Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:08 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Looks like our simulation might end soon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCoGlEANQU

The Doomsday argument by Alexey Turchin
http://immortality-roadmap.com/DAmap.pdf
"
Doomsday simulation
argument
If both DA and SA are true then
we live in a simulation and it will be
switched off or have existential
catastrophe soon.
If we are in a simulation, we don’t know
when it began. It could have been as late
as e.g., the year 2000. If the total simulation is short, and we assume that we
are roughly in the middle of it, it could
end very soon.
2) Aranyosi: DA and SA cancel each
other out (it may be it a result from his
assumptions)

Simulation argument
for all possible civilizations

1) ALL possible civilizations are very
likely to go extinct before reaching a
“posthuman” stage (which is unlikely).
2) WE are almost certainly living in a
computer simulation.
-------
• A lot of the simulations will presumably be created for the purpose of estimating the probability of existential
risks (in order to solve Fermi paradox and probability of meeting other AI in
space), and may be dominating class of the simulations.
• If so we are likely to find ourselves near x-risk events and in position to
influence them (true).
• If I prove that I am in a simulation it could be switched off.
• Or we go extinct in the simulation or it will be switched off after we escape risks.
"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Indeed a small part of my attention occasionally
wonders if the simulation might be ruined
by unlimited life extension or something else.

However, if that is the case, our IUOCs would
simply move on to other PMRs under Toms model

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This PMR is a consciousness reality trainer that has been running a very long time. So why would the LCS just switch it off? If things got too dire the PMR could be reset to an earlier time and history would take another turn from what we know now.

But all you listed just comes from fear.

Tom talks about this in this video:

Tom Campbell: Earth Changes; The Altered States of America?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v1kU43LcxI

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:00 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for the link. No, this is not really a fear, but a concern for the future of humanity. I have always been interested in futurology.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Looking at the future of humanity in a negative way is a product of fear. Looking at problems, and solutions to those problems, is different.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:40 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Many, including russian scientists, offer solutions to the climate problem. The transition to green technologies is going very slow, due to the fact that people do not realize the reality of the disaster
If you mean personal growth as a solution, then I’m not sure that we live in a training simulation, and not just in a ancestor simulation.
the purpose of which is the simulation of history and its possible negative consequences. Look at Putin or Trump are they behave like a low entropy persons? :) In terms of ego, belif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Look at Putin or Trump are they behave like a low entropy persons? :) In terms of ego, belif
Indeed, and look at the behavior of those who oppose them as well, low entropy? Where? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The TV program 60 Minutes did a segment on what Russians thought about climate change. They love it because it is making their weather so much warmer. I have not heard of any Russian scientific efforts on climate change. Most of the rest of the world is alarmed about climate change, and is coming up with alternative energy sources.

Depending upon the Intent of the marcher, peaceful marches against Trump could be low entropy. It depends on how and why you are standing up to something that is negatively impacting our country, and our world. Breaking windows and looting is definitely high entropy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Right on Linda! I think the trick is to protest in love of everything and in fear of nothing. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:38 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
The TV program 60 Minutes did a segment on what Russians thought about climate change. They love it because it is making their weather so much warmer. I have not heard of any Russian scientific efforts on climate change.
There are adequate people, who understand the problem and offer solutions. I do not watch the propaganda from the TV. I watch the Russian segment of YouTube. We living in the world of fakes. Who knows what russians really think about climate change? It depends on education and access to the reliable sources of information. By the way, we in St. Petersburg now have pretty cold weather for July.
Quote:
Depending upon the Intent of the marcher, peaceful marches against Trump could be low entropy.
In Russia, for a peaceful poster can easily put in jail.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Climate change is about climate extremes. So weather that is unusually hot or cold is what climate change is all about. In FL we are running 10 degrees hot many times.

What is Russia doing about climate change? You have a lot of oil.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:24 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

You left the answer to the question about the training simulator. Why do people with a high-entropic consciousness still get pretty good in life? At the same time, there are many talented and even brilliant people living in poverty. Does this mean that the training simulator is not working properly or not at all?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is an evolving, probabilistic, consciousness, training reality full of entities with free will. So, largely life is full of uncertainties. You get what you get, and do the best with what you get. It is hard to determine what someone achieves in their life. A person who has an easy life with little stress may have not increased or decreased their entropy. In the big picture that is a wasted life. Your goal is to lower your entropy each life. And reversely, a person with a very difficult life may have lowered their entropy by dealing with adversity with love and not ego.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:15 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
This is an evolving, probabilistic, consciousness, training reality full of entities with free will
Evolution is a good word :) Tom and many other scientists have different opinions on evolution. Biological evolution is a part of PMR as i understand.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, but the PMR evolves also through the free will of the participants and the random draw.