Return Home
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:44 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:49 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi all,

It is great to have this shared, open space to conduct translations and MBT related projects pertaining to rising awareness of Tom Campbell's work for felow Polish folk.

Without further adue, I propose we start with this short introductory video to both see the back and forth interaction between us as testing ground as well as laying foundation for further translatory efforts.

https://youtu.be/OFpTpfRhRyw

There is a very easy way to get started on this:

1) Turn on closed captions/CC on the video screen
2) Select your preferred language for the CC to be an auto-generated rough translation, or leave as English by default.
3) Click on three dots (more options) menu right next to share button. This should be below the video screen.
4) select transcript - this will show the entire closed captions with timestamps that you can save by highlighting the lines and then right clicking + save as...

This creates a pretty significant shortcut in the whole process.

Once we get a good translation in place we can either cross reference it among ourselves for editing to get rid of errors and to make sure that the content remains unchanged between languages.

We can also kick off with multiple translations from several of us and work from there ending up with the best one/a merge.

Once the new transcript is ready we will have to figure out the best way to in corporate it into the video.

I've created a new YouTube channel (MBT Poland) for either uploading the results of out work publicly or just for testing purposes privately to then be passed along to the official Tom Campbell's channel so that the translation may be placed in a "foreign languages playlist" or just the cc file incorporated as an option.

The first one will be a small one, but a big step nonetheless. I hope to see as many participants to come forward and see just how much exposure we can get for MBT : )

Please subscribe to this sub-forum/thread to stay current with the works.

Last edited by HJK_V01 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:48 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Also, please be aware of potential spammers including suspicious links, offers, solicitations or anything illicit - Especially when we start to shift towards Polish. It is absolutely expected of us to keep this forum safe, useful and free of intrusions. If you see something, say something - contact Ted Vollers or Sainbury to mediate the problem. You can also let me know, and I'll get in touch with them if that is more convenient.

[PL]
Proszę mieć na uwadze iż to forum ma być wolne od spamu, podejrzanych linków, propozycji oraz jakichkolwiek nielegalnych treści. Zwłaszcza kiedy przejdziemy z Angielskiego na Polski. Zgłaszanie podejrzanych albo bezcelowych treści jest od nas absolutnie oczekiwane tak aby forum było wolne od spamu i zabezpieczone. Jeżeli zauważysz coś podejrzanego daj znać. Wyślij wiadomość do Ted Vollers albo Sainbury - ja także służę pomocą.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:13 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I'd like to post a progress report so far, as I've promised to do so in the emails -

The first thing that needed to be done was to get transcripts for both English and Polish.
Then to carefully review the accuracy of the English transcript compared with what Tom was actually saying. It took a little bit longer than just watching the video, obviously.

Then with the automated Polish translation rough-draft I started the proper translation. I got into about 1.5 minutes today to pick up as soon as I get the chance tomorrow after work.

Now here's the exciting part:

My Big Theory of Everything
My Big TOE
MBT
My Big T
MB Theory of Everything

This is a very complex acronym and I'd like to get your ideas on how to properly translate that tidbit.

It certainly won't translate to "Toe" in Polish, should I just insert MBT instead, or when "My Big Toe" is said, should I treat it as "Moja Wielka Teoria Wszystkiego"/ "Moja Teoria Wszystkiego" ?

Should we get creative and create a cool acronym of our own? I think just getting by with MBT is sufficient, but it has to be explained somewhere, somehow as to what MBT actually stands for and means in Polish, and possibly to explain the pun in English further ahead - That is the part of the video where I paused to consult with you.

I'll move on as soon as I can, and let you know when I make more progress - but your help will be greatly appreciated. All English speakers are welcome to contribute here, as you are all well aware of the intellectual tongue twister the MBT acronym is ; )

P.S.

Carefully studying even such a short video, word by word has been very intriguing - I definitely recommend it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:53 pm 
Curator
Curator

TOE is an acronym for Theory of Everything. Poland has a history of scientists just as most all countries do. Marie Curie and Benoit Mandelbrot are two who pop into my mind and who would have a specific relationship to the sequence of development ending up in Tom Campbell's work. There are surely Polish physicists who deal in physics where Theories Of Everything arise. To me the question would have two answers. When you are talking specifically about Tom Campbell's books, then you want to simply say/repeat it in the English format as 'My Big TOE'. When you are making reference in Polish to a Theory of Everything, then I would think that you must either use 'TOE' if you are making a reference to its use by Tom and in English or as '???' substituting the Polish acronym for the Polish words for theory of everything.

