Return Home
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:26 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Remember that this forum is transient in nature. Do not post here what you wish to remain available and is justified under the Board purpose. Remember that board rules on civility of interaction are still enforced.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom never speaks about why and how he found out that love is the issue. Does any of you know?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:42 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Tom never speaks about why and how he found out that love is the issue. Does any of you know?
I remember him saying that love was a natural logical place he would reach based on his two fundamental assumptions. The more expository justification for that inception of his understanding of love is sprinkled throughout his answers in a less intrusive way. Because he has a certain function to expand left-brained folks then sharing any of his experiences about the truth of love in an outright unequivocal manner would be counter-productive for his function. But when you connect to the source you suddenly understand in your core being that it all boils down to love and fear so it is also through his out of body experiences where he knew/learned that.

I just watched a brilliant video of someone named Louise Kay, she channels a collective consciousness from another dimension and I really enjoyed it. The brilliant thing is that everything she says in this one and a half hour video is almost a duplicate of what Tom shares with us. When something is a fundamental truth the message is always the same, just tinted with different metaphors.

Here's the youtube link if you'd like a different perspective on the same message and a more outright explanation on love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgez15VO-o
I wish you joy and happiness! Cheers : )

P.S. Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong with the internet links in my signature? Thank you!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxUMFZIhny2WrrmCqZtX7w

Last edited by jessejamesaims on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

P.S. Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong with the internet links in my signature? Thank you!
jessejamesaims link

Quote my post and look at how I formatted the urls.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom was told by entities first, and then rationalized what love was in the context of the larger system.

There is audio recordings from the explorer tapes decades ago in the monroe institute where Tom is being told about love and maybe standing infront of the "council of love", something like that.

There is also Robert Monroe's exploration into "loosh" production where love is identified as the purpose of this physical reality.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Logic. What else would a system with so much time do?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
For the system Love = low entropy. Low entropy in any system makes it work better. In PMR terms that means cooperation, helping, sharing, other before self, and in human terms we call that Love.

Tom did a whole video on this.

The Love and Low Entropy Connection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo3MxY6llo

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you all for your answers. Love: That is what most near-death experiencers hear God say when they are clinically dead. And what mystics hear during their experience, and what all religions teach, especially the Christian one in which Tom was educated. So I wanted to know if it was Tom´s learned concept or did he hear an explanation from LCS or God if you will.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

For Tom it was a learned concept coupled with what learned from his physical life.

This is one of my favorite posts from Ted on Love:

One thing that you must keep in mind to understand 'love' is that there is more to it than the single 4 letter word in English implies in our normal cultural usage. If you look in an English thesaurus for synonyms you find words like: affection, attachment, devotedness, devotion, fondness, passion and we frequently add distinctions by linking love with another descriptive adjective. If you go back to ancient Greek, such a root source in our society and culture, you find the following list: philia (dispassionate virtuous love which includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality, and familiarity - compare to filial love), eros (love in all of it's sexual flavors - compare to erotic love), agape (thought of as a more pure and idealized form of love, divorced from the physical but in modern times developing that meaning also - a concept of love often used in religious contexts - perhaps compare to pure love), storge (the affection of a parent for a child - parental love), and xenia (an almost ritualized friendship and caring for, formed between a host and his guest - perhaps caring love). This could be carried on into outer languages and cultures. You can pursue this on your own at the library or on the Internet and go on for quite some time. The English word love simply does not have simple equivalents within other languages and cultures and its biases simply produce difficulties in understanding this usage. The simplest way to approach a single better word is the ancient Greek agape, in my opinion.

