Return Home
It is currently Sun May 09, 2021 6:59 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Remember that this forum is transient in nature. Do not post here what you wish to remain available and is justified under the Board purpose. Remember that board rules on civility of interaction are still enforced.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Such a basic question! Hope someone will respond. I have read Tom's trilogy years ago and began rereading today. I am watching his YOUTUBE videos. He says that after death, we forget our life as we would a dream. So here is my question.

If we forget our lives, how do we learn? Can I learn from a dream when I forget it upon awakening?

How does this work?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Such a basic question! Hope someone will respond. I have read Tom's trilogy years ago and began rereading today. I am watching his YOUTUBE videos. He says that after death, we forget our life as we would a dream. So here is my question.

If we forget our lives, how do we learn? Can I learn from a dream when I forget it upon awakening?

How does this work?
You ask a very simple but complex question. I could explain it to you as best I understand it but it may not resonate. You see, this is a theory of reality and it is supported by thousands of years of evidence as we understand evidence. For you to understand what Campbell means, it is best to invest your time in the study of this and other models covering the millennia. It will not be easy but it is worth the effort.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:25 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

edit

Last edited by intheclouds on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When Tom says that after death we forget this life like we forget a dream after wake up, he's talking from the perspective of the little you, not the big You (oversoul, IUOC). All the progress done in one life is accumulated at the IUOC level and when you incarnate again as a little you (FWAU), you're starting one notch above, spiritually speaking.

Without the intellectual baggage of previous lives, you can start a fresh new adventure. How it would work if you had all the memories from your past 10 lives (say an average of 600 years)? Most people already are stuck in their ways and overwhelmed with memories by the time they are 50 or 60 years old. Can you imagine how 600 or 1600yrs old would be? Very repetitive, very little to no progress made. As the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:07 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

i will just post this again because this has always been exactly my thoughts on this subject and i finally found a video that sums it up perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

@intheclouds
I browsed through the guy's channel...what's the deal with that young girl Akvile, she appears to be his girlfriend? I'm impressed, at that age she's into this kind of stuff. Proof right there we're learning from life to life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I watched Rich's videos before my first OBE attempt. His version characterizes "us" as victims. In my experience, I have come to realize that I am not a victim. I qualify what I am to remain "planted" (open minded skeptic) but I am not an avatar or a human. I am a sentient being having a experiential sensory experience in a virtual physical reality. In other words, I am an IUOC "getting" a data stream. I remain in the NOW or the present and the data created by this life will be stored in the actualized past data base. A memory.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I am watching his YOUTUBE videos. He says that after death, we forget our life as we would a dream. So here is my question. If we forget our lives, how do we learn? Can I learn from a dream when I forget it upon awakening? How does this work?
What you did or didn't do in you last life isn't important. What you retain is the quality of consciousness, (QoC,) you attained from your last life - for better or for worse. That is the QoC you start your next life with. And if you have a high enough QoC, after you do a life review, you may want to work on some specific things in your next life.

The dream virtual reality is just another reality so you can make choices while you recharge your body per the ruleset of the PMR. It is a reality where your choices are made from the being level and not the intellectual level. So, it is always interesting when you remember your dreams to review the choices you made.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:24 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Last edited by intheclouds on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:27 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Last edited by intheclouds on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

intheclouds,

From what I have found personally so far in my journey, it is what drives you, your interests, what runs around your mind. You here do not remember but a bigger you does, the more you make of yourselves and progress in a life the stronger your connection becomes in the next incarnation which slowly modifies what drives you, your basic instincts, your thoughts and your knowing without knowing. So even though all your lives are not remembered by your current life, a deep seeded compass drives and guides you ever stronger the more you progress life after life.

If you want to remember your dreams more clearly.
Learn to meditate to slow down your normal daily mind state and modify your conscious state to stay present in the current moment without drifting off to past experiences or possible future events, the more you can stay conscious and focused in the present state the more powerful and structured you will be.

-Mundarah