Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:09 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:37 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Re:
Quote:
Just to answer your question my mind came up with Fred Alan Wolf. You can check him out on http://www.fredalanwolf.com/.
Thanks, Ingerul9, I will take a look at this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Oversoul 7" was my intro to Seth and Jane Robert who was my intro to Ruth Montgomery who I got a lot out of.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:59 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
From ingerul9: Just to answer your question my mind came up with Fred Alan Wolf. You can check him out on http://www.fredalanwolf.com/
Ingerul9, I did email Fred Alan Wolf to ask if he was influenced by Jane Roberts and he actually emailed me back - promptly!

He said that he did read her work in the 80s, that he felt that it was interesting and genuine, but that he wasn't sure how to answer the question of whether it influenced him because the material wasn't specific as far as physics are concerned.

So in his case, the answer to my question is, maybe. He certainly was aware of her work.

So, that was a wonderful tip and I'm glad to know of him! I'd heard of the movie What the Bleep Do We Know in which he is featured, but hadn't pursued seeing it. He seems like a fascinating person.

Thanks again for your input!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Funny! But what if the man isn't actually pointing at a shooting star but claims that he is? Then looking up is a waste of time. And if he lies about shooting stars while trying to divert your attention from the fact that he's dropping his pants, run - or you may get screwed! As quite a few people who got close to him were.
My take on this is that NPMR is so right hemi wacky, and PMR is so left hemi uptight, AUM has had to rely on flakes with little impulse control to communicate with the planet.

This new thing which integrates the two...Monroe, military remote viewing, Campbell, is very very strange.

Looking up is the only thing that is not a waste of time!

And when nothing is there, that's one more thing that you know doesnt work - Thomas Edison

Maybe this is too early in our relationship to be pushing your buttons, but we all have guru baggage and need to quickly move on and focus on study of MBTOE, meditation and forming better intent.

Time is kibble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
kroeran
Quote:
My take on this is that NPMR is so right hemi wacky, and PMR is so left hemi uptight, AUM has had to rely on flakes with little impulse control to communicate with the planet.

This new thing which integrates the two...Monroe, military remote viewing, Campbell, is very very strange.
Do you mean the mind, by the "new thing"? And thankfully Monroe and Campbell and Fred Wolf are not "flakes with little impulse control" in their own approach to studying the different properties of and interactions between physical and non-physical realities!

Yes, let's do move on, by all means. Now I'm interested in the specific results of Tom and Robert and Dennis' research using the Seth material as a guideline. "The road goes ever on and on..."

And thank you for your humor!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:27 am 
Curator
Curator

Interested,

You are aware of the old material, video recordings of Robert Monroe's presentations and sound recordings of some of the original results, on the TMI web site? That is where you need to look around to find "the specific results of Tom and Robert and Dennis' research using the Seth material as a guideline". I was going to give you a link and here is the TMI site: http://www.monroeinstitute.org/ However the site seems to have been radically changed and I can't find that in the time I have spent. I can't imagine it being removed so look around there.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Ted Vollers
Quote:
You are aware of the old material, video recordings of Robert Monroe's presentations and sound recordings of some of the original results, on the TMI web site? That is where you need to look around to find "the specific results of Tom and Robert and Dennis' research using the Seth material as a guideline". I was going to give you a link and here is the TMI site: http://www.monroeinstitute.org/ However the site seems to have been radically changed and I can't find that in the time I have spent. I can't imagine it being removed so look around there.
Thanks, Ted. I have found that website to be difficult to find things on, however I will look again. Thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am 
Curator
Curator

I remembered that someone had posted links to those tapes and searched out that post. Here is the link to TMI's archives. http://www.monroeinstitute.org/download ... er-series/ Thank AeroLynda123 for the post.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
"Oversoul 7" was my intro to Seth and Jane Robert who was my intro to Ruth Montgomery who I got a lot out of.
Love
Bette
I loved those Oversoul 7 books too. But now that I've read MBT they aren't a very accurate portrayal of what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Love
Bette
I loved those Oversoul 7 books too. But now that I've read MBT they aren't a very accurate portrayal of what happens.
Yeah, I'm glad I read what I read when I read it because MBT does tend to take the excitement perhaps out of reading books like that because I can see a simpler explanation and a more useful way of understanding things. I think they were required. I had MBT in my hands for years but was halfway through my MS degree before I read it as I think I needed that grounding too and all the book and information about physics I learned during those years as well.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
I remembered that someone had posted links to those tapes and searched out that post. Here is the link to TMI's archives. http://www.monroeinstitute.org/download ... er-series/ Thank AeroLynda123 for the post.

Ted
Thanks again - I will check it. And I'll thank AreoLynda123 too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think John Beahrs is more or less influenced. He refers to Jane Roberts many places in his book "Unity and Multiplicity: Multilevel consciousness of self in hypnosis, psychiatric disorder and mental health".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:00 am 
Curator
Curator

John O. Beahrs is a psychiatrist, not a physicist.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Ted
Ted,
I think "or any kind of doctor" had been added that loosened that parameter. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
k0liver
Post subject: Re: Are there other physicists influenced by Jane Roberts woPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 am

I think John Beahrs is more or less influenced. He refers to Jane Roberts many places in his book "Unity and Multiplicity: Multilevel consciousness of self in hypnosis, psychiatric disorder and mental health".

Ted Vollers
Post subject: Re: Are there other physicists influenced by Jane Roberts woPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:00 am

Ted
Thanks to both of you for your comments and the referral to John Beahrs. I'll check him out!