Does this make sense? It's just one of the problems when you are translating rather than creating the original work.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:02 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi All,

I have completed the translation, below find the transcript for proof-reading, comments, suggestions and edits.

At this stage all that needs to be done after proof-reading is to figure out how to get the .docx (default Word format) into a subtitle file format suitable for YouTube, or how to embed subtitle directly into a video title. Both of the possibilities elude me so far, as I don't know how to get .docx to blend with closed caption formats. I'll figure it out eventually but I hope to get some tips from you to expedite.

After that is done, I'll again edit the subtitles to have best possible timing and then reach out to Keith as far as final publishing goes.

Here's the translated transcript:

Transcript
English >> Polish
EnglishEnglish >> Polish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpTpfRhRyw
0:00
(Witam, jesteśmy tu dziś z Tomem Campbell’em.)
0:02
(Witaj Tom.)
0:04
Witaj Donna (Mógłbyś opowiedzieć nam trochę o tym, jak znalazłeś się w fizyce i w)
0:11
(badaniu świadomości i jak doszło do MBT?)
0:14
Cóż, to wszystko zaczęło się około roku 1972, kiedy ukończyłem studium podyplomowe
0:19
i rozpocząłem moją pierwszą pracę jako zawodowy fizyk.
0:23
naprawdę miałem w tym czasie dwie kariery, miałem tą w fizyce i w praktycznie
0:30
tym samym czasie zostałem przedstawiony Bobowi Monroe, wtedy rozpocząłem badanie świadomości.
0:35
i byłem w stanie wziąć obie te dziedziny, jakby moją dzienną pracę i moją nocną pracę i scalić
0:41
je razem ku większemu zrozumieniu jak działa rzeczywistość.
0:49
Konieczne było być fizykiem aby zrozumieć mechanikę tego jak rzeczywistość działa, i konieczne
0:57
było być badaczem świadomości żeby rzeczywiście doświadczyć i zbierać dane.
1:02
(Co osiąga MBT?)
1:05
Co odkrywa się w MBT i dlaczego to tak nazwałeś?)
1:11
Cóż, MBT (My Big TOE) to Moja Wielka Teoria Wszystkiego, a słowo "Moja" w MBT
1:19
jest tam nie dlatego że jestem aż taki dumny tylko po to, by podkreślić że jeśli nie jest to twoje
1:27
doświadczenie, to nie jest to też twoja prawda.
1:29
Więc, MBT po prostu miało być katalizatorem dla czytelnika aby wypracować
1:36
Własną Wielką Teorię Wszystkiego.
1:38
To nie jest coś w co należy wierzyć, to jest narzędzie do stworzenia własnego
1:44
zrozumienia natury rzeczywistości.
1:47
(Twoja trylogia wyrabia kompletną derywację świadomości.
1:52
Jak zacząłeś z czymś takim?)
1:54
Cóż, zajęło mi około 35 lat, aby zrozumieć naturę świadomości i
2:01
jak ona działa.
2:02
Nie jest to ani łatwą, ani szybką rzeczą do pojęcia.
2:05
Wymagało to wiele badań z mojej strony z wchodzeniem w odmienne stany świadomości, a następnie,
2:12
będąc tam, grać rolę naukowca, by ocenić czy to co tam widzisz jest prawdziwe,
2:20
że nie wymyślasz tego sobie, w jaki sposób korzystać ze świadomości, co może
2:28
ona zrobić, czego nie może zrobić, jakie są ograniczenia, wszystkie te rzeczy musiały zostać odkryte
2:34
bardzo powoli, w żmudnych badaniach, trzeba być w stanie powtórzyć odmienny stan świadomości,
2:42
za każdym razem trzeba się dostać w to samo miejsce, to musi być powtarzalne, a następnie
2:47
starać się wyeliminować jak najwięcej zmiennych i testować te czynniki których wpływ
2:54
chcesz sprawdzić. Więc w końcu, po 35 latach prowadzenia tego rodzaju badań, doszedłem do wniosku
2:59
że zrozumiałem jak rzeczywistość działa i zacząłem pisać MBT.
3:05
Więc tak, MBT ma tylko dwa założenia:
3:11
