Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:24 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not ask questions about the model of Reality here. Only discuss principles and practical applications.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:10 am 
Curator
Curator

Principle 11: Pay attention consciously to the feedback from interaction.

Paying attention consciously to the feedback from interaction is the effective way to benefit optimally. This as opposed to living an ‘unexamined life’. But by the design of PMR type VRs, either way works.

Origin:

This is not a derived principle but rather an observation by Tom, extending Principle 5: Intensity of interactions and prompt feedback as to the quality of our choices are necessary to optimize the probability of entropy reduction as it occurs within your IUOC as being your basic digital code of your digital mind. The basic reason that PMRs were invented and what we come here to experience.

b]Initial Application:[/b]

Feedback can occur which we are not directly conscious of as such but take it as unrelated or see it as unclear in the relationship so we get mixed messaging. Feedback can occur and be paid full attention to with insight, and including positive feedback, so that we get both the carrot and the stick. The concept here in this principle is that being conscious and with insight results in an increase of effectiveness in this process, this feedback loop. Acting, based upon a clear understanding of what you need to and intend to do, is more effective than blind action with an unclear purpose. This should really be perfectly clear to us as obvious.

This is a very basic thing which Tom in MBT is pointing out and explaining to you. There is not the same basis of understanding there as provided by Tom as to the actual nature of Reality, but this concept goes all the way back to Socrates who is widely credited as providing the foundation for Western philosophy. He is credited with stating: “The unexamined life is not worth living for a human being.” Need more be said?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:05 am 
Normal User
Normal User

It seems to me that our feedback varies from person to person.

Some are much more empathetic and feel things more deeply, are more sensitive to emotion.

How does this play into the idea of using feedback for growth. Why would some have greater capacity than others. This could be viewed as beneficial as it forces learning but at the extreme becomes destructive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everyone gets feedback. It just depends upon how tuned in you are to it. Some people can get the idea from a butterfly, and others need a two-by-four right between the eyes. The sooner you get it, generally the lighter the nudge.

On the other hand, because of the nature of this reality - probabilistic and a lot of people with free will - many things happen that aren't feedback but just a random occurrence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

This doesn't really answer the question I intended.

I am wondering why we would have been built with different sensitivities. How is it beneficial to the machine to give people different capacities to feel and and therefore act on those feelings.

It is not a case of peopel ignoring and then gaining increasing intense feedback but simply some people are built with more capacity than others by default.

For example it is well documented that a high proportion of the population are psychopathic i.e. unable to empathise or feel. This would be highly detrimental to their ability to gain higher quality consciousness. So why programme people that way and make it harder?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This reality is not programmed. Reality is probabilistic. It evolves at it evolves. Reality is rendered by the random draw and by free will. What probabilities are possible in the random draw are based upon what has gone before, and what is possible within the ruleset.

Someone may choose certain characteristics, before they incarnate, because they have been successful to their consciousness evolution before.

Psychopaths still have free will. And they only make up 1% of the population.

Here is an interesting article:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 180947814/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This doesn't really answer the question I intended.

I am wondering why we would have been built with different sensitivities. How is it beneficial to the machine to give people different capacities to feel and and therefore act on those feelings.
This is a very good question. First of all, there is no machine giving people capacities. We are not built with different sensitivities. There are essentially two paths in evolution. One path is the evolution of the VR PMR such as DNA, culture, language, beliefs, etc. all part of the fluidity of the rule set. The other is the evolution of consciousness, our purpose. We (IUOC) create our sensitivities, our reality a lifetime at a time, with a plan to optimize the profitability of the experience.
Quote:
It is not a case of peopel ignoring and then gaining increasing intense feedback but simply some people are built with more capacity than others by default.
Yes, some people are born with more capacity than others. This is evolution.
Quote:
For example it is well documented that a high proportion of the population are psychopathic i.e. unable to empathise or feel. This would be highly detrimental to their ability to gain higher quality consciousness. So why programme people that way and make it harder?
Emotional intelligence is learned through experience. We are here to learn. We are not programmed. We create. We make choices based on our capacity.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:08 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks jdjr for you insights.
Quote:
Emotional intelligence is learned through experience. We are here to learn. We are not programmed. We create. We make choices based on our capacity.
My view is that emotional intelligence is different from sensitivities to emotion or empathy. Too much sensitivity can inhibit the capacity of a person to operate or so overwhelming as to prevent thought or action. Can this be viewed as positive evolution?
Quote:
We (IUOC) create our sensitivities, our reality a lifetime at a time, with a plan to optimize the profitability of the experience.
Creating this would not seem to me to optimise. To recognise would. But the extreme capacity for any emotion is sub-optimal as it prevents us from digesting al this information and therefore being able to use or act on it i.er. to make choices. And one central idea of MBT is for us to make choices.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

