Return Home
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:25 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In general terms I like to think of money as a “ tool” that is used as a symbol for the exchange of value.

Money is also often referred to as currency which relates to energy which relates to work.

While it might not directly represent the economics 101 classes taught in most schools, I don’t think it’s incorrect to correlate money with work from a metaphysical perspective, although to do so might limit what I intend as my definition of “value”, which is entirely subjective and based on individual preference as to what you consider to be valuable, and the contex in which you consider it so.

Wealth is an entirely different issue. Much more spiritually based as I see it. It is possible to be quite economically poor but very wealthy depending on your definitions regarding how you perceive yourself relative to what you perceive as others and your environment. The reverse is equally true, many(not all) of the “richest” among us are full of self hatred, loathing and fear. Those poor guys can’t even truly enjoy all that wonderful money they have.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Understanding where money comes from is key
to being liberated from the self sabotage of envy."~Kroeran

The topic is, the negative high entropy emotion called envy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Envy

"Understanding where money comes from is key", for some among us, "to being liberated from the self sabotage of envy". In order to lower our entropy and improve the quality of consciousness, we must understand SELF and in doing so, rid ourselves of said negative emotion.

Kum sum ni da.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Aaah yes, envy is harmful. Funny movie though. :D