Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:44 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not ask questions about the model of Reality here. Only discuss principles and practical applications.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The LCS (Larger Consciousness System) is a digital, evolving system where the Probable Future Database may predict the most probable future, but the future can be affected by free will or some unexpected circumstance.

Nothing is "known" or "allowed" and there is no "he." It is a system and there is no old man with a long white beard at the helm (Tom included.) Participating entities have free will and there are incarnations with varying decision spaces. The system evolves because individuals evolve through making a choice, getting feedback, and eventually making better choices. There is a lot of randomness in the system due to the ruleset and freewill. That means that good things happen and bad things happen. And good choices are made and bad choices are made.

Rather than cause and effect, there is a decision space and the free will to make decisions. There is feedback from those decisions. They system will nudge you toward evolution. Every circumstance no matter how good or how horrible is an opportunity for the evolution of consciousness.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The theory looks nice, but my experience disagrees with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:33 am 
Curator
Curator

Dinah,

Linda was of necessity painting with a broad brush at that level of abstraction in a short paragraph in her post just above. You say this statement does not fit with your experience. In what way specifically? Within the statement which you disagreed with there is so much territory covered and in such a way that it is very difficult to experience the things that were stated so as to isolate and find a contradiction with any one aspect within your personal experience.

So please be more specific in your statement. Is it a disagreement with the digital nature of reality, the role of probability in the creation of VRs, the existence of free will, the possibility of changing the predicted future under the right circumstances or just what? As presently made, your reply to Linda is meaningless in terms of conveying any real information as meaning. I suspect that it is linked to your, and your husband's, experiences of precognition of experiences that you have mentioned. These are however not exclusive to you two but are known and published records are available. From the published records that I have read, I find nothing in Linda's broadly painted picture that contradicts what was reported in terms of saying that one or the other account was incorrect as contradictory of each other but rather that what Linda describes, as an overview of Tom Campbell's model of reality, rather explains how such 'preliving' of sequences from your life are possible.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dinah,
Sympathize with what your family has gone through.. that intense era presented raw the QOC of humanity in aggregate the destructive potential of egoic selfishness
but at the same time also displayed much heart-touching selfless sacrifices by individuals aiding others in getting through often at the cost of their lives.
In this PMR there are also high-probability convergences at many levels .. whether you call them "by-chance" or "predetermined" is up to you.
Also curious as to what experiences you had which disagrees..

Sainbury,
Agree mostly with what you said..
In this PMR there is "cause and effect" and it is part of the "VR engine & ruleset".
the word "allowed" mentioned in context in posts likely meaning the VR scenarios run without "higher" intervention..
The only guys I know with white beards are Tom and Santa Clause.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted , thanks for your comments. In this moment I would not discuss any further and I will remain very open minded for new research and experience.

Insane, thank you very much for your observations.
We still have to find a balance between Newtonian cause and effect determinism and quantum indeterminism.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Talking about free will, you might find this interesting:

http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/ ... y-w17-2014

FREE WILL AND PARANORMAL BELIEFS

By Ken Mogi*
Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan

Free will is one of the fundamental aspects of human cognition. In the context of cognitive neuroscience, various experiments on time perception, sensorimotor coordination, and agency suggest the possibility that it is a robust illusion (a feeling independent of actual causal relationship with actions) constructed by neural mechanisms. Humans are known to suffer from various cognitive biases and failures, and the sense of free will might be one of them. Here I report a positive correlation between the belief in free will and paranormal beliefs (UFO, reincarnation, astrology, and psi). Web questionnaires involving 2076 subjects (978 males, 1087 females, and 11 other genders) were conducted, which revealed significant positive correlations between belief in free will (theory and practice) and paranormal beliefs. There was no significant correlation between belief in free will and knowledge in paranormal phenomena. Paranormal belief scores for females were significantly higher than those for males, with corresponding significant (albeit weaker) difference in belief in free will. These results are consistent with the view that free will is an illusion which shares common cognitive elements with paranormal beliefs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Insan ecoder > obviously you just judged, the guy's motive, for taking "mental/emotional advantage", you said is does not seem "positive". What is the right thing to do, or not do- you call this "judging" from belief systems. I do not need any belief system to see when some is being violated, harmed or anything against their free will. When you see some one being takin advantage of, mistreated, harmed, do you first have to check with yourself, to make sure you won't be guilty of judging the person's intent, or the act. Dinah-Obviously, the LCS, or power higher than us IUOC's, allows atrocities of all kinds to occur, or else they would not have happened. I am sure, in the big picture of things it works out, but you if you could have no compassion for anyone going thru something like Hitler's terror reign, and take the 'sterile" mode or "dogmatic" mode, or scienintific mode, than you are no more than a machine. You, me, Dinah, and every other human on this planet, are here to be human, as a means to experience, not just "form", but the "feeling"/emotions of our " form"- mind, body, emotions & intellect, = human indentity.

