Tom Campbell: Interpretation of NPMR Experiences

Tom Campbell: What Happens After We Die?
Tom Campbell: Who Are We in This Reality? Parts 1 & 2
Tom Campbell: Life Between Lives as Consciousness
Tom Campbell: "Afterlife" Within The Context Of A Big TOE...
Tom Campbell: Science and the "Paranormal"
Tom Campbell: Faith, Religion, and God in the Big Picture
Tom Campbell: Consciousness: The Ultimate Social Network
Tom Campbell: Our Reality is Information
How to Focus Your Intent by Tom Campbell
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Published on Jun 8, 2014

In this 13 minute video, Tom Campbell answers a question by a forum member related to interpreting NPMR (non-physical matter reality) experiences.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Re: Tom Campbell: Interpretation of NPMR Experiences

Post by Ted Vollers »

John: The first one’s about interpretation, actually interpretation once you're past the point of, “Is this real?” I would like to ask about interpretation of our own NPMR experiences and/or data received from NPMR. Our interpretation is colored with our fears, ego, expectations, and beliefs. Some see them as very extreme metaphors and come up with winding ideas of their true nature, and other times the experiences can be taken at face value. As we start having experiences and getting data from the Larger Consciousness System, how do we effectively interpret it? How do you know when to take things that happen there at face value? Or how to know when it’s some kind of dragged out metaphor?

Tom: The way you should approach that isn’t so much focused on whether it’s some sort of a dragged out metaphor or whether it’s exactly the way it is. But instead of focusing on that, focus on “What does it mean? What do I get out of it?” It’s reading between the lines. “What's the purpose here? What's the information that's valuable? Or, “Where is it leading me? Where is it taking me? What am I able to do with this information?” And if the information is valuable to you whether it's a metaphor, whether it's face value, (exactly the way it is,) whether it's coming out of your own mind, or your over-soul, or some other entity, none of that really matters much.

I'd say because we live in this reality that's a very tight rule set, we tend to want to categorize everything that we deal with. If we talk to somebody, we’d like to know their background - how credible they are. We judge whether or not they're likely to be telling us the truth or not. We look at the environment. What kind of job do they have and where do they live? And we collect all this ancillary information to help us judge the veracity, or the quality, of what it is they tell us. When you're in the non-physical you don't have that same ability to judge. What you see, or what you get, it’s just information. It’s data. You get it and what are you going to do with it? What value does it have to you? Look for the value or lack thereof. If there's no value then it really doesn't matter too much. And if there is a lot of value then it (the source) really doesn't matter too much. All and all that those issues of, “What am I really seeing here?” are not as important as, “What does it mean?”

I don't know if that helps John or not. But that that would be kind of the first thing, would be an attitude not trying to specify all the details like we do in this reality. And most of us do that because that's just our habit. We want to know what everything is, where it comes from, why it's there, and why it's like that. But often none of that’s really necessary. Often the system just picks a way of giving you the information that you can use. And you’re getting it the way you're getting it because of the way you are not so much in the way it is.

Does that help any? Are we on the right path of helping you resolve that problem? Or is that off the path for you?

John: That does help.

Tom: Next time you have those experiences instead of spending your Intent trying to specify peripheral issues, try to focus your Intent on the content of it. Just look at the content and try to see, “What's the point of this? What am I supposed to learn from this?” And then if you focus on that, eventually you might get a better idea of the nature of the source, and why it's being shown to you, and what the point of it all is. And that's why I tend not to be real specific when I talk about those things because I don’t want to “lead the witness.” I don't want to put ideas in your mind, “Oh, I know it's this, or it’s that.” It's better that you are just open and don't have expectations and can just get what comes. And it doesn't need to be any particular thing. So I just say, “Well that’s just the Larger Consciousness System.” The Larger Consciousness System can take thousands of forms, and shapes, and have different ways of communicating with you. But it's all just the Larger Consciousness System.

So instead of, “Well, exactly how's the Larger Consciousness System doing this? And what's that shape mean?” And, “Why is it this way instead it that way?” And, “What does that mean?” You're over processing; you’re overdoing the analysis. It's best just to say, “What's the message? What can I learn from this? How can I grow from this experience?” Because if something just comes out of the blue and is handed to you like, “Here’s an experience.” it probably means something to you. There is probably a lesson and a growth path in it. Those kinds of things generally don't happen randomly.

