Spanish section?

Tom is participating with oversight if not actively. You might find a role in which you can contribute yourself. (Help Wanted)
Anonymous23

Spanish section?

Post by Anonymous23 »

Can you put a spanish section? Or other idioms section? Thanks.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Re: Spanish section?

Post by Ted Vollers »

Possibly, but first you will have to be much more specific that just referring to a Spanish Section. Where, specifically? There already are Spanish translations going up on the Wiki. What would be its contents? Who would write it and participate in its creation? There is a Spanish speaking contingent of those interested in My Big TOE. There have been two conferences in Spain as I remember, one just recently completed. From the following page on Tom's Wiki, you can find all of the translated materials presently known about and made available on the Wiki, although I admit to being behind somewhat and many things I have had rumors of seem to have not been progressing. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials

Ted
Anonymous23

Post by Anonymous23 »

Ted Vollers wrote:Possibly, but first you will have to be much more specific that just referring to a Spanish Section. Where, specifically? There already are Spanish translations going up on the Wiki. What would be its contents? Who would write it and participate in its creation? There is a Spanish speaking contingent of those interested in My Big TOE. There have been two conferences in Spain as I remember, one just recently completed. From the following page on Tom's Wiki, you can find all of the translated materials presently known about and made available on the Wiki, although I admit to being behind somewhat and many things I have had rumors of seem to have not been progressing. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials

Ted
A spanish section in the forum, or "other language" section, yankies there are not alone in the earth... you know ;). Thanks.
Volgerle
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Volgerle »

Ted Vollers wrote:Possibly, but first you will have to be much more specific that just referring to a Spanish Section. Where, specifically? There already are Spanish translations going up on the Wiki. What would be its contents? Who would write it and participate in its creation? There is a Spanish speaking contingent of those interested in My Big TOE. There have been two conferences in Spain as I remember, one just recently completed. From the following page on Tom's Wiki, you can find all of the translated materials presently known about and made available on the Wiki, although I admit to being behind somewhat and many things I have had rumors of seem to have not been progressing. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials

Ted
it says the German version is not complete, but this might not be true as it is already for sale on the German Amazon ...

http://www.amazon.de/Meine-gro%C3%9Fe-T ... 869916923/
"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

There will not be a Spanish section to the bulletin board until there is an administrator available with both knowledge of MBT and Spanish to run it. When Tom approves someone to 'fill that bill', we could have such a forum if there were demand for it. If that would just develop into a hodgepodge of spam and who knows what for lack of administration, it will not happen. It is a constant struggle here in English.

Ted
Anonymous23

Post by Anonymous23 »

Ted Vollers wrote:There will not be a Spanish section to the bulletin board until there is an administrator available with both knowledge of MBT and Spanish to run it. When Tom approves someone to 'fill that bill', we could have such a forum if there were demand for it. If that would just develop into a hodgepodge of spam and who knows what for lack of administration, it will not happen. It is a constant struggle here in English.

Ted
It seems to me reasonable. I'm going to study this to be an administrator of the future spanish section. Thanks
Carlos
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Carlos »

Ted Vollers wrote:. I have had rumors of seem to have not been progressing. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials
Ted
Hi Ted,

I am happy that the German version of Awakening is now edited and available, as I see through the link posted by Volgerle, so that some 100 millions of people (Wikipedia data) may enjoy it in such eminent language. With regard to the Spanish one of the same volume, certainly there is some delay in its ending, which is only dependent upon Tom's time disposal and will, insofar as he has the whole translated files, some of them including a relative big amount of doubts concerning the accurate meaning of certain terms and grammatical structures. So we hope that 500 millions of Spanish-speakers may have as soon as possible a similar grace than the radiated over the German-speakers. Amen :~)

Carlos
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Carlos,

I will put it on my list to update the notes. The German translation is not actually finished. Just the first book of the trilogy. I don't know what the status of the rest is now. The Hungarian translation has been actually completed and there are discussions going on with Tom and they are working on confirming the translation preparatory to finding a publisher. If you have seen the part of the Wiki related to the special translation or creation of equivalent concepts in other languages versus English colloquialisms, if you have any input from Tom on this, it would be helpful to other future translators to pass it to me to put this on the Wiki. I have worked with Zoltan Gyalog on the Hungarian translations on some of this which went into creating those pages already up on the Wiki. I am trying to get to work more on the Wiki which I have been neglecting for the board and some other things that were pressing.

Ted
majorsan@uol.com.br

Post by majorsan@uol.com.br »

Hello guys. I m currently working on translating the book itself (MBT) into Portuguese along other 2 fellow friends.
If at any point some video subtitles are available in Spanish we could also use that to lever up translations into Portuguese language (useful for Brazil & Portugal and a few other countries). Please let me know if anything SRT or TXT files are already available. Tks & regards, Mario Jorge P Santos
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Mario,

Are you aware of Tom's Wiki and this page on translations in process? http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials There is a good bit of work done on the Spanish translation, linked from that page and also Spanish subtitling and other translations which you might find of value. There is also a link to a section of discussion of American idioms used by Tom and some special terminology also linked from there. I am behind on putting up everything available as translations at present. Please send to me copies of any discussions with Tom regarding explanations and discussions for your translation so they may be included in this latter section regarding idioms. If there is a time problem with Tom responding to questions, I should be able to answer many of your questions as much of that page came from me, working with various translators, as I have more time and much less e-mail correspondence than Tom does. You might find other sections of the Wiki, such as the index, that might be of value to you.

Please contact Tom Campbell to discuss your interest in creating such a translation as he handles this directly as the copyright holder. Eventually he will make a formal agreement with translators regarding publication and copyright and having the accuracy of the translation confirmed. He can make available to you electronic versions of the books that might be helpful as well. Make sure that copies of such do not show up on the Internet however as has happened. Tom does not wish for those to become available and lose control of his own work. The books are available free to read on Google books.

Ted Vollers
William12
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by William12 »

Also take note of Google Translate. You can translate complete web sites. Probably not as good as a mind, but is workable.

Asimismo, tomamos nota de Google Translate. Usted puede traducir páginas web completas. Probablemente no es tan buena como una mente, pero es factible.

Também tomamos nota do Google Translate. Você pode traduzir sites completos. Provavelmente não tão bom quanto uma mente, mas é viável.

また、Google翻訳、メモ等をとってください。あなたは、完全なWebサイトを翻訳することができます。おそらく心ほど良くはなく、実行可能である。

Również wziąć pod uwagę z Google Translate. Można tłumaczyć całe strony internetowe. Prawdopodobnie nie tak dobre, jak umysł, ale jest wykonalne.

Translate blocks of text as well as web sites.
http://translate.google.com/
Attachments
GoogleTrans.PNG
GoogleTrans.PNG (264.73 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
VR makes my brain Hertz
dinah
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by dinah »

When you shall need something regarding Spanish, Spanish is my native language.
daghda
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by daghda »

For interested parties there is a Spanish Audio book of MBT in the pipeline, I was approached last year by someone who has the skills to do this along with access to a recording studio where the entire translation can take place.

Tom was pleased and initial plans were laid to start at around the middle of spring.

As it happens I made contact them today and am arranging the next step.

These things take time but will keep the forum posted.

Daghda
Love is the answer!
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Daghda,

Will they be simultaneously producing a text version in Spanish at the same time. They obviously will have to produce one as they are surely not going to produce the translation simultaneously with reading the book in English and translating it 'live' like a UN translator. Surely it would be better to publish that also rather than just throw it away once the spoken version was produced.

Ted

Return to “Projects in development with Tom's blessing.”