Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:22 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Post subject: Change ahead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:33 pm 

Hello everybody,

somehow I feel the need to get out of the dark and step into the light by finally participating in this forum.
A former colleague introduced me to Tom's work and the trilogy in particular in 2010, just at a time when I was more open minded again.
MBT was immediately very special for me, since it has been derived with scientific methods and is actually able to derive science from only two principles. Groundbreaking and groundshaking indeed. Different to anything I've read before on the path to a deeper understanding of reality, like the books of Carlos Castaneda.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell if it is also my truth, since I was not taking the time to actually practice what my mind agreed upon on theoretic level. This is partly due to the fact that my life has been "good enough" and being busy with satisfying the needs of companies, self-exploitation in the name of self-realization, family, ...
Another more serious reason (at least for me personally) is my fears and panic attacks which are accompanying/striking me throughout the past 15 years. It feels like I'm always at the edge and can't get into more solid ground to start at least with some buffer for exploration. However, today it looks like I'm getting forced to face my fears to the utmost extend, since my health conditions seem to get worse every day.

I want to sincerely thank Tom for his work and willingness to share it with us!

Love will find a way.

Werner

Post subject: Re: Change ahead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm 
Curator
Curator

Werner,

Perhaps try meditation with no purpose or expectations, not even calling it meditation. Just let your thoughts go free without following up any of them. If they do entrap you, just let them go when you notice. This might leave you without thoughts, eventually, which is what meditation aims for and this might place you in the grounded place for which you are looking. Once you find that place, see what is still there.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi and welcome to the forum Werner. As you might expect Tom talks quite a bit about fear. You might want to read a transcript just posted where Tom discusses how to get over fear by diving in, or incrementally.

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=9826&p=89727#p89727

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:26 am 

Thanks Linda and Ted, I will improve.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Recognizing that you have fear is the first step. You'd be surprised at how many people claim they have no fear.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:19 am 

Practicing daily now on the meditation part, still a lot of thoughts entrap me and I get hooked-up easily.
How do I realize point consciousness? What does it feel like?

BTW, Linda: the link you have posted is not working for me, do you have other resources which deal more with the fear part from Tom?

Werner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:40 am 
Curator
Curator

Werner,

Yes, the thoughts entrap you. That's why I mentioned it because I knew that they would. When they do, you are allowed one 'oh damn, again!' and then you start over. Try however to avoid exasperation. Persistence does work and patience is after all, a virtue. You are training your mind and it takes however much repetition of the cycle as it takes to make the training stick.

There are also gimmicks you can use such as mantras, something to think about specific to block the transient thoughts. If you think that this might fit your mindset better, consider a mantra. Tom gives one in his books. It is just a resonant short phrase such as Om Mani Padme hum as variously transliterated from various parent languages. Pick it for the sound and not necessarily the meaning. Personally I prefer just letting the thoughts drift away trying to not follow them without gimmicks. Persistence will lead eventually to stopping.

I checked the link and I see no problem with it but will check it again. Linda has posted it perfectly as an URL. If it does not work for you, try copying the text and insert it into your browser's link 'box' and go there that way. The link is fully correct so the problem must be in getting it properly into your browser.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Hi and welcome to the forum Werner. As you might expect Tom talks quite a bit about fear. You might want to read a transcript just posted where Tom discusses how to get over fear by diving in, or incrementally.

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=9826&p=89727#p89727
This is the return I just got from accessing that link two ways >
Quote:
You are not authorised to read this forum.
1. Clicking on the link directly.
2. Copy the URL, pasting it into the browser address bar with a 'Paste and Go' command execution.

I recall seeing this error message before and it was corrected eventually, by admin intervention.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Point consciousness is where you are able to shut of the PMR data stream. You just sort of float, or exist in a sea of blackness without any sensory input from your body. From there you can heal, access other data streams, meet other entities, etc. You have to be able to shut off your internal dialog for quite awhile to get to the "point consciousness" stage. And you may experience it a bit differently than I describe as each experience is subjective.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:22 am 
Curator
Curator

I can't see anything wrong with that link. The only limitation I can imagine is to be logged in and I don't even think that is a limit on that forum. I have looked up both of your groups and permissions and all is normal. Next I will try using your permissions directly which is an administration function.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I can't see anything wrong with that link. The only limitation I can imagine is to be logged in and I don't even think that is a limit on that forum. I have looked up both of your groups and permissions and all is normal. Next I will try using your permissions directly which is an administration function.

Ted
Good Luck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:19 am 

FWIW, I get the same error message trying to access Linda's link. Both logged in and not logged in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:15 pm 
Curator
Curator

I found the permissions miss set. Please try it now.

No one had mentioned this before, somehow.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I found the permissions miss set. Please try it now.

No one had mentioned this before, somehow.

Ted
I cleared browser cache and memory cache( just a formality) and retried in FF to get same error.

Then I used IE(never use IE with MBTf) and also got error.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:29 pm 

After logging out and back in, get the same error message.