Now if you're just out exploring and you bump into something, well that's different. That's not necessarily a message for you. It could be. But it may just be you wandering around exploring things. And then if it's an interesting thing you can explore more or less. But typically the things you're talking about are things that are given to you. Information that's handed (to you.) Whether it’s a picture or whatever. It's just like you're out there and, Wham! You get this stuff. Well typically that means there's a reason for you getting that stuff. And you should always be skeptical. You don't know the source. And that's alright. You don’t have to know the source. But what's the quality of this information? Does it tell me that I should go out and punch someone? Then you could say, “Well that doesn't sound quite right.” But does it tell you something else? And just from the content you can get some sense of the source. And (you can get some sense of) whether this is a source that is expressing love, or caring, or help. Rather than it’s a source that's just play with you or giving you misinformation.

So, I’d say always be skeptical. Here (in PMR) we try to vet the source. We say, “Okay this source is so-and-so. And they work for these people. And they do this and this. Therefore they’re in the place to know.” So their credibility goes way up. And then we give what they say more or less credence based upon the credibility that we can assess for them. We don’t have that in the Larger Consciousness System most of the time. So you have to take the information and then just decide is that information leading you toward growth? Is it leading you toward love? Is it this; is it that? What is it doing? How does it affect me and that's how you can assess off of the Intent of the source. If it's telling you things or giving you images, or whatever, that helps you see bigger pictures, then the source is a helpful source. It’s something that's an enabler for you. If that source is telling you to do things don't seem right, well then maybe it’s something this is just messing with you. But you have to make that decision, not based on how you can determine its credibility, rather just based on the quality of the information that you get.

John: Yes, that does help. The experience that led me to asking that question, specifically, was one that could have been very ego polishing – ego nurturing if taken the wrong way. Sometimes things pop into my head about it, as of late, that sort of pointed in the direction where I could see having something like that would have been? As you stated, I try not to worry so much about the source either.

Tom: Sometimes if there is something that polishes up your ego, that's given to you kind of as test to see what you do with it. Are you going to run around with this new shiny ego and show it to everyone – or not? Or are you going to just say, “Yeah, yeah that's nice. That worked out pretty good didn't it?” and just go on. It depends on how you interact with it. So sometimes it's just the helping you see a reflection of yourself in the mirror. But not seeing your body, rather seeing your ego in that mirror. So those kinds of things can be very helpful. And that doesn't mean, “Oh somebody's trying to get me. I'm being prodded to have this big ego response.” It's not the idea that something is trying to help or get you either one. It's what can you do with the information? If something is trying to get you by feeding your ego, and you turn that into a lesson that helps you get rid of ego, then it really doesn't matter. So, see you're the captain of the ship. You get to do with the information as you will. And the source isn’t really that important. It's just, what can you do with this? How can you deal with that? Alright they just came in and told me what a great thing I did or how wonderful this was or something. What can I learn from that? Well, the first thing I can learn from that is don't take it too seriously. And don't get too proud of it. That's one thing to learn from it. And the second thing is maybe how you could have done better and made it even a better thing. Or how you might have approached it differently with less ego, or with more caring. Or should you have messed really with that all? You can get all sorts of helpful things from it. You have to interpret it properly. And that's all about you and not about distinguishing it, the source.

Hopefully that’s helped some. We just have this habit of trying to vet everything, and analyze it, and find out credibility. And we want to analyze the source to know whether we should believe it or not because we really are driven to be believers. And that's really not the issue - whether you believe it or not. The issue is what good is it?

John: Another issue is when I look at the experience after it’s happened, after you’re awake for a while, and you’ve had your breakfast, and you’re sitting there thinking about it for a while. That's where the interpretation starts to get a little warped. While it’s happening a lot of the stuff I don't have time to intellectually think about it. But then when I wake up that’s when everything gets confusing.

Tom: Exactly. Then you confuse yourself. Once your intellect gets involved in analyzing, the probability of it coming up with good information is low. It's better as you get it, you intuitively get it, you have a sense of it, and you kind of need to deal with it right there at that level. And then tell your intellect to sit down and be quiet. You don’t need an analysis on this from intellect’s view point. Mostly that's not helpful. That's just more confusing than it is useful.
mike p
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Tom Campbell: Interpretation of NPMR Experiences

Post by mike p »

Ted, thank you so much for posting this video. The content of this video, "interpreting" our NMPR experiences, and what do they mean, and how we are processing them with our "intellect", - Tom explains this very clear. FANSTASTIC, XCELENCT!!
This has given me some great clarity, as in what I need to do personally with my NPMR experiences, and when I awake, afterwards, how my intellect wants to steel the show.

Great info, from this short little vid. Thanks Ted, so much. I am starting my day out, [ been awake about an hour], and if I don't have run out somewhere or get on some business task, - I am re enacting , or viewing my dreams and other experiences of thought that I had the before I awoke, as in trying to process that data. Tom, spoke just what I needed to hear. I now will have a much different approach to these experiences, [ as in my analyzing them ] , thanks , again Ted.

Have a great day, mike p

Return to “Discourses on Consciousness and our Reality”