Return Home
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not ask questions about the model of Reality here. Only discuss principles and practical applications.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 am 
Curator
Curator

I believe that you would find that the information that you speculate about does not exist. What the LCS is concerned about is the reduction of the entropy and improvement of the QOC of individual IUOCs which shows up so slowly, over an IUOCs multiple incarnations, that it takes longer than a given charity might even exist. Some metric based on a particular charity would be far and away from these qualities of individual IUOCs. Nor are these metrics for IUOCs actually even available for IUOCs. You cannot even get them for yourselves (as your own IUOC) to my understanding within PMR.

So how you would get the LCS to generate something that would require a comparison of say QOC improvement of all IUOCs whose avatars in PMR were helped by a given charity, which is entirely a PMR based function, is highly improbable. And how the improvement produced by this charity would be separated from the effect generated by the IUOC in its avatars by its own actions and interactions during its incarnations, the purpose of the metric of QOC to begin with, would become an impossible analysis for the LCS to make. Not because it could not do so but that it would not be useful to the LCS and its own purposes which would make the required effort a waste of time. The efficiency of a PMR charity is not of concern for the LCS. When you consider what the LCS does to produce the PMR VR with a minimal calculation requirement, why would it undertake this effort you speculate about for the benefit and satisfaction of an avatar who just tends to over thinking.

I suggest that you stick with the very simple process of interact and pay attention to the feedback which requires no intellectualization and can even be successfully performed by those who are incapable of intellectual analysis but can still do this simple procedure.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:22 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
You might find it useful to look into the personality types. I suspect that you are likely a Rational type, of the 4 major types, and very possibly an INTJ Mastermind sub type. This is not just a 'thing' of mine but rather that Tom Campbell introduced this to the board
Back in 1998 (which looks like about the time the PDF book referenced in this thread was originally published), I was working for a software development company. I attended a "soft skills" class with about 25 others. I don't recall the reason we were given a personality test, but I do recall I tested as an ISTJ - as did over 2/3 of us in the room. I remember the instructor saying it was common for software developers to be ISTJ.

I took the test now from the PDF book in the links. I tied for ISTJ (Inspector) and INTJ (Mastermind). Reading the descriptions, I think INTJ fits me better than ISTJ. As described for ISTJ, I do like to work "behind the scenes". I've never aspired to be a manager as many in my position do, always preferring to stay involved with the technical side of things. Utility of a product is far more important to me than appearance. Where I differ greatly from ISTJ though (and fit better with INTJ) is in the "transmission of traditional values". Tradition does not play a big role in my thoughts. If my analysis shows that the "traditional" way of doing things is likely to be the best, I am content to go with that way. But all things being equal, I far prefer to find a new and better way of doing things if one exists.

FunIUOC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:03 pm 
Curator
Curator

So, my guess was right. ISTJs are more Guardians of the way to properly code than INTJs who are more Masterminds intent on taking programming farther than the traditional way. You are also trying to take things farther with MBT than you have the understanding to do at present. Do you find yourself using iNtuition in your work which amounts to having access to the results of your IUOC to analyze more data than you can as your PMR avatar and you get passed the results, but not all the details of how they were arrived at? You may have to fill in all the blanks to complete the code concept but you get the guiding direction from iNtuition.

I could very definitely use you to work on some of the projects I am working on to expand the MBT model. I also can function as an INTJ but it is not my primary type which is INFJ. Any interest?

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

Last edited by BlankMind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

FunIUOC

My friend, how are you pal?
I read over your posts, specifically about "optimizing." Now maybe you want to think about this "optimizing" a little more...

So let's talk about the example you gave a little bit. You wanted to help others, a fantastic intention, and thought that you might help by giving some money to the victims in Houston. Now you spent some time researching different organizations and came to a specific conclusion that this would be the best place to help and through that work you spent researching you think that you may have improved the overall gain of the money spent by like 30%. Roughly this is what you are saying. Now you spent a bit of time on the percentage gain of the money you spent, but what if you made a different choice . What if you chose to spend the time researching on researching how to make a larger income with your current skills or skills you might be able to develop. What if you spent that time earning more money, vastly more money, say by starting a profitable business (legal, ethical, moral). Because of this effort you put in, the next time you were able to donate to charity to help people it was 10000% of the amount that you donated now. Now this is just a funny exercise in decision space but you may get what I'm trying to rely. Was that really the most optimizing way to have spent your time? Who knows? The old saying goes is we are only aware of maybe 10% of our available decisions, and that is like our operable decision space. It's safe to say, there are MANY decisions that you are not even aware that you have.

