Need Transcribers for Tom Campbell's spoken presentations.

Tom is participating with oversight if not actively. You might find a role in which you can contribute yourself. (Help Wanted)
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Need Transcribers for Tom Campbell's spoken presentations.

Post by Ted Vollers »

This is a call for participants in a new way to assist Tom Campbell in the project of making this information more widely accessible. We need more people to help with this. It is a matter of skill, talent and a desire to help Tom, not a matter of special training or education.

Another desirable service to Tom Campbell is the transcription of his Video and Audio presentations which will be posted on the board and thus searchable and their content made more available. We solicit those willing to participate in this valuable service to Tom and thus to all of his readers. Presently Linda Sain is providing several such transcripts but this is more work than one person can do, and especially on top of her work as a moderator.

Please either contact me by PM or post in this thread, if you wish to help.
We will work towards posting a list of transcripts still needed, removing them from the list when completed, so the still needed ones can be addressed.

Ted
dave
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Need Transcribers for Tom Campbell's spoken presentation

Post by dave »

Ted,

If you are still looking for people, I would be willing to lend a hand.

Dave
The secret of dreams is that subject and object are the same, but you had to give names to everything, and make logos for bad ideas, and because of that you will have to learn to touch what you make.
DaniMo

Post by DaniMo »

Dear Ted, let me know if I can be of help.

kind Regards, Dani
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

I am remiss in many things, including putting together a list to check off against what has not yet been transcribed. I will try to get this put together sometime but my list is already long. If you in the meantime look at the forum of Tom's videos, any that you find there which don't have a transcript are almost certain to need one as I put up those which are passed on to me as complete. viewforum.php?f=238

Ted
ErneRose

Post by ErneRose »

Hi Ted. I would love to help with the work you describe. I'm a professional typist, copy editor and proof-reader and am available to help. I'm new to the forum but am very familiar with Tom's work.

If you want to ask me anything, please contact me by PM.
cheezmiss
Normal User
Normal User

Post by cheezmiss »

I volunteer.
Brubblon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Brubblon »

I would like to help, too. Do you also need translations?
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

If you go to this page on Tom's Wiki, you can find what we have so far as translations. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/Translations ... _Materials There was work being done on several languages which is outlined there and with pages linked of what had been done and passed to me to post. But as far as I know nothing was completed unless it was done by someone with the intent of publishing a translation and receiving income as the translator, a freelancer as opposed to a follower of Tom's work. Tom has neither said anything to me nor have I seen anything further indicating complete translations. If you see something that you wish to participate in and help with, we will find out from Tom what is going on. I was working with those doing the translations and there are pages on the Wiki where notes were made based upon questions asked by translators regarding how to translate 'Americanisms' and how to understand other parts of the books that they were having trouble with. You will be working with me for most help if you choose to participate. Tom will of course be available at real need, but he is very busy and he has given me this task of helping as far as I can.

Let me know if you have interest in proceeding further and we will check with Tom for more and latest information.

Ted
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

If you want to transrcibe in English, please check with me first as there are some in the works. No need to waste time and double up.

Thanks!
Brubblon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Brubblon »

Thank you Ted! Translating the book would be a bit too serious for me.
Sainbury, I would like to do some transcriptions. And maybe I could also translate some of them.
dinah
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by dinah »

I would love to translate into Spanish, but unfortunately I lost my job as a translator because the company broke, and I am looking for work to survive.

If in the future I will not need to make a living, I could help translate
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

Sorry to hear that Dinah, I hope you get work soon. Can you get unemployment?
dinah
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by dinah »

During the last 13 years I was employed in a company as a translator English-Spanish-English working 8 hours a day as a translator of technical instructions manuals, general translations, documents, etc.
Due to my career in the health field I occasionally get medical translations from a pharmaceutical European-USA laboratory but they are very scarce.

So I am looking for work as freelancer translator and I will see what happens.

Thanks for your interest Linda
doubleslit

Post by doubleslit »

I am available for transcribing. Send an email to peterpremuzic@gmail.com if needed.

My certificate: http://www.ratatype.com/u174018/certificate/

Return to “Projects in development with Tom's blessing.”