List of projects and specific participants.

Tom is participating with oversight if not actively. You might find a role in which you can contribute yourself. (Help Wanted)
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

List of projects and specific participants.

Post by Ted Vollers »

This is a list as an announcement planned to be maintained at the top of this forum. Its purpose is to make you aware of these ongoing and developing projects and where you might be able to contribute. Also to solicit your help where you have the time, the expertise, the information and the interest. Not all projects are at the point of needing your present aid, but your consciousness of them might just make you write down an idea or save a file for later. This list is not in order of importance.

1} The MBT Wiki you know about already. There is an established process to apply as an editor. As anticipated, not everyone has the interest or time for this kind of work.

2} Multiple translations of MBT are in process, some with specific interaction with Tom and his official participation and support. Some are independently proceeding without Tom's interaction and support. Here is a link to the Wiki page where they are listed and linked from, with the information available. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials You are reminded that all of Tom Campbell's work is under his copyright and that those wishing to produce translations are invited to contact Tom to discuss your understanding of MBT and your intentions. Various aid is available or being further extended for translators. See the pages on the MBT Wiki as noted above. Tom Campbell is prepared to negotiate and make specific contractual agreements for published translations and requires this under his copyright.

3} Within that translation project, there is also a project to take the questions asked by translators for clarification relative to each chapter of MBT and provide a Wiki page with the questions and the clarifications and direction provided by Tom or by Ted (reviewed by Tom). You might find this of interest and perhaps might even want to post a question that has always bothered you on the discussion pages for these Wiki pages. This particularly includes American cultural references that might be confusing to members from other countries. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Am ... _Materials

4} There is now also a project just beginning to create a game based upon MBT concepts. There are gamers among us, perhaps somewhat reformed gamers, and a whole world full of avid gamers 'out there'. Perhaps this is the way to reach them in addition to Tom's books. Not everyone reads to that extent now days, leading to Tom's video presentations. Eventually programmers, story writers, graphic artists and more will be needed. But that is in the longer term of probably years down the road. Presently, we are just working on this 'conceptually' with Ted and KurtO. Not that others are unwelcome. We are just the only ones presently and KurtO was the only one with real and personal interest who picked up the offer when this was discussed on the board previously. Not that we have not received suggestions for an appropriate game engine to use from some of the programmers among us. All such help and advice is appreciated. This project has Tom's blessing but not any active participation until later in the process. There is nothing to show more 'publicly' until later in the development process. If interested, talk to Ted about this by PM or e-mail. At some time, we will need all the help we can get, but that time is not yet.

5} As a natural development of the 'game' project, there will be the creation of a graphical version of the MBT model on the Wiki. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Th ... _Link_Page After doing some initial thinking about how to produce such a more explanatory and visual version of the model, it was realized that a game engine is just the type of software to provide the necessary control of the experience to create such a model. Hopefully this will make the MBT model more understandable to those who have attempted to read and understand the model as it is stated entirely verbally and given up.

6} There is currently a project underway to gather up copies of all voice only interviews and Videos of Tom from the Internet and store them securely in case their present location becomes unavailable. The details of where and how stored and possible different ways to access them is being discussed. A time will come when there will be a complete posting in terms of links on the MBT Wiki. At that time, if you have any additional materials not on our 'list', please provide us with a copy to add to the collection. This includes interviews that might no longer be available or perhaps voice over translations or sub titling in another language of Tom's presentations or a text extraction in English from the video. We do not necessarily have a file copy of all such that is out there. We are trying to get this all organized and an organized and comprehensive way to access any and all of it as needed without the need for searches on the Internet or on Youtube. All organized and with contents discussed so you know where to go to look for specific discussions and concepts. Have patience. At present, we are just getting the cart behind the horse. Presently, Shawn as web site administrator, Tom Campbell, Keith at MBT Events and Ted Vollers are involved in this process. There are other board members who have Video or Audio files, written transcripts or translated Voice Overs in their possession who have come forward and made us aware of those materials or perhaps have not yet done so. We solicit all help possible to create a complete and organized archive of Tom's presentations so that they can best be made available into the future to the widest possible audience. Transcriptions written out in English would be of particular value for all Videos as they could be used for sub titling for the deaf and also as source material for translators to produce alternate language sub titled versions for those who do not understand English or to alternately produce Voice Over versions in other languages by native speakers in those languages. There are many valuable ways for you who are seriously interested in the advancement of Tom Campbell's work to aid in this advancement.

