Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:12 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not ask questions about the model of Reality here. Only discuss principles and practical applications.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted, I am not making any statements to anyone else's take on reality. You are not open enough to see past the letter. " The letter kills, but the spirit/consciousness, gives life"-[ NT] I am not down talking Tom or his TOE, at all. I am merely, saying what Tom says in some of his videos " if you want the latest, watch my videos". The book is not the totality of TOE, per Tom. After all evolution, is what this is all about.

Since, my getting into Tom & MBT, my whole perception of reality has changed. I see this vr, and the constructs within it, much differently than previous to Tom.
Tom has talked about interfaces, to connect to the NPMR & the LCS , and other highly evolved entities, for help & guidance. There are many forms and types of these interfaces or links, if you will, that I have not seen mentioned here on the forum, but I have heard Tom, mention a few. The LCS, knows how to get thru to you, if you are aware enough to sense it. It took me a good while, to experience some of the alternative "interfaces"/links to consciousness, beyond this VR PMR, and my encoded human personality.

When this happens, you begin to see a clearer view, into reality, and the V constructs, of this VR PMR, and your perception, changes. Even a slight change, is a major good happening, but it give you more to deal with, because you now , have some "knowing", and you can't go back to the usual, or you can, if you don't want to accept the challenge at this time, because it takes effort, to walk the path in this V PMR, with having " been up hither". This to me is the greatest challenge. - Following your inner consciousness, and being true [ to yourself], and not taking the ego easy road, just to get by for now. Peace everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:29 am 
Curator
Curator

Dinah and Mike,

Consider these reactions of yours above in terms of a phrase I read so long ago I don't remember the full context. "I merely hold out a garment for examination and you claim that it was cut to your measure." I think that it was the punch line of some kind of a joke, but a joke with a meaning.

You have both made comments that are related to the purpose of this board and its policies and how it is being managed. There is a forum at the top of the index page where these policies and purposes are explained in reasonable depth, but it seems to not be well understood, if read. Linda and I are simply explaining that policy and we are in fact pointing out where your posts are not in line with that purpose but 'the garment is not cut to your measure' but rather represents a restatement of that policy and purpose.

There is a repeated occurrence on the board of someone wishing to use this board to advertise for or otherwise advance their own personal agenda. For parallel concepts and aligned purposes, that is satisfactory to a point. That point is somewhat flexible and judgmental. As one of the moderators and the board administrator, it is our job to maintain those policies and make an interpretation as to whether and how to apply those policies as a matter of judgement.

This board has a relatively main and primary purpose of providing explanations of what Tom Campbell teaches if asked or if it is clear that there is a misunderstanding and misstatement being made. If we let this pass, then to some degree, what Tom has presented is distorted and diluted in meaning. Furthermore, in this process, there have been extensions and expansions both here and in Tom's videos. Where Tom might choose to make such an expansion is a matter of his choice. If I make some kind of extension of any substance, I do so after discussing it with Tom and getting and incorporating his input and insights. I am in fact working on something in this line now.

If you feel that you have some experience that seriously conflicts with what Tom describes as the nature of Reality, then I suggest that you discuss it with Tom and I am sure that he can and will either explain the situation to your satisfaction or is prepared to expand the boundaries and details of his model. His model of Reality is a relatively high level and top down model, presuming that you know that concept of scientific modeling, so it does not contain everything. It was not created to explain every detail which PMR science attempts to discover. It does provide a useful context for understanding things which science cannot at present explain such as the nature and origin of Consciousness and how Virtual Realities 'work'.

