All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: The experiment
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the clarifications.

If you are tamping down emotions to be more social then you are faking who you are at the being level.

TOM:
Sometimes. If "faking it" is part of a process leading to "making it", then there is value in it, often this is the case if the faking is only temporary -- but there is risk. If "faking it" never leads toward "making it", then there is negative value in it -- you will become cynical, self-righteous, and worse off than you were before you started faking it.

Of course faking it may make you less annoying to others, at least until cynical and self-righteous sets in -- but in the end it is a net loss.

http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... king#p7113
I am not referring to "tamping down emotions to be more social" or "faking it". What I refer to has nothing to do with social interaction. It goes to SELF. To identify and eliminate negative emotions such as anger, hatred, deceit, and greed, etc., all of which are fear based, is necessary to lower entropy, yes? To leash them is to gain control over them while identifying the source and then eliminating them. Further, you no longer send negative emotions out and influence others. What you send out comes back to you.

Feed back is meaningless if you do not act on it. If someone tells me I am angry, and I had not perceived myself as angry to that point, I am going to identify it, leash it, get to the bottom of it and eliminate it.
In my experience, you cannot tamp down emotions or “leash” them, They will ALWAYS find there way to the surface. You CANNOT eliminate the negative aspects of yourself. You must WORK to find a way to channel those negative aspects into positive avenues that benefit all.

What you put out out, you get back. It is true. But what you need to know is that, even those negative aspects can and will be used to help All. You are a integral and essential part of All That Is. There will always be help. Just ask for it. I Love You! Be as angry as you want and I will still Love you. I will Always help You! Forever and Always. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

In my experience, you cannot tamp down emotions or “leash” them, They will ALWAYS find there way to the surface. You CANNOT eliminate the negative aspects of yourself. You must WORK to find a way to channel those negative aspects into positive avenues that benefit all.
This has not been my experience. I disagree.
Quote:
What you put out out, you get back. It is true. But what you need to know is that, even those negative aspects can and will be used to help All. You are a integral and essential part of All That Is. There will always be help. Just ask for it. I Love You! Be as angry as you want and I will still Love you. I will Always help You! Forever and Always. :D
The negative aspects will not help you lower your entropy according to the MBT model which is consistent with ancient models as well. Anger is unhealthy and unnecessary. One can eliminate it by choice and willful intent as with any other negative emotion. IMHO.

Egualmente mi amigo, gracias.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you are having to act other than who you are at your being level, then you have adopted a social mask. And you are in fact 'faking it.' Better to go to the root of your anger and deal with the fear.

You cannot deal with anger by an Intent not to be angry. You have to actually deal with the fear and get rid of it. Then you are authentically not angry and don't have to hide anything.

I was married to a man who tamped down all his negative emotions. It never helped him deal with any of his fears. And sooner or later his anger would explode.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
If you are having to act other than who you are at your being level, then you have adopted a social mask. And you are in fact 'faking it.' Better to go to the root of your anger and deal with the fear.
I agree. Determine the source and deal with it. Being yourself is fundamental at the being level.
Quote:
You cannot deal with anger by an Intent not to be angry. You have to actually deal with the fear and get rid of it. Then you are authentically not angry and don't have to hide anything.
I agree, discover the source and rid yourself of the negative quality. But you use your will and intent to do it.
Quote:
I was married to a man who tamped down all his negative emotions. It never helped him deal with any of his fears. And sooner or later his anger would explode.
This then explains your focus on tamping down negative emotions. I understand. I agree with your explanation in the context of this experience. I suggest someone like that does not have the will to face their fears; it was not their intent. Being angry is harmful enough but walking around with suppressed anger and exploding is toxic. IMHO.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Very interesting. People always tell me that people never change and this is of course not true. People ALWAYS change, but perhaps it’s a matter of semantics? Having a negative emotion seems to me to be a matter of perspective. You have your preferences, others have theirs. What you perceive as negative another may perceive as positive and vice versa. Can you imagine any absolutes here that are true under all circumstances? I haven’t been able to.
Quote:
The negative aspects will not help you lower your entropy according to the MBT model which is consistent with ancient models as well. Anger is unhealthy and unnecessary. One can eliminate it by choice and willful intent as with any other negative emotion. IMHO.
Aaa, but they can. The negative is there for a reason. It drives you and teaches you doesn’t it?

You don’t want to be negative, you want to be positive. The problem is, you/we are ALL of it, negative and positive.

It seems to me that it is not the having of the negative emotion that is the problem, it is the denial of its existence, which leads to a denial of parts of the “self”. It seems as if this is what you are saying here, but in a different way.
Quote:
Feed back is meaningless if you do not act on it. If someone tells me I am angry, and I had not perceived myself as angry to that point, I am going to identify it, leash it, get to the bottom of it and eliminate it.
You do choose how to feel about any given thing, but you are under no obligation to accept what you believe is harmful to you. The trick, in my experience has always been to use negativity to my advantage, basically to learn from it.

You cannot control something you don’t own. If you identify something as being negative, it is YOU who is making that identification, and it is YOU who will continue to experience it until you have found within yourself what you need to know. I have found it helpful to “allow” the negative to guide me toward the positive. I do not invalidate or “eliminate” what I don’t prefer. You cannot eliminate part of yourself, as you are a part of “All That Is”. I accept it as part of my “self”. I simply say thank you but no thank you, I will change. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Very interesting. People always tell me that people never change and this is of course not true. People ALWAYS change, but perhaps it’s a matter of semantics? Having a negative emotion seems to me to be a matter of perspective. You have your preferences, others have theirs. What you perceive as negative another may perceive as positive and vice versa. Can you imagine any absolutes here that are true under all circumstances? I haven’t been able to.
Quote:
Aaa, but they can. The negative is there for a reason. It drives you and teaches you doesn’t it?

You don’t want to be negative, you want to be positive. The problem is, you/we are ALL of it, negative and positive.

It seems to me that it is not the having of the negative emotion that is the problem, it is the denial of its existence, which leads to a denial of parts of the “self”. It seems as if this is what you are saying here, but in a different way.
Quote:
You do choose how to feel about any given thing, but you are under no obligation to accept what you believe is harmful to you. The trick, in my experience has always been to use negativity to my advantage, basically to learn from it.

You cannot control something you don’t own. If you identify something as being negative, it is YOU who is making that identification, and it is YOU who will continue to experience it until you have found within yourself what you need to know. I have found it helpful to “allow” the negative to guide me toward the positive. I do not invalidate or “eliminate” what I don’t prefer. You cannot eliminate part of yourself, as you are a part of “All That Is”. I accept it as part of my “self”. I simply say thank you but no thank you, I will change. :)
I do not agree.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very well. Maybe I’m misunderstanding. It just has always seemed to me that when something negative is encountered it can be used to help find the fear that is causing it driving self change. In this way the negative is used positively.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Negativity is in the eye of the beholder. Any situation can be used as an opportunity to grow. Whether it is perceived as negative or positive is subjective.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with Linda and virtualbrain. When negativity is made conscious, one can use it to avoid it in the future and for growth. The main thing is to understand why we are reacting in a negative way and replace these negative thoughts by more positive ones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Can someone please tell me what kind if help is needed here? are these pages related to the "help wanted" topic?