So to reiterate my last point. To optimize system entropy reduction, (which should be your goal, not because it makes your life better but because that's your sole focused goal without wanting anything in return and you are just being that way because it's clearly and obviously the most profitable way of being for the entire system) , then you merely have to optimize Self Entropy reduction. Your presence and being alone, once you are of sufficient low entropy is enough to cause this optimization effect that you are seeking. Find the fears and ego and rip them out one by one. Focus solely on how to make THAT process optimized

Because you are an intellectual, an engineer. Just wrap your logic around the 3 main paradigm shifts. The first one, This is a virtual reality as shown by the QM experiments. Wrap your intellect around that one. What the logic of that means, truly means, what that means about what you are. Many of your questions will become crystal clear with just this one fundamental understanding and a keen intellect like you have. Now the trouble will be turning it off when you begin experiencing NPMR.

Keep at it pal, you're doing great, nice questions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:26 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
You are also trying to take things farther with MBT than you have the understanding to do at present.
LOL! Yeah that's what I always do. Let's say I'm trying to learn a new micro-controller. Perhaps the normal way to progress is to study the specs and get a good knowledge base, then start building things and writing code. Beginning with simple "hello world" projects, and then gradually doing more complex things as understanding improves. But I get too bored doing it that way. I guess I'm ADHD as an adult, although I've never officially been diagnosed as that. After reading through most of the specs quickly (say a few hours), I start a fairly complex project. I learn as I go along. After I have it working, I go back and start over, this time knowing enough to do it "right". I think I learn the quickest that way. At least, it holds my attention long enough to learn. But it's always somewhat of a balancing act. I can get frustrated because, when things don't work as expected, I don't have the skills to track down the problem. So I spend a lot of time trying to track down problems that I might have been able to see the answer to right away if I had learned the basics first. But if I try to it the methodical way, I quickly find it to be drudgery. If it is something I am doing as a hobby project I lose interest. For a work project, I do plod through it, but that is only because I have to since its my job.

I did actually read through all three books in the MBT trilogy. I got bored at times, but realized I would not be able to understand the concepts if I didn't take them sequentially. I still have plenty of questions about MBT. I bet they are all answered somewhere in the hundreds of hours of available videos. But, like learning a new micro-controller or programming language methodically, if I were to say "I will watch an hour of video from Tom every night for the next 6 months", I would find it becoming a chore after a few nights. It would be no "fun" for FunIUOC. I realize the pourpose of being in PMR is not "to have fun", at least not as the primary goal. But I learn a lot better and am much more likely to stick to it when I'm having fun. I did find a topic list for the MBT chats. I marked questions I was particularly interested in, and listened to say 10 hours or so of audio where I selected the time these questions were answered from the files.
Quote:
Do you find yourself using iNtuition in your work which amounts to having access to the results of your IUOC to analyze more data than you can as your PMR avatar and you get passed the results, but not all the details of how they were arrived at? You may have to fill in all the blanks to complete the code concept but you get the guiding direction from iNtuition.
If I'm honest about it, I would have to say I still tend to solve most things intellectually. Likewise, when I'm making decisions in my life, I tend to begin with my intellect. I research to find out likely outcomes of my decisions (based, for example, on others who have been in the same situation and chose one way or another). Then I weigh the pros and cons and make a decision. However, at that point, I do trust my intuition. If the decision "feels" wrong, even though the data supports it, I then return to gathering data to see if there was something I missed. Usually I do find something I overlooked. But if I don't, I'm still inclined to trust my intuition (even when contrary to objective evaluation).

I use almost entirely my intuition in deciding what things are important to me. I then use my intellect for two purposes. First, to figure out how to achieve them. Second, to come up with socially acceptable reasons for my interests when they would be considered to be "geeky" or "weird" by others. It saves a lot of energy that would otherwise have to be used to explain to friends and relatives why I am spending time on things that might seem "geeky" or "weird".
Quote:
I could very definitely use you to work on some of the projects I am working on to expand the MBT model. I also can function as an INTJ but it is not my primary type which is INFJ. Any interest?
Thanks Ted. I very much appreciate consideration for projects like this. It sounds like exactly the type of thing I want to do to keep myself useful once I retire. But for now, I have enough on my plate between my job and volunteer work and hobbies.

FunIUOC