Two things are however primary impediments to how this communication process is intended to work here on the board. First, your disagreement must be based upon an actual understanding of Tom's model and what he teaches and not on a misunderstanding. Based upon failure to understand what Tom actually has to say amounts to erecting a 'straw man' to demolish with arguments based upon that failure to understand and thus produces no useful result. Second, saying I disagree, based upon my personal experience, but I will not discuss this, produces no useful result. If it amounts to confidential or personal information, then discuss it with Tom directly and not on this public forum and I am sure that if a need for an expansion of his model is demonstrated, that expansion will be gladly made. But don't maintain it at the level of the 5 year old telling his/her 3 year old sibling, 'I know something you don't know and I'm not gonna tell you cause it's my secret!' This is done by the 5 year old to tease the sibling and create a reaction, not to enhance communication.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted, I appreciate, what you just stated, and I understand the nature of this forum. Communication, and the exchanging of data/information, can very easily become distorted, and misunderstood & misperceived, as we all are aware of this. In sincerity, " I am not seeing or stating anything, outside the model of MBT, but my communication appears to have been such, but my intent is not to add anything to Tom's model. But rather within the model, diversities of interaction at levels within the various phases and issues of our awareness in this PMR, as IUOC's, of which we have chosen to be in this dimension of reality, for our growth/evolving, spiritually/consciousness wise.

Like , I have stated previously, I am not new - to having an awareness, thru and by the my core being, there is more to reality, than this simulated PMR. I have had this in my human identity mind, for as far back as I can remember. But because the this PMR mind set of the general population, family, friends, all people, have told us, influenced us, to think of reality the status quo way, as it was passed down to them, from generation to generation, and so on, > I had to deal with this inner feeling of some how knowing their was more, but had no resources - only those of the data from my environment, so Christianity, being the main stream USA religion, > that was my spiritual anchor off & on since I was a kid, up to about 3 yrs ago.

But, I still looked outside that box/belief system, at other spiritual venues & paths & writings & teachings. But the still remained skeptical, because the Christian belief system was strongly instilled in my human identity, and my ego/fear, bound me, to not fully break away from Christianity , but none the less, is still invested time & research into many other spiritual or different takes on reality, other than orthodox Christianity.

When I found Tom, by way of Bob Monroe & the TMI, [ saw him lecturing there on utube] that was a catalyst, that I needed to finally break away from the orthodox version of Christianity. I had already left the orthodox system of Christianity, and was exploring the deeper- non literal aspects of the bible, and did an intensive study on the old & new testaments, and the original languages, and no longer attended any churches, and I was studying Christian mystics of new & old, but yet I was still at the core into an : anthropology type of God belief, at my core, even tho I knew that orthodoxy was way out of the ball park spiritually, because they believe in the "letter"- the literalism of the bible, they could not see the allegoric & metaphoric deepeness in the original texts, [ not the scriptures that Rome allowed in the cannon- the bibles you now have since 300 ad.]

So, finding and listening to Tom, and then reading the trilogy , {for the second time}, has revolutionized my thinking, and has been the energy to assist me in stepping outside my old paridigms. Saying that, I love Tom, I feel like I really know him, and I would in know way, try to trample, or override his writings, or compare my self to him. I am seeing what I see as a result of Tom, of him being a way show-er, and the nudge I needed to move out and on into real reality. Tom is a professional physicists, I was a deeper truth Christian, -meaning we both saw those fields of our endeavor beyond the surface level/dimension.

I will, from this point, on, if I post anything, to take care in fullness, to stay within the text of MBT. I admire and have great compassion towards, Tom, and in no way or form do I want or intend to discredit or trample on anything he has said or written. I "feel" Tom, beyond the technical aspects of his forms of media, written data or otherwise. So, my apologies, to anyone and all whom, my text did not manifest , reflect my respect of the guidelines of this forum. Peace, & joy to all. mike p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This thread certainly did get sidetracked a bit.
I think MBT is a good model.
I also happen to like several other models as well.
IMO, each has its strengths etc
The original progenitors of those metaphors are no longer around and can't clarify where needed.
I don't find the other metaphors a problem once you know how each translates to the terminology of the other..
In the end, these are all just vehicles..
dont let the vehicle be your end goal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I also do not see anything wrong with challenges and debates as long as it does not degenerate into personal spats.
Debating various aspects or views of MBT and challenging them only serves to improve your understanding and force MBT to clarify where perhaps some clarification is needed to improve overall understanding for all parties.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Insanecore:
Couldn´t be said more clearly, see my comments:

