Return Home
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:14 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been trying to lucid dream for a while now without much success.

But last night I think I half had one. I was in a dream, and for some reason I was a woman ( which is a first ).
The dream started and I was with some other people, we were looking for aliens in some kind of lair underground system thing.

But during the dream to save time walking miles I had a tv remote and I could forward fast. When I pressed forward fast the images just looked like what you see when forwarded on an old vhs video. I could pause, forward and resume play at will.

Might have just been a " normal " dream. I didn't know I was dreaming when I was in the dream.
But its strange how I controlled the dream... also very odd I was a woman ?

John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:26 am 

John!

I think I've had a similar experience. It's almost like you're able to control what's happening but not necessarily aware of the fact that you're dreaming. They're really cool nonetheless!

I've also had a couple actual lucid dreams, and I think there is an "aha!" moment in the actual dream-state when that happens. Unfortunately, they have only been brief for me. I fly around for a bit or go through walls and then it stops. I'm having trouble extending these journeys, but I'm working hard on trying to improve. I hope trying hard is not counterproductive though, I haven't been having much success lately. I'm also curious as to if recreational drugs like nicotine, caffeine, or marijuana have a major impact on these abilities.

What do you think? Were you consciously putting effort into having lucid dreams?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not really putting a lot of effort. More just the intent before I go to sleep, I've had numerous opportunitys to lucid dream, where I should of realised im dreaming but haven't. Upon waking I think to myself how did I not realise I was dreaming lol.

Couple of months back I used to go to sleep with the intent to have contact with a guide, which after a while I honestly belive happend, I was shown something from the probable future data base, quite random but specific and two weeks later it happened. So im using the same intent to try lucid dreaming.

I don't know about caffeine, nicotine etc. But I know Tom says sugar is a no no. He says it affects your ability to focus your intent. I've been off sugar now for about 2 months, sounds weird but I've become much better at online gaming ( xbox one ) I play a game called call of duty advanced warfare ( that's when my kids aint on it ) its basically one team verses another in a shoot em up. I've played for years on various call of duty games and always come near the bottom of the rankings at the end of a game. But since I've been of sugar more often than not I can come top, its as if my ability to react, stay relaxed, focus etc has got much better. So I hope also helps in my attempts at exploring NPMR and my focus of intent.

Sorry to go off track and go on about online gaming, I was just trying to get the point of how I think sugar has effected me or should I say lack of it.

John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There are several long threads on diet and sugar. Tom doesn't eat foods with chemicals, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol.

TOM:
How dramatic? Dramatic as the difference between looking through a window that is filthy or one that is clean.

All those substances I suggested you avoid are psychotropic -- i.e., they affect the central nervous system by altering (clouding) the perceptions of consciousness. They produce an effect in consciousness that is analogous to looking through a dirty window with lots of bubbles (distortions) in the glass. Another problem: You don't recognize the glass is dirty because you have never looked through a clean one — dirty is accepted as the “normal“ condition.

All these substances can reduce a clear awareness of the state of one's consciousness to muddled mush — an affect much like in the old days when one would take too many antihistamines and mentally feel like a zombie. All are a problem but sugar is the worst because of its ubiquity and because (like caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine) it is addictive. Any form of sugar, including honey, fructose, molasses, etc is a problem. “Fruit juice sweetened“ is mostly unacceptable, though natural fruit juice is generally OK if in limited amounts and if it is not concentrated through evaporation. The only reliable exception I have found is barley malt in reasonably small quantities. The problem is how fast the glucose enters the blood — the system balance is upset and goes through wild swings. Glucose is a critical part of your physical and mental system — unstable glucose creates an unstable system. Evidently barley malt is slow to digest.
How much sugar is OK? None. Zero. A micro pinch is too much. I generally loose significant clarity of consciousness just walking through a bakery and breathing the air. Now, you can eat whole fruit, even sweet ones like raisin, apple, pineapple, and banana in reasonable (small) quantities because whole fruit is slower to digest and thus doesn't ring your system. It will take you 3 to 6 months to get over your sugar addiction if you are careful to READ EVERY ingredient before ingestion and make no assumptions or excuses. Sugar substitutes and things sweetened some other way (other than just adding WHOLE fruit) are also generally unacceptable.

Over the last thirty five years I have become somewhat more tolerant of (resistant to) some of these substances (mainly, I get over some of their effects more quickly now), but nothing has changed in my diet — I avoid all these substances scrupulously because I value and depend on the clarity of my mind/consciousness. The impact they have on that clarity is as obvious as being slapped in the face. Sugar, particularly in sugar laden Western cultures, probably does more to inhibit and disrupt good meditation states and the ability to function and operate in the larger consciousness system than any other single thing besides large amounts of fear/ego. However, because addictions are difficult to beat within a culture that is saturated with the addiction, that fact is generally hardly worth mentioning more that once.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2694&p=3301&hilit=diet+sugar#p3301

And try this thread too:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4913&p=21173&hilit= ... gar#p21173

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I've been trying to lucid dream for a while now without much success.

But last night I think I half had one. I was in a dream, and for some reason I was a woman ( which is a first ).
The dream started and I was with some other people, we were looking for aliens in some kind of lair underground system thing.

But during the dream to save time walking miles I had a tv remote and I could forward fast. When I pressed forward fast the images just looked like what you see when forwarded on an old vhs video. I could pause, forward and resume play at will.

Might have just been a " normal " dream. I didn't know I was dreaming when I was in the dream.
But its strange how I controlled the dream... also very odd I was a woman ?

John
John, if you have a lucid dream... you know it. You wake up inside the dream and you know that you're dreaming. A strange dream isn't an LD.