My view is that emotional intelligence is different from sensitivities to emotion or empathy. Too much sensitivity can inhibit the capacity of a person to operate or so overwhelming as to prevent thought or action. Can this be viewed as positive evolution?
Yes, I agree. But, too much sensitivity is likely fear based. Why don't you cite an example.
Quote:
Creating this would not seem to me to optimise. To recognise would. But the extreme capacity for any emotion is sub-optimal as it prevents us from digesting al this information and therefore being able to use or act on it i.er. to make choices. And one central idea of MBT is for us to make choices.
I think you make a good argument. But, the subject avatar may have been a part of the plan. Perhaps the IUOC wanted to experience extreme sensitivities. After the transition of the subject avatar, the acquired experience packet could then influence the IUOC's next incarnation. Remember, theoretically it is the non-human IUOC (with exceptions) that is evolving not the avatar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What do you mean by sensitivity. Is it the same as compassion? If so this post from Tom might be of use.

Compassion is a good thing -- a very good thing -- an essential part of our connectedness to others as we outgrow ego. Compassion and balance are both attributes of a caring love.

However, one must accept this PMR VIRTUAL reality, this experience packet and opportunity generator we call home, AS IT HAS EVOLVED -- because it reflects us. Very accurately reflects us. Accept it and let it go to be what it is -- the sadness of love is a direct result of caring and compassion. Raging at depravity, misery and especially innocent pain, or constantly wringing one's hands in exasperation or weeping over it, is not productive and is itself a form of attachment. PMR is as it is, because we are as we are -- one must go on with one’s learning and personal growth within this virtual reality experience and avoid getting lost in an attachment to the sadness, the suffering of others -- however difficult that is to do (especially for a sensitive caring person). Balance is equally as important as compassion.

Participants in this virtual reality are all volunteers. Most choose experience packets from which they can learn what they need most to learn. There are many forms of virtual experience each having its own set of opportunities and challenges. These opportunities may not always be clear to us from the perspective of PMR. In the big picture each type of PMR virtual experience has some learning advantages or no one would willingly accept such a role. All roles are accepted willing.

Being comfortable and happy in PMR is not the main game, personal entropy reduction is the main game -- PMR is just a tool, a virtual tool used by every entity here, to achieve needed growth from direct experience.

The pain in your heart due to other’s suffering is real, treasure it, accept it, and go on, with what you are here to do. Great compassion and sadness welling up from the heart, is a very valuable attribute of one who truly cares, — nevertheless, it can also become an expression of need, desire, guilt, pity, fear -- i.e., an attachment, a trap. Balance is also an attribute of love — don't misinterpret balance as a lack of compassion.

Suffering -- one with the world -- is a hard path to walk because it spreads you so thin that balance and growth become exceptionally challenging. Your personal balance point is yours alone. Find it, wherever it lies, and make your peace with existence."

Compassion and caring are very good attributes, i.e., necessary attributes to encourage and grow. As long as your compassion and caring is about them (the object of your compassion) and not about you (the needs of the giver) there is no problem. When compassion and caring is also about you as well as them, when it is fulfilling your (ego) needs as well as their physical and spiritual needs, it can become a trap. The difference is in the intent. Intent expresses who you are within the context of others -- your goal is to grow through interaction. If ego is involved, intent tends to expresses who you think you should be in terms of action. Right action is seen as the generator of consciousness quality. In fact, the opposite is true -- Personal growth (consciousness quality) is the generator of right action. Your actions express and thus follow your growth. Action does not often lead and thus generate growth -- to think that it does, creates the trap.

Tending to physical needs of others and the ego needs of self, while neglecting spiritual needs of both others and self, is generally not the most optimal growth path for anyone involved. These are the points I am making here. Compassion and caring are what love is all about. Becoming love is your mission.
"
http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... e+it#p2936

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
It seems to me that our feedback varies from person to person.

Some are much more empathetic and feel things more deeply, are more sensitive to emotion.

How does this play into the idea of using feedback for growth. Why would some have greater capacity than others. This could be viewed as beneficial as it forces learning but at the extreme becomes destructive.
You will know it when you need to know it. When you have been destroyed in the most horrific manner you can imagine, over and over again, then you will know. It will no longer be a question you will need to ask.