This thread certainly did get sidetracked a bit.
SOMETIMES IT DOES

I think MBT is a good model.
IT IS AN EXCELLENT MODEL

I also happen to like several other models as well.
i ALSO KNOW OTHER MODELS AND THEY ARE VERY GOOD ALSO

IMO, each has its strengths etc
YES

The original progenitors of those metaphors are no longer around and can't clarify where needed.
BUT THEIR METAPHORS ARE STILL GOOD

I don't find the other metaphors a problem once you know how each translates to the terminology of the other..
THE METAPHORS ALL CAN COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER, NOT NECESSARILY CONFLICT

In the end, these are all just vehicles..
dont let the vehicle be your end goal
THE EXPLANATION OF THE MECHANISM SHOULDN´T CONVERT YOU INTO A MECHANISM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I also do not see anything wrong with challenges and debates as long as it does not degenerate into personal spats.
Debating various aspects or views of MBT and challenging them only serves to improve your understanding and force MBT to clarify where perhaps some clarification is needed to improve overall understanding for all parties.

I will quote Ted on this one:
This board has a relatively main and primary purpose of providing explanations of what Tom Campbell teaches if asked or if it is clear that there is a misunderstanding and misstatement being made. If we let this pass, then to some degree, what Tom has presented is distorted and diluted in meaning.

Two things are however primary impediments to how this communication process is intended to work here on the board. First, your disagreement must be based upon an actual understanding of Tom's model and what he teaches and not on a misunderstanding. Based upon failure to understand what Tom actually has to say amounts to erecting a 'straw man' to demolish with arguments based upon that failure to understand and thus produces no useful result. Second, saying I disagree, based upon my personal experience, but I will not discuss this, produces no useful result.
viewtopic.php?f=246&t=8294&p=78345#p78345

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree there may be much frivolous unsubstantiated quibble (as with any internet board) but to quash an environment which may progress the baseline understanding would be imo a shame.
To endure it would be a good exercise in "living with uncertainty" and dealing with disagreements
..if only to allow some nuggets to be mined from the discussions.
You never know what you may learn from a discussion with someone.. about the topic ..or about yourself and how you handled it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted, you have mentioned Julia a few times. Is she your wife?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:22 pm 
Curator
Curator

I am not aware of mentioning Julia, unless responding to someone and using their name. I personally (directly) know no one named Julia.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I agree there may be much frivolous unsubstantiated quibble (as with any internet board) but to quash an environment which may progress the baseline understanding would be imo a shame.
To endure it would be a good exercise in "living with uncertainty" and dealing with disagreements
..if only to allow some nuggets to be mined from the discussions.
You never know what you may learn from a discussion with someone.. about the topic ..or about yourself and how you handled it.
Tom: My vision: Over many years, the collected content of the MBT forum should become a valuable resource for truth seekers like no other on the web or in print, or anywhere else. We do not want to hide its golden nuggets of valuable information under piles of useless dross (chit chat that will never be important to anyone’s search for personal truth.) Most of us will do without or look elsewhere if we have to wade through mounds of chaff to find a kernel of wheat.In a perfect world, a post should be thought of more as a valuable publication of pertinent knowledge and experience, a polite, and thoughtful discussion among equals instead of an informal, casual, personal conversation or chat -- even if that chat is more or less on subject.
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=8415

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Maybe it is another name, but don´t worry, it is not important at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First the harvest
then the wheat is separated from the chaff
then the wheat is stored in the grainery.

Allow the free flow expression of data
separate the useful information from the datapool
store that useful information for easy access (Wiki)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

insanecoder, that's very well put. Great insight.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next