Before you complain about our rules, consider this:

Read here first and before posting. There is much reference material here. Always under construction with new additions to come.
Forum rules
For Posts by Management Only. Readable by all board members.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Before you complain about our rules, consider this:

Post by Ted Vollers »

Google Code Project Shutting Down By Stephanie Mlot, March 13, 2015
The Google Code project hosting service will shut down in January 2016.

Nine years after the system's launch, program managers spend more time managing spam and abuse on the site than hosting development projects.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2478247,00.asp Emphasis in red added within the quotation.

Google with all of their money and paid management and on a commercial project has failed to control spam and abuse to the point of shutting down the project. They find that the gain is not worth the cost. There are other aspects in that there are multiple competitors so their work is not so needed as when it was first implemented.

So if you find any value here, do not complain of the necessary restrictions to preserve that value.

Ted
William12
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Before you complain about our rules, consider this:

Post by William12 »

Hate to sound cynical about their explanation, but the fact is google is shutting it down as no one is using it. The "spam" is a throw away comment from PR I suspect. What else are they going to say, No one is uses our stuff, Github is better? github and codeplex have all the traffic now because all the good client tools are geared to one or the other (i.e. git and/or tfs). Autospam is not much of problem on these sites as you need a login, and there is no profit in it as there is far easier ROI to make the effort. Everyone comes for the code, not to read comments, and the project owner would delete himself way before google. I use github and codeplex and have never really seen any problem with spam because of the targeted context. Forums are biggest target for it as they have the eye balls. People point out errors and bugs, but that is not spam, it is normally the truth. :-)
VR makes my brain Hertz

Return to “Welcome, here are Board Rules and Tips on Posting.”