Return Home
It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Please do not post here except for such confirmations and of course for discussion of such confirmations.

Post subject: Re: Jung's psychology
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm 

To answer your question then, as posed. No Jung did not make a distinction between the intellectual and being. His distinction is between consciousness and unconsciousness. If you don't want to understand Jung stop posing inane questions. You ask about him, I answer and you complain. Now let me pose a question to you; how does one get from the intellectual level to the being level?

You are free to "hear" it in any manner or fashion, that is your choice. From what level are your choices?????
How does one discern whether another person is operating from the intellectual level or the being level?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:42 pm 
Curator
Curator

The being level is represented fundamentally by our base being as our IUOC. The IUOC is a part of the Union of all IUOCs which function as the developing sequence of AUO to AUM as stages of development of The One Consciousness. So the being level is fundamental to us individually and to the Union of all IUOCs as The One Consciousness. This is a digital information system. This goes back to sources already explained and not to the Occult or to the subdivisions of consciousness as created in psychology or psychiatry. There are functionalities of the IUOC which are not conscious, although available to avatars in VRs. This relates to iNtuition as a part of personality theory as explicated by Dr. David Keirsey. Our IUOC can deal with very large and complex data collections which we are not conscious of as avatars in the PMR VR. They can however be used, particularly by the personality types of Idealists and Rationals, going all the way back to ancient Greek classical thought. But intuition at a lesser level is fundamental to human avatars of all personality types. The unconscious is not some 'thing' which exists for all to reach but is rather something which simply does not appear within the consciousness of an avatar. NPMR is accessible to PMR avatars, once they learn how to do so.

The intellectual level is based upon our avatars in PMR with Ego being very much a part of it in terms of wants, needs and fears which develop individually during each incarnation and reside in the chain of memory that is created starting new by each avatar at birth. This leaves aside all questions of some who do have the ability to access those memories from past incarnations. And there are other aspects of experience which occur in PMR that spring from the base level as an IUOC rather than being normal to avatars in PMR. These include ADC, OOBE, NDE and various PSI phenomena and the ability to communicate 'mind' to 'mind' commonly referred to as telepathy.

If you are acting from the intellectual level, you are probably displaying much ego and are much concerned about loss and gain, better and worse, my dog's bigger than your dog, etc. From the being level you are more likely to being fundamentally caring about the needs of others as opposed to defending an ego position. You are much less likely to 'eat the paste', 'fight over the crayons' and 'run with scissors' as has been used as a characterization of this as a kindergarten level Virtual Reality, all of which would be part of the intellectual level, but at a beginning or 'kindergarten' level.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:46 pm 

Ted I really appreciate this explanation. I have finally gotten MBT onto my Kindle. But as you might well be aware I spend some time looking up acronyms. Thanks again!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here is a post with the acronyms:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4134

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi JFerric,

I share with you some interest over this matter, which I would define as understanding Jung from the MBT point of view. I am a Brazilian psychiatrist, but unfortunately I have only a little knowledge of Jung´s work, so I don´t know if I can be of much help to you.

As far as I know, generally speaking, Jung could see a bigger picture of reality than Freud could, even though Freud´s work is also of great importance, at least to my own personal understanding of the human being.

You probably know the term "synchronicity" which was coined by Jung (see his book, Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle). Only very open-minded people could perceive and think seriously about such things at that time. From what I know Jung was beginning to understand more broadly our reality, but at the same time there was still an important amount of beliefs in his way, so his understanding was still confusing about some things.

I wish I was able to explain to you more about how correct it is to say that "the collective unconscious is the LCS", but I think I am kind of in the same boat as you on that matter. I would take a guess, however, and say that archetypes actually refer to specific data shared by different IUOCs, that can be also found as data somewhere else on the LCS, perhaps on the Past Databases.

Lastly, I´ll add that I don´t find what I read on wikipedia to be accurate at all, some times. Some of Freud´s ideas for example.

Please share what you are in the future capable of understanding about this matter.

Best wishes,

Bruno