Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:25 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Remember that this forum is transient in nature. Do not post here what you wish to remain available and is justified under the Board purpose. Remember that board rules on civility of interaction are still enforced.

Post subject: A Succesful Rescue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

103 year old Winnie believed she was trapped in a dungeon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07gds63

Post subject: Re: A Succesful Rescue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That’s awesome! Winnie is so cool! Much love love in that clip! Beautiful! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lovely, but makes me sad that we do not offer that kind of care in the US. That lady would have been transported to the hospital because no doctor would have made a house call. She probably just needed some antibiotics for a bladder infection. Did you notice she had her nails done? What a pistol!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Lovely, but makes me sad that we do not offer that kind of care in the US. That lady would have been transported to the hospital because no doctor would have made a house call. She probably just needed some antibiotics for a bladder infection. Did you notice she had her nails done? What a pistol!
Support the hospice care system! I have personal experience with it. It is amazing!

She is a real character. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

But this woman wasn't dying. She appeared to just have a bladder infection. I also have experience with Hospice - not as amazing as yours.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
But this woman wasn't dying. She appeared to just have a bladder infection. I also have experience with Hospice - not as amazing as yours.
I’m sorry your experience with hospice hasn’t been as good as mine. Whether or not Winnie was dying is beside the point. The doctor agreed, she shouldn’t be in the hospital. Medications can be prescribed and delivered without a doctor present. You don’t need to be in a hospital, you don’t need to be in a hospice facility to be in hospice.

P.S. If Winnie was undergoing the death process there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I have seen it enough times to recognize the symptoms even though I am not a doctor and have no formal medical training. Pay close attention to the dialog. Winnie is pretending to be a good girl so she may undergo her process in the manner she desires, she does this in order to pacify her loved ones who want her to drink her water, eat her food, take her medication etc, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I first came across MBT, it struck me that Tom Campbell’s work could have it’s most immediate impact upon allaying folks fear of death. That, in itself, would be a whole lot of fear reduction and, who knows, it might even appeal on a personal level, to the high priests of science. kinder deaths > kinder life’s :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It has mine, but my discussion of death in such a casual manner sure freaks my friends out!