Return Home
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:34 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 pm 

What do you think about using binaural beats to reach Point Consciousness?

I have Tom's beats from 2017. I'm thinking of just turning them on and then just trying to clear my head of any thoughts. What do you think of that strategy?

Also, those files are 70+ minutes long. Would it make more sense to set an alarm at ~20min?

What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Using binaural beats to reach the point consciousness state (or other altered states of consciousness) is one of the main uses of binaural beats.

Go ahead and try it out, they can be an excellent help to get to the point consciousness state.

I would personally not set an alarm, to not get disturbed from a potential good meditation state. I guess you can make an alarm that just gently touches your awareness, and stops without your input, so you can decide at the 20 min mark whether to end the meditation or ignore the alarm and continue the meditation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i have only experienced point consciousness while sleeping throughout my life long before i found MBT. i think it was just a reminder who i am. it is definitely a profound experience "seeing" all around darkness saying to yourself "i am here" .."i exist".. "this is who i am"

listening to beats was the first time i astral projected laying in my bed with eyes closed. my intent was to achieve point consciousness but i ended getting thrown into a simulation fully aware.

i would definitely use it.

i work security night shift sometimes and meditate alot at work sitting up so i wont fall asleep. sleep deprivation will definitely help along with food deprivation. but make sure to set an alarm or something in case you fall asleep.

if you get thrown into a simulation remembers toms advice. it is interactive. interact with whatever, even if it seems scary or something. do not try to constantly get away or fly away.

good luck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

boblippold,

Use them, they are decent and will change your state of mind, I used to use them several years back daily, I had the Monroe gateway cds that I would listen to every day - most of the day and for a few years, even driving to and from work, instead of listening to the radio/music I would be listening to the binaural beats and doing parallel processing work, going to bed I would listen to them until I fell asleep and I would play them first thing in the morning when I woke. It wasn't 20 min it was more like 15 hours a day I would be listening to them. One of my problems was I thought they would get me to where I wanted to be, they did not. I had to drop them and start meditating on my own power before I had any type of experience but Tom also played a big part in the start of my experiences so I dont really know if I would of ever had an experience without finding and talking with Tom about my issues.

Have a good one,

-Toby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My experience bb would help me reach pc but not while actively listening, usually that night or if I took off the head phones and took a nap.

For me, interrupting my sleep, would automatically induce an experience when I went back to bed. For a while I would set a delayed track would ramp down but not hit 4 hz until I was in pc from the interrupted sleep. I would be in the void and the 4 hz would lock me into the experience. And make it stable so I could hold it easily until the track ran out. I wanted to experiment and increase the time on the track and see how long I could hold it but. But I ran out of room on my iPod.