Return Home
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:55 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Post subject: Burial
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am 

In Tom’s model, does what happens to the body after death matter at all? Each religion had different ideas about burial, cremation, customs, etc. The Orthodox Christian faith is against cremation because they think that something remains in the body for an amount of time and burning the body isn’t right to do. I was wondering if he has mentioned anything about this at all.

Post subject: Re: Burial
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't ever remember Tom mentioning this and I can't find any references where he does.

Your body is irrelevant after you die. Your consciousness disconnects from the PMR and you can no longer play that avatar. It may help relatives grieve to have a service depending upon their beliefs.

Post subject: Re: Burial
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i do not recall it being spoken about at all. but it matters for yourself what your final wishes are and that you communicate that clearly to those who will carry them out.

it matters in terms of your own personal evolution. once you understand the huge costs involved, etc, it might be the better solution to not spend any money. paying for a perpetuity to cut the grass over your grave stone indefinitely seems like a big waste of money and there are much better causes you can leave in your final wishes.

but then there is also the matter of the healing of those close to you and what might help them.

it matters that you choose the low entropy solution given all the facts you know, and in this case, that might not be so apparent.

maybe you making your intent clear that your organs be donated or your body being donated to medical research matters for your own personal evolution and might save someone's life.

i would definitely say it matters what your wishes are for you and what you communicate to those who will carry it out, not what actually happens in terms of what will happen to you.

likely donating organs, body to science and cremation of what is left is the low entropy solution. save any remain money to be given to to those who are deserving in your life and good causes and not wasted on expensive coffins etc.

it matters for you once you are aware that it matters.