Tom Campbell's Lectures - Answers to Frequent Questions

Devoted to providing the interface between the Bulletin Board and the Wiki. Links you might want to follow to the Wiki.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Tom Campbell's Lectures - Answers to Frequent Questions

Post by Ted Vollers »

All of Tom's Lectures, prepared as handouts for advance study before attending his Events, have been separated from their arbitrary groupings and posted individually on the Wiki where they can be found by their titles. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/To ... -_Lectures Most are derived by Tom selecting out discussions or individual postings from the Bulletin Board answering questions. Some were purpose written. They answer many questions that people frequently ask him on the board and elsewhere which is the reason that they were selected and prepared as lectures. They are well worth scanning if you have a question as the answer may well be there already.

They can be printed out from the Wiki using that standard function to format them properly for printing and have been posted as PDF files again on the Events web site here. http://www.mbtevents.com/Free_Stuff.html

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Re: Tom Campbell's Lectures - Answers to Frequent Questions

Post by Ted Vollers »

Tom provided two new lectures that were sent to me. I have placed them on the Wiki, the last two linked on the Linkage page for his lectures: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/To ... -_Lectures On this page they are in order of creation by Tom.

They relate to setting up a 'Fire Wall' as personal protection within NPMR and to living a moral life in an immoral world.

They, and all of Tom's other lectures, are available as PDF files for download from the MBT Events web site here: http://www.mbtevents.com/Free_Stuff.html There they are in alphabetical order.

You can also of course use the Print Version function on the Wiki and convert each page to a printable format which is what I used, with a PDF converter, to create the PDF files for the Wiki.

Ted
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Regarding this quote from Tom from the link you posted:
What improves us at the Being Level
“But how do I Improve myself (at the "being level”)?”

Answer: Get rid of fear, belief and ego. All three are related: Belief and ego are products of fear. I know, it’s Easy to say but hard to do. Here is how I recommend going about it. Most people who have been seriously working on their quality of consciousness increasingly find it difficult to spot the fear and beliefs, but ego is less subtle and more obvious when you are looking for it. Begin by inspecting your intent or motivation in everyday interactions. Honestly inspect every action, thought, feeling, want, need, and desire – particularly as you personally interact with others (spouse, family, friends, office coworkers, strangers, etc) – or as you process (think about things, daydream, muse). Discover the real cause -- the cause behind the cause -- of why you say, do or think what you do. Then ask yourself: “Is this cause, intent, motivation about me” (your wants, needs, expectations, desires). If it is mostly about you (managing things to be the way you want them to be), then it is very likely that your intent/motivation is ego based. If it is ego based, you can generally find a fear or belief at the root (a fear of things-you-others not being or working out the way you wish). If you find a fear, that is the thing you need to get rid of. The only antidote for fear is courage and the honest desire to change. If you find a belief, then dig one level deeper and find the fear that drives the belief. Eliminate the fear and the belief and ego will simply fall away because it is no longer needed to deal with the fear. This process takes focus, dedication to succeeding, and perseverance. If you work diligently at this process, in three or four months, the difference in you and your quality of life will be quite noticeable by you and others.
I created this process flow chart that reflects what he said, to the best of my understanding. Some may find it helpful when broken down into steps this way, as a wall of text can sometimes be hard to parse accurately. I think this is such an important process that it is worth studying in greater detail. Click on the image for a better resolution.

Ted, if you and others like this, perhaps it would be good to add to that wiki page. Do you have any suggestions or corrections?
Mike
Advaita
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Advaita »

Wow, awesome flow chart.
Justin
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Justin »

...How to be an effective and engaged student in the learning lab of life.

Nice one Mike
-"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find... you get what you need"
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

I think that there might be some 'tweaks' needed. We particularly need Tom's input. I will bring it to his attention but the list is apparently long at present.

Ted
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Here's the flowchart again, updated with Tom's input:

I've also posted it on the wiki:

http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Ho ... l_world%3F
Mike
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

I am looking for Toms putting together of words concerning science as a religion, any help please? :)
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Mike,

You might make note that this is a recursive process. The end links back to the beginning as shown with that line from end back to beginning. What about a note pointing that out. That unlabeled return link across the top tends to not be that visible. I bet Tom saw that as he knows that it is not a one pass process but rather a matter of continual refinement. What is obvious to Tom and thus not separately commented on is not necessarily obvious to everyone however.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Bette,

On the board, I think this will be the only place where science approaches being discussed as a religion or at least, scientists as high priests. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4940&p=25909&hilit= ... sts#p25909

From My Big TOE we have the following from Book 3, Section 5, Chapter 77, Page 663:
ScientistsAsPriestsP663.JPG
ScientistsAsPriestsP663.JPG (97.06 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
This pretty much covers it. All I can find.

Ted
Attachments
ScientistsAsPriestsP663.JPG
ScientistsAsPriestsP663.JPG (97.06 KiB) Viewed 8051 times
Last edited by Ted Vollers on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected file not loading.
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Ted Vollers wrote:Mike,

You might make note that this is a recursive process. The end links back to the beginning as shown with that line from end back to beginning. What about a note pointing that out. That unlabeled return link across the top tends to not be that visible. I bet Tom saw that as he knows that it is not a one pass process but rather a matter of continual refinement. What is obvious to Tom and thus not separately commented on is not necessarily obvious to everyone however.

Ted
Here's the updated file with a note about the iterative nature of the process in that line. http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3955/p ... orhone.png

I haven't updated the wiki file yet, as it appears there is a bug with uploading newer versions of a file. I notified dbmathis of this.
Mike
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Mike,

You probably have to delete the picture and then upload it again. This instead of updating it. David has been pretty busy lately and his family ill as well earlier.

Ted
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Ted,

I would have but I didn't seem to have permissions to do so (I could not find the option anywhere). Deleting things on Wiki's is generally not allowed, except for rare circumstances and is only given to the most privileged admin. That's why I asked David. He was kind enough to promptly respond and resolve the issue. Thanks.
Mike
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Mike,

You just go back and edit the page where the photograph was inserted. You delete the insert code. You do have to upload the graphic with a changed file name but you just add a number. Then insert that file just like you did the first one. Did Tom suggest that particular lecture? There might be a better choice.

Ted
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Yeah, that was possible too.

I picked that particular lecture because that is where the paragraph of text originated from. I am open to other locations though.. It could be posted on mutiple pages.
Mike

Return to “Wandering on the Wiki”