Most of you people on this forum, are probably very nice people, but there is too much dogmatism of the Tom's model of reality, and that is not what Tom, is trying to get across. His MBT is a guide line , pointer, to reality, but we have to experience it & feel it. Most of the dialogue on this forum, sounds like you have an MBT belief system, with not many people actually "experiencing" the larger reality, { NPMR} & different realms of reality, you are taking Tom's word for it, but not very many of you really "know" it. Know - or knowing means - you have first hand experience & interaction with a thing. Most of you on this forum, talk like with the authority that Tom has experiencially/knowing, the rest of you are just "believing" what Tom says to be true. No different than people who sit in church, synagogue , mosque, or what ever religious, scientific , spiritual belief you have, - you have no knowing, only a belief of what the books say. Now I believe Tom's model is true, but there are diversitities of experience, and personal perception, coming from our PMR minds & personalitites, that reflect how we perceive anything. Tom is a physics' /science man, so he has done very well using our modern tech to describe reality, thru his lens , and I am sure - in our time, he has described it quite well.

But you don't have talk like robots, or techies, with such dogmatism of MBT. If you use his model, but stay open, to perception, and don't use the MBT model down to every jot & tittle, such as a "belief" system , does, you will see Tom's TOE, clearer. I have been around people, who have been "journeying inward", beyond this surface vr simulation, and our shadowed minds, > the language & descriptions, are not exactly the same in a text sense, but at the heart or intent of the information, it is pretty much the same.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is not a general information metaphysical forum. It is a forum specifically to discuss and understand the theory presented in My Big TOE.

Tom:
The purpose of the MBT forum is to give people a chance to discuss the ideas presented in MBT. Also to let them ask questions and share experiences that are related to the material in MBT. Thus the MBT forum creates a community that is focused on learning and sharing, growing and becoming, a place where one can find the information, discussion, encouragement, support, and resources to develop a bigger picture in support of raising one’s quality of consciousness. Its goal is to become a useful catalyst to its member’s personal growth (and a much larger number of future members).

My vision: Over many years, the collected content of the MBT forum should become a valuable resource for truth seekers like no other on the web or in print, or anywhere else. We do not want to hide its golden nuggets of valuable information under piles of useless dross (chit chat that will never be important to anyone’s search for personal truth.) Most of us will do without or look elsewhere if we have to wade through mounds of chaff to find a kernel of wheat.

In a perfect world, a post should be thought of more as a valuable publication of pertinent knowledge and experience, a polite, and thoughtful discussion among equals instead of an informal, casual, personal conversation or chat -- even if that chat is more or less on subject. Each poster should imagine that he or she has a unique opportunity to make a written contribution to a very important manuscript that will be passed down through the ages as one of the most important and useful sources of knowledge and understanding about the nature of reality and one’s place in it. There are literally hundreds and hundreds, perhaps thousands of golden nuggets buried in our forum. These nuggets represent Information at a very specific individual level that is available nowhere else. One should approach this opportunity with humility, and with a sense of responsibility to post only what is going to be a valuable addition to this important collective manuscript.
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=8415

