Binural beats

Forum rules
Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.
turbo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Binural beats

Post by turbo »

Hi, I've managed to reach point consciousness in the past, and recently I've been trying again.

I downloaded a binural beat app to my phone which I attach my headphones to. I've been off work a couple of weeks over christmas so I have had quite a bit of time to try it out. I set it on 100 htz with a difference of 4 in the other ear which created the bump bump bump bump bump etc sound. I lay and relax and kinda drift in darkness, I dont think I sleep but time seems to fly by and I cant remember whats happened, yesterday I had them on listening it was 5pm ( I dont think I fell asleep ) next thing I knew it was 7pm, and can slightly remember odd bits..... like snippets of different things and not like an ongoing dream like I have during sleep..
The only reason I stopped at 7pm and looked at my clock was i heard a really loud sound like a Didgerrydo ( dunno if i spelt it right i mean the Aborigony blowy musical thing lol ) this sound actually kinda brought me back to this reallity.

I dunno if Im just sleeping or entering NPMR either way I cant remember, has anyone else experienced this not remembering, I know something is going on as I know Im doing something/talking to someone even but when I try focus on it to get it clear as it would be in this realty it goes away ?? I know this probably does not make sence but its hard to explain.... its as if im doing things then when my intellect realises im doing something or talking my intellect focuses in to make sense of whats happening and everything goes away.

has anyone else ever experienced this ?

John
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Binural beats

Post by Sainbury »

It is very common. At The Monroe Institute it is called "clicking out." Tom says that you just aren't ready to process the information yet. You can program some beeps or noise every 20 minutes or so to bring you back into awareness. Just keep going.
Juan
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Juan »

Yes, I have had the very same experience. Appreciate you posting the question.
Thanks for clarifying, Sainbury.
turbo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by turbo »

Thanks for replying, I have tried again a few times same result ( clicking out ) .

So I tried without binural beats and found I could reach the void quite easy a lot easier than I could before I started persisting with the binural beats, and I could hold it too... I dunno if the binural beats I have been trying recently have somehow conditioned me to be able to reach the void easier or what, but it seems to have done something.

John
m3rlinambrosious
Normal User
Normal User

Post by m3rlinambrosious »

Could you expand on what changed for you that allowed you to go further without clicking out? I think I have a lot of deep fears that are holding me back, the number one being letting go of this reality and all that will go with it. Can any one speak to this from personal experience? Thanks.
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

Fear is a great disadvantage and will stop you from exploring. Set a pre-meditation Intent that you just want to stick your toe in the water. And then try and reach point consciousness. Float in the blackness for awhile in peace and contentment. Practice that until you can do it easily. From that state you can explore, meet other entities, ask questions, heal, etc. Don't use your intellect during this process. Just experience and interact. Think about what happened after it is over.

When you get to the point of exploring you have to be fearless and bold. You will probably get some fear tests. Nothing can really hurt you while exploring NPMR. But if you are a scardey-cat it can be very unpleasant. The idea is if you have a lot of fear you don't belong exploring NPMR.

As for clicking out - try not using binaural beats and see if that helps. The only way I could stop clicking out when I first started meditating was to make my own meditation tracks. And I would insert beeps every so often which would bring me back into a lighter level of consciousness.

Return to “Wud I Say? Beginners only.”