Let me describe the context of love within which Tom, in my understanding, uses it and equates it with very low entropy. This context is that our existence within Consciousness Space where we exist as IUOCs and as such are integral parts of The One Consciousness as we communicate over the RWW and thus are The One Consciousness. Thus we in concert are and create and are the driving force or Mind behind Consciousness Space in all of its features and functionality. Simultaneously, we are time sharing our beings as IUOCs as virtual selves in order to participate independently within virtual realities such as NPMR and PMR. Tom has spoken of this as an alternate way to view our selves and The One as one integral fractal thing that is in fact every thing and the only thing that exists. When we as individual IUOCs reach the point at which we can comprehend this fractal existence as integral parts of The One Mind/Consciousness and simultaneously as Individuated Units Of Consciousness, engaged in the mutual expression of our existence, developing our individual selves through interaction and simultaneously The One into every more complete expressions of individuality and yet the expression of the power of this One Thing as ever more complete understanding of Itself, reduced entropy. This is the context of 'love' as it is used by Tom. Love of the Whole, this Union, for its constituent parts and of the constituent parts for each other and of this Union, in recognition of this Union, this integral and mutual relationship.

So is it any wonder that you have difficulty with these fiddly little details when you start to apply love and develop an understanding of love in our PMR social context and what 'people' do with each other and to each other. This is frankly why I am leery of the bald use of the word love without putting more into the context to clarify what is meant. This is not a criticism of Tom's choice of usage of love for this so all encompassing concept. I can understand why he chose this approach, having basically no choice in a PMR reality within which there is in fact no word for what he needed to convey. So he uses a word that is no less difficult to understand than alternatives that he might have chosen. This is just as he chose a more linear, discrete object based conception embedded within PMR concepts of his model within My Big TOE. To approach this from the direction of science and within a society speaking English, what choice did he have? Things and relationships and interactions and rule sets are the nature of the scientific world view and must be expressed in the language of our society. But once you go so far with this world view, you come up against the need for some of the imagery of the mystical viewpoint in order to further approach to the truth in the comparison, the conflict of these two points of view. Thus it was not that long ago that he first spoke of a fractal Union as all one thing as the need arose.

http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... er#p14350

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:05 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Sainbury, what a beautiful way to describe our paradox when trying to express and understand what love is. When I accepted ceasing to exist as a separate individual unit and connected with the one consciousness I spent some time marveling and laughing at myself for all my previous attempts to describe the concept of love to myself and others. We can all attempt to describe the idea of love and believe we understand what it is but when you experience the real thing you realize the actual thing is so far removed and at the same time so true to each of those metaphors that the thing "love" doesn't even exist in the same reality as the idea any of us have of love.

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxUMFZIhny2WrrmCqZtX7w

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Truly excellent explanation by dear Ted!
Nevertheless I also have learned that the importance of the concept was stressed by non physical entities with which he communicated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted got nudges from the LCS, but to my knowledge he never did OBEs. His knowledge came from Tom's TOE, logical process, and what he learned in his own life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Ted got nudges from the LCS, but to my knowledge he never did OBEs. His knowledge came from Tom's TOE, logical process, and what he learned in his own life.
Although Ted always maintained that his recall was limited to the physical I think a good few of us would lay claim to having interacted with Ted/Ted interface in the non-physical. Ted was always very accommodating of me and from my perspective would spend weeks at a time sitting steadily beaming away in my peripheral. He was my shiny wavy chin. Quite annoying when you’re trying to have a tantrum:).

Several months before he passed I’d found myself in what I think the model refers to as a ‘ride-along’ with Ted. It was a tunnel scenario, but not the standard ‘go into the light’ type of thing. Ted’s tunnel was a well lit tunnel that had been cut through a mountain and the environment was the same as a skilfully drawn b & w comic book. Ted was dressed in the old burlap cloth (a theme?), with me trotting behind him just taking in the scenery and watching him as he positively munched his way through endless data. Funnily enough, the word I would have used to describe him was validated, but in a non-egoic sense. I didn’t see what he was reading, but he was happy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nessie, that´s so interesting. I would love to know more of your experiences !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Dinah. My focus is down to low just now so there's a lot I would like to know about my experiences too :)