7} There is now an IT Board Management Group. This is a group of IT professionals who are helping extend the usefulness of this board and the general 'world' of Tom Campbell's web sites and solve problems when they come up. They are currently working on extending board functionality to implement Tom Campbell's Video forum in a desirable manner, extending the functionality of the board and making access to Tom's Video and Audio presentations more readily accessible. There are also plans to improve access to and finding information within Tom's posts and videos with transcripts and easier locating of particular content. If you have the skills and would like to join this group to aid Tom Campbell in his mission, please PM me, Ted Vollers.

8} Another desirable service to Tom Campbell is the transcription of his Video and Audio presentations which will be posted on the board and thus searchable and their content made more available. We solicit those willing to participate in this valuable service to Tom and thus to all of his readers. Presently Linda Sain is providing several such transcripts but this is more work than one person can do, and especially on top of her work as a moderator.

This is not necessarily all that is going on. Just what comes to mind at present. At present, this is just to provide awareness or in some cases state the need for present or future or potential help with these projects. Have patience.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Re: List of projects and specific participants.

Post by Ted Vollers »

Please note that additions to this announcement will be made from time to time. A new post will be created so that those who have their preferences set to notify them of new posts they have not seen will be notified. Some minor modifications and extensions of this announcement have been made in the original post above.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

I have a number of new "chapters" in the works for the 'book' I'm perpetually creating out of my original web site. I have mentioned some of these ideas here on the board and will give an outline of each below. They are intended as extensions of MBT theory and applications, trying to get some kind of start on the science that might follow on with further acceptance of Tom's model of reality and teachings regarding MBT. Tom has been told about each of them and given information on what I'm working towards, but apparently reserves judgement and comments until I get them finished. It will take me a while to get them all up and I will put each in a new post so announcements go out while just editing them in here would not be noted. Numerous things keep interfering in finishing these projects.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

The most nearly complete conceptualization I have going is titled: IUOCs, Personality Types, Neural Networks and Brain Organization at present. This is however very likely to be divided into two chapters with one on IUOCs and Personality Types and with the second on Neural Networks, IUOCs and Brain Organization and they are presently actually in separate files. It's just likely to grow too big and complex for just one chapter.

So far I have the basic exposition worked out for IUOCs and personality types with some primitive diagrams for illustrations using the limited graphic and diagramming functionality of the word processor I am using. This does not adequately explain and illustrate what I am trying to describe however and I am likely to have to break out my old CAD programs, warm up my old skills and create better illustrations. Three dimensional representation is really needed to convey the concepts adequately.

I still need to add considerably to the exposition, filling out the explanation much more completely. I need to integrate more complete information based on Dr. David Keirsey's book on personality types. I need to do this in conjunction with the illustrative diagrams however as they interact in terms of what exposition is required, dependent on what I can show graphically. It is a reasonably complex exposition, all told, and shows how MBT can explain how our basic personalities as the 16 personality types are inherent to our IUOCs as how our IUOC integrates with our past history and incoming data stream over the RWW to create our avatar here in PMR. To provide our avatars thus with the 16 basic personality types of Keirsey's personality theory. I see much of value to each of us in understanding our own personality type, as we test out, and how we thus interact for better or for worse with the other 15 types.

I also have to do more exposition regarding Neural Networks, IUOCs and brain organization. While it is a fairly complete outline so far, in more than one file, it is far from a complete exposition and needs a lot of references and backup of the ideas. I can make good proposals regarding the so called right/left brain organization, where the corpus callosum comes into this as bridging/interconnecting logical functions and pattern matching functions, both in the brain and in our IUOCs. I have looked up and made copies on my computer of many papers providing this kind of information from speculation about the high left/right connectivity of Einstein's brain making him so highly productive to extensive literature on neural networks, the probable basis upon which our IUOC does the interconnecting of these sub functionalities that are so basically different and also are likely to enter into the kinds of differences between men and women that Tom talks about. The problem at present is more to get all of this information, mine and others, together and bring order out of relative chaos.

Papers written by others are written as scientific publications and for entirely different purposes than mine here. I must get all of this organized, pertinent information extracted and then put together into a coherent package. I need either to go back to old grad school days and print out a lot of papers, notate them and spread them out on every available surface to organize them and then start to manually put them together and integrate the ideas. Or alternatively, I can do this on my computer if I can arrange a larger 'desktop' to accommodate more files in play at one time. I am after all nearly 50 years older now and can use more help in thinking deeply about very complex material which is after all not my field of study and expertise. Less distraction by health and living conditions would also be helpful.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Another project which I have not said much about before is figuring out a way to create a 'Grand Information Map of MBT' which would allow eventual linking of Tom Campbell's writings, posts on the Bulletin Board, lectures made from Tom's posts and everything else on the Wiki and everything else which fits in here to make a whole understanding of MBT concepts.