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:19 am 
Curator
Curator

Besides this being Tom Campbell's bulletin board, set up originally and financed by him for the purposes stated, there are the aspects of 'correctness' of Tom's map and model of reality which, so far, only I have confirmed by personally experiencing and relating Tom's results, his detailed model, to ancient metaphysics: Indra's Net (IUOCs on the RWW) and relating the Buddha's and others concept of this, our lives, being Illusion which I translate to Virtual Reality. I'm surprised that no one else has come forward and said that they also have experienced Indra's Net, but so far not. It is an experience that goes back too far into recorded history (ancient India) and is clearly too available within mysticism to not be available to others and is too perfect a match to not be obvious if experienced and if you understand Tom's model. Here is a link to this information in a post on the board: viewtopic.php?f=220&t=7777

Toms map and model of reality goes beyond these ancient metaphors by making use of the metaphors of modern science and technology. Remember that any word or concept is actually a metaphor only, a symbol for what actually exists, whatever that might be in fact. The metaphors of science and technology developed in the intervening centuries over the millennia since Indra's Net was first described and the Buddha walked the earth can take an understanding of just how things work, Tom's model, very far into further and deeper understanding of reality than a reference to jewels of consciousness reflecting each other in their infinite facets. Instead we have digital minds passing messages over the universal digital communication buss of the RWW, thanks to Tom. This metaphor can further be extended as Tom does to those IUOCs serving as digital computers sending messages around to form the 'mother of all cloud computing systems' as The Big Computer where this Virtual Reality Illusion is created, calculated in detail and then passed out to the same IUOCs that created it as their own conscious experience within the PMR VR.

No one else has come up with a model of this capability in explaining things in any way approaching the scope and capability of Tom's model to do so. This is the standard of comparison. Call it dogma and belief if you will, but I at least and for one know that it is much more than any belief or dogma. No, it does not provide every 'equation' of PMR science discovered in the past or to be discovered in the future nor was it intended to. But it does explain where and how, in general, Consciousness developed and how we individually come to have our own little simulation of consciousness. This is the really big question that science has shown no sign of answering. It also shows that this model of Reality points to and explains some of the most far reaching results of modern science as Special Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Others appear to have the assignment of bridging the VR nature of our personal experience to just how the PMR VR can be calculated in more detail. If you look with discernment at what is happening within modern science world wide, you see that things, understandings, gradually are approaching a match to Tom's model that you are calling dogma and belief.

So don't expect to be allowed to wander off into other ideas here until they can be shown to be a superior model, exceeding our standard for comparison. And is it dogma when even I have extended it in some ways which Tom has acknowledged and embraced. A curious kind of dogma if it is susceptible to expansion and modification simply by presenting a better, larger, view which can be shown to explain still more of our VR experience. Dogma by definition is something immutable other than as changed by decree of some authority. Show us the 'better mousetrap' and we will gladly add it to what you denigrate as dogma as all improvements are welcome.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH MIKE

I love Tom Campbell, and see his theory as one of the most open minded up to date. But Tom insists once and again not to learn his theory as a closed finished theory.

He insists that you be open minded and dedicate to have your own experiences to evaluate reality from your own point of view. Besides, Tom says that his theory is not a "finished theory" it is a theory evolving in time and many things can change.

If you just study his theory and his experiences as though "it would be it" then you are stagnated. And Tom says stagnation never remains static, but leads to involution or what he calls "high enthropy" .

Nothing in life remains static. If you don´t move forward, you move backwards.

I agree with Mike that you stick too much to each of Tom´s words and that is not what he wants.

He wants us to be better people, to have better understanding. to feel free and what I consider the most important
of what he says, to be lead by love, to become love, instead of being driven by fear and act out of fear.

Obviously this is a site created by Tom and administered by Ted. I respect that and I am deeply thankful.
But as Tom says, we have to have our own experiences, and talk about our experiences, and learn Tom´s concepts
which took him so many years to develop, thankfully based on his deep knowledge of physics and the broad range of his own experiences.

