Return Home
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:49 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Post subject: Unconsciousness
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:08 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Does anyone know of where TC may address what is going on during periods of unconsciousness such as coma, medically induced or otherwise, surgery and so forth. What is going on with the IUOC while the avatar is down for the count? I have been under general anesthesia for as long as 3 - 4 hours. It seemed like seconds from the time I went out until I woke up in recovery, with absolutely no recall of anything during that time. My brother and a woman who is a close friend were comatose one for almost a month, and one for about 2 weeks. They describe their experience the same way.....thought seconds had passed rather than many days. What is going on here?

Post subject: Re: Unconsciousness
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

YOUTH FIRESIDE CHAT - December 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j-QeAIWSko
1:18:00 What happens to consciousness when someone is in a coma?

FIRESIDE CHAT - May 2018
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... v_-4Y67SOw
08:35 What happens when we're under anesthetic and in a coma?]

FIRESIDE CHAT - October 2018
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBzOoTczAU
06:55 Difference of our experience between general anesthesia and being dead
11:00 Experiencing 2 PMRs at the same time - What happens if one avatar gets put under general anesthesia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:19 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Sainbury

You are a storehouse of where to finds. Kind of like an MBT Google. Thanx. What is a Sainbury anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a name I use for my email.

Last edited by Sainbury on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i am unaware of all the topics of all the videos and it is obviously helpful to just send the link when questions come on the forum, and tom has addresses many questions a number of times.

is there any list of all the videos with their date, url and the topics covered?

i have thought about going through from the beginning again and watching all of them making notes of all the topics covered and compiling a detailed list of videos with topics covered.

i wish i did this when i watched all of them the first time. i am not sure how many hours there are but it would obviously take a long time.

does any one know where this information is ? how many sources, the best list if any?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
i am unaware of all the topics of all the videos and it is obviously helpful to just send the link when questions come on the forum, and tom has addresses many questions a number of times.

is there any list of all the videos with their date, url and the topics covered?

i have thought about going through from the beginning again and watching all of them making notes of all the topics covered and compiling a detailed list of videos with topics covered.

i wish i did this when i watched all of them the first time. i am not sure how many hours there are but it would obviously take a long time.

does any one know where this information is ? how many sources, the best list if any?

Hey, there is a nifty tool that searches all of Tom's videos by keywords and provides the URL, timestamp, and transcript: https://elastic.mbt-database.com/index.php

It has a full database of the videos on his channel, as far as I know.

You can also find it again in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=238&p=110118#p110118

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm 

Quote:
Hey, there is a nifty tool that searches all of Tom's videos by keywords and provides the URL, timestamp, and transcript: https://elastic.mbt-database.com/index.php
That is freakin awesome!!!

Ok, be warned, I'm going to geek out on you now.

I was trying to figure out how to get a list of Tom's videos to archive them in an immutable DB like IPFS (InterPlanetary FileSystem for all you non-geek types).

I have already created a script in the python language that takes one or more lists of URLs, can be single video or a playlist and adds them to IPFS. As it does so it adds a reference to the video (IPFS hash link) as well as the metadata for each. That SQLite DB has over 60 columns of data that can be used to qualify searches to find videos.

I've not used elastic search, but have been involved with projects that do. It's usually used when there are large volumes of data, or when detailed analysis & visualization of a dataset from many angles is required using "kibana"

I will study this more.

Elasticsearch is already distributed, so adding Tom's videos to IPFS may be redundant. Don't know yet. In the projects I'm familiar with that used ES, all were centralized on a single server with tons disk space and memory, so that doesn't provide immutability like the distributed nature of blockchains, the architecture IPFS was modeled after.