Pierwsze założenie to *świadomość jest, świadomość istnieje* a drugie to *ewolucja istnieje*.
3:19
I tylko z tych dwóch założeń, można derywować (wyprowadzić) całą resztę logicznie i dedukcyjnie.
3:29
Więc kiedy skończyłem, zdałem sobie sprawę że miałem model świadomości który tłumaczy większość
3:37
rzeczy, które metafizycy mówią, większość rzeczy które teolodzy mówią
3:44
większość rzeczy o których mówi „paranormalna społeczność” i wtedy odkryłem że
3:53
te same pojęcia, które pozwalały zrozumieć naturę rzeczywistości, również pozwalają
4:01
zrozumieć naturę fizyki.
4:04
I zdałem sobie sprawę, że miałem rozwiązanie w MBT, aby odpowiedzieć na pewne pytania
4:14
które nie znalazły odpowiedzi przez prawie sto lat. Na przykład dlaczego cząstki elementarne najlepiej definiuje się
4:21
rozkładem prawdopodobieństwa?
4:22
To jest kluczowa niewiadoma w mechanice kwantowej.
4:26
Dlaczego prędkość światła jest zawsze stała?
4:30
To jest kluczowa niewiadoma we Względności.
4:34
Więc, to był bonus.
4:38
Zacząłem z opisem świadomości i zdałem sobie sprawę, że jeśli rozumiesz świadomość,
4:45
możesz derywować fizykę.
4:47
Ta fizyczna rzeczywistość jest naprawdę pod-zbiorem.
4:52
Świadomość jest fundamentalna, a wszystko inne wypływa z niej.
4:57
tak właśnie te dwa założenia dały się połączyć.
5:01
I od tego czasu, znalazłem coraz więcej powiązań między nauką i świadomością.
5:10
To jest głównie to, co wnoszę.
5:16
To że ludzie odkryli wyjaśnienia świadomości: dlaczego tu jesteśmy, jaki jest sens bycia?
5:23
Mamy wszystkie wielkie religie świata, które dochodzą do pewnego zrozumienia tych kwestii
5:31
Filozofowie przez wieki pojmowali te kwestie, ja wnoszę to że przedstawiam
5:39
te same kwestie, dlaczego tu jesteśmy, co jest naszym celem, jaka jest natura rzeczywistości, co świadomość może i
5:46
czego nie może, skąd bierze się świadomość, jak to się zaczęło, jakie są
5:54
jej początki, jakie są jej ograniczenia i mogę odpowiedzieć na wszystkie te pytania logiką,
6:01
nauką.
6:02
I ta sama logika, która odpowiada na te rodzaje metafizycznych i filozoficznych pytań
6:07
również derywuje (wyprowadza) fizykę.
6:10
Odpowiada na większość paradoksów, które mamy dziś w nauce.
6:15
Są one pojęte jasno i logicznie w ramach koncepcji MBT.
6:24
(Z tym zrozumieniem, co jest celem ludzkości w Twoim modelu rzeczywistości?)
6:34
Coż, nasz cel i powód dla którego tu jesteśmy jest taki że nie jesteśmy fizyczni, to jest
6:42
Wirtualna rzeczywistość.
6:44
To jest wirtualne ciało.
6:46
Nasze ciało jest takie jak elfa w wirtualnej rzeczywistości w grze World of Warcraft.
6:52
Fundamentalnie, jesteśmy świadomością.
6:55
Widzisz, w grze WoW, to gracz jest świadomością dla elfa.
7:01
Elf jest tylko komputowanym (wyliczonym) wirtualnym bytem.
7:07
Nasza fizyczność jest taka.
7:08
Jest komutowanym wirtualnym awatarem, a my jesteśmy graczem, my jesteśmy świadomością.
7:14
Dokonujemy wszystkich wyborów.
7:16
Więc, jesteśmy tutaj aby dokonywać wyborów.
7:18
I powodem bycia tutaj i dokonywania wyborów jest taki że świadomość najlepiej może być przedstawiona
7:23
jako system informacyjny.
7:27
Systemy informacyjne rozwijają poprzez tworzenie informacji, czyli treść.
7:33
Tworzą treści, tworzą strukturę.
7:35
Teraz tak, przeciwieństwem struktury jest przypadkowość.
7:39
Przeciwieństwem treści jest losowość.
7:41
Nie ma informacji w przypadkowości.
7:44
Więc nasz cel tutaj w wykonywaniu wyborów, leży w wyrażaniu decyzyjności w taki sposób
7:52
aby stworzyć więcej treści.
7:53
Oznacza to, że rozwijamy się jako *jednostka* świadomości.
7:59
Robimy to w kontekście interakcji z dużą ilością graczy.
8:03
To gra multi-player.