To only talk with Tom´s words becomes a belief system, a new Bible, That is not what he wants. He wants us to be open minded and skeptical, he has repeated that a thousand times, and dosn´t get tired of repeating it.

I personally have accepted many of his concepts because my experience of them has been the same. In the cases in which my experience is different, there is no reason why I should accept concepts that don´t agree with it.

With Tom I have also learned scientific explanations that are formidable and completely new for me.

Finally, Tom is enchanting as a person, and his theory very interesting. Most scientists who create theories will get altered if you don´t swallow their concepts. They are arrogant and full of ego. Tom is different. He is more humble and doesn´t want us to swallow his theory. He wants us to digest it, to arrive to our own conclusions, to be skeptical and open minded.
That is wisdom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Mike P
I trying was making a point about intent.. if you need to bring in judgement then I defer all of this to the golden rule.
Would you like to be "taken advantage of" mentally/emotionally by another?

Of course its about empathy, compassion, and love.. its a stretch to judge no compassion from anyone here for victims of Hitler's policies or of any other events transpired in PMR history.

You make some good points otherwise in your criticisms .. yes there is some regurgitation and some cling to MBT because for those who have not directly experienced, it may be a candle in the darkness.. and for those who have experienced even alittle, it is a good set of metaphors for more efficient communication. Ted and others seems harsh at times but I can understand their intent in maintaining focus and coherence to communication about MBT and in MBT terms. I myself may have been abit wayward in communication here and there using metaphors from all over.
Well now that you seem to understand, and with that perhaps MBT is a good (very good) basis and revealing starting point.. now you need to find out and "know" for yourself rather than worry about whether others "know" or not.. start with the man in the mirror and "know" for yourself

Peace

Indra's net vision like most communications conveyed from NPMR wax poetic using the individual's PMR experience data as paint and has multifaceted meanings (no pun intended) and is a great metaphor age old but is not the only metaphor the LCS uses to convey certain facets of the nature of things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:52 am 
Curator
Curator

Dinah,

If this is all you can get out of what has been posted above, then I suggest that you read it again more carefully. What is being described in those posts is the opposite of what you are saying here. Yes, figure things out for yourself. No, don't believe what Tom says as a belief. No, this is not dogma, but it is what Tom says which is not to be distorted into something else just because of someone's failure to understand and unwillingness to listen to correction and their personal agenda. Yes, it is open to and welcoming to anyone who can expand the picture and improve Tom's model.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We often quote Tom because almost no one says it as well as he does. Really no one understands the theory as well as Tom. Ted has come a long way in projecting certain aspects of the theory on out to new descriptions that are accurate within the concept of MBT. Others who try to do the same, but who do not understand the nuts and bolts of the theory, are not so successful.

It is the job of the moderators to keep the discussions on track. You are welcome to have your own theory. But to expound about it on this website takes the threads off track of their intended purpose. If you find a theory that works better for you to evolve your QoC, then you should definitely follow it. The MBT theory does not work as intended if bastardized and not truly understood.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Am I sensing some kind of fanaticism and aggression in the answers?

I think I wrote a clear, kind , loving answer.

I don´t have any theory, I have my experiences and a wish to be myself at the same time that I want to learn about other people.

Regarding the word that Julia uses "bastardize", I looked it up in the dictionary since English is not my native language
and I found these meanings:

illegitimate
counterfeit
fakes
imperfect
inferior
irregular
mongrel
phony
sham
adulter
baseborn
false
impure
misbegotten
misborn
mixed
spurious
suppositious
ungenuin

I am doing this?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My name isn't Julia and I never mentioned your name in my post.

Anyone can use MBT in anyway that helps them evolve their QoC. But the theory has to stay as true to its meaning as possible on the forum. That is why deviations from the theory are corrected.There is no other way to really learn what the complete theory is and how all its parts work together to make one workable model of a digital evolving system. One of the major functions of the forum is as a repository for future generations.

If your experiences do not fit in with the MBT model then it isn't your truth. Another model may work better for you. That is why I posted what I did when you started talking as though there is an entity out there that allows bad things to happen. That is contrary to the MBT theory.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next