I have used such mapping concepts in the past to organize information and while there are numerous such programs available, including free or relatively inexpensive programs, I have not yet seen one in my exploration so far that can do the job that I can envision. We need both the software to make such a map and the understanding to create such a map (which I think I have a good start on) and the time to put this all together, perhaps with the help of others once I have the necessary software and hardware put together. This is likely to end up requiring another new MBT web site to house all of this information and display infrastructure and make it publicly available.

I have put a fair amount of thought into this and some time searching the Internet for suitable software and concepts already available. I have worked with several software solutions, setting up starting configurations to see what problems arise and new capabilities are required. So far, we are 'missing it by that much' as Max Smart used to say. We require a way to create a map and web of great intricacy and scope, not to mention size and levels, and yet be able to display it over the Internet from a server to appear on screens of laptops and even desktops of limited screen size. And it has to be made simply navigable so that people wishing to learn MBT can work their way through the maze until it starts to make sense to them as a gestalt instead of all those little bitty pieces that keep wanting to float out of mental focus and understanding.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

A still more fundamental and technical project I am working on is how to explain the nature of the LCS and how it works in more clear ways than references to Cellular Automatons and finding some examples of CA that can do some of the things which we consider to be certain regarding the nature of the LCS since there are so many references to them. I'm talking about Indra's Net and the IUOCs and the RWW in Tom Campbell's terminology. I'm talking about the Akashic Records or in Tom's terms, the past actualized, the past unactualized and the future probable data bases. While there is great corroborative evidence that these aspects of the LCS exist and with many more than just Tom Campbell describing them, on deeper analysis and much speculative thinking, I cannot see how they can occur within a CA which is limited to the characteristics displayed in those CA that are historically studied in the field of pure mathematics. There is clearly more to the CA like behavior of the LCS than has been studied in CA here in PMR.

There are also probable arrangements, based upon simple efficiency of operation, that can be anticipated to be part of the architecture of the LCS. Things like I have discussed before in that while Tom Campbell describes the three data bases, he does not describe their actual architecture and how they exist within the LCS. It's not like there will be a monolithic structure as a a metaphor only as in these data bases being implemented monolithically with some kind of attached mechanism to return queries for data on demand. There is no means for this to be implemented when what we know of about the LCS is that it consists of the IUOCs interconnected by the RWW and which IUOCs in Union, are AUM. All there is is IUOCs on the RWW to do all of the things that Tom metaphorically describes. Many things which Tom describes make it clear that AUM values its IUOCs and that they are ever increasing in number and that AUM works hard to also improve their entropy level and QOC and their sheer number as they are continually being created.

So I long ago concluded that the data bases were a monolithic entity in concept only and that the data was actually distributed and associated with the IUOCs. This gives us both an efficient set up, since it simultaneously provides us with our 3 data bases and our IUOCs as a means of recovering data from the metaphorical data bases and without losing available space for additional IUOCs. This also stops either the duplication of records or the added recovery time of the individual memories of IUOCs avatars having to access an external and separate data base which is an extremely frequent operation, resulting in a considerable added overhead of messaging over the RWW. The IUOCs are simply the repository of the data and the means by which that data is accessed as required out over the RWW elsewhere than as simple memory for the IUOC's avatars. The question is then, just how does this get accomplished in the metaphor of a CA as it exists in PMR science and mathematics.

My conclusion is that while the data bases must exist this way for the reasons stated, they must then not be in a conventional CA, also for the reasons stated. The LCS simply does not do things in irrational and wasteful manners so the question is, just how does the LCS do the things that so many people agree that it does. The Akashic records as so named date back only to the late 1800s. However there are stated to be references to similar records in every spiritual tradition known. Specifically I would mention the Book of Life in both the Cristian Bible and the Jewish Talmud. As I have attempted to show many times, MBT is consistent with a long tradition of mystical metaphysics going back millennia, just derived by Tom Campbell in another means than mysticism with his direct exploration and analysis, allowing an understanding far beyond the past metaphors for this Reality.

I will not attempt to go further into the details of this work. I am simply and frankly in the process of analysis and discovery at present and while the above is non technical, it pretty much covers the work done so far which covers many months of work, but not concentrated on this question. Many of these understandings that I am attempting to extend are intimately tied together so I have been largely working on them in parallel. Again, attempting to provide for the future of science and mathematics once MBT theory is recognized as a possible source of explanation of much of present day science.

Ted

Return to “Projects in development with Tom's blessing.”