8:05
A kiedy mamy dużo graczy, to tworzymy system społeczny.
8:10
W ramach systemu społecznego, optymalnym sposobem interakcji z innymi jest troszczenie się o
8:17
tych innych, bycie pomocnym, współpraca, posiadanie współczucia.
8:23
To są rzeczy, które optymalizują układ społeczny.
8:29
Nazywam to ścieżką MIŁOŚCI.
8:33
Przeciwieństwem ścieżki miłości jest ścieżka strachu, a strach jest ścieżką gdzie de-ewoluujesz
8:44
Jest to droga wysokiej entropii, nie ścieżka niskiej entropii.
8:50
Wysoka entropia oznacza więcej przypadkowości.
8:52
Niska entropia oznacza większą strukturę, więcej treści.
8:57
Jak się okazuje, to co my tutaj robić, to dokonywać wyboru tak, żeby uczyć się i ewoluować
9:07
Stawać się MIŁOŚĆĄ.
9:09
Ciekawie, układ logiki, który wspiera nas w stawaniu się miłością, który faktycznie czyni
9:17
ją niezbędną w naszym celu, jest tą samą logiką, tą sama nauką, która odpowiada na
9:25
te pytania, które pozostały bez odpowiedzi przez stulecie w fizyce.
9:32
Połączyliśmy te dwa.
9:34
Wzięliśmy teorię świadomości i wypełniliśmy lukę pomiędzy metafizyką, teologią i
9:43
fizyką.
9:44
Teraz widzimy, że wszystkie te rzeczy są częścią jednego większego pojmowania
9:51
sposobu, w jaki działa świat.
9:53
Możemy umieścić te wszystkie pojęcia w tym samym kontekście bycia, podejmowania decyzji.
10:01
To jest ta różnica.
10:04
Teraz, kiedy to zostało zrobione przez wiele, wiele wieków.
10:09
Budda to osiągnął i Mahomet, i tak też Jezus, tak jak i wiele innych
10:19
ludzie wykombinowują to, ale pojmują poprawnie tylko metafizyczne, filozoficzne i
10:25
teologiczne części, ale nie rozumieją, jak to wszystko łączy się z nauką.
10:34
Więc, mieliśmy naukę z jednej strony i pojęcie że rzeczywistość
10:41
jest większa niż my sami z drugiej strony – i te dwa pojmowania podzielone były wielkim murem.
10:47
„Nie łatwo” było je połączyć
10:50
Więc kiedyś nie tylko nie można było ich połączyć, teraz widzimy, że są one częścią tego samego.
10:57
Wszystkie te części są połączone.
10:59
Dobra metafizyka rodzi dobrą fizykę i dobrą teologię.
11:06
To jest nowe sedno sprawy.
11:08
Zamiast być poezją, zamiast opisu - to jest nauka.
11:17
(Świetnie Tom, kończąc na nauce, biorąc że jesteś przede wszystkim naukowcem, to jest
11:23
idealne krótkie wprowadzenie dla tych z nas którzy chcieliby wiedzieć więcej o Tobie i Twojej
11:27
pracy i to będzie doskonałe wprowadzenie do dzielenia się z ludźmi, którzy chcą przedstawić
11:33
Twoją pracę innym.
11:35
Dziękuję Ci bardzo.)
11:37
Dziękuję Tobie, Donna.

Also here is the English transcript I worked off of, as the raw transcript needed a few small corrections:

0:00
Hello, we are here today with Tom Campbell.
0:02
Hi Tom.
0:04
(Hi Donna) Could you tell us a little bit about how you got started in physics and in
0:11
consciousness research and how you came about your My Big TOE.
0:14
Well, it all started in about 1972 when I got out of graduate school and took my first
0:19
job as a professional physicist.
I really had at this time two careers going, I had this one in physics and at almost the
0:30
same time, I got introduced to Bob Monroe and then I did consciousness research.
0:35
And I was able to take both of these fields, sort of my day job and my night job, and merge
0:41
them together into a larger understanding of how reality worked.
0:49
It was necessary to be the physicist to understand the mechanics of how reality worked, and necessary
to be the consciousness researcher to actually experience it and gather the data.
1:02
(What does My Big TOE achieve?
What enfolds in My Big TOE, and how did you come up with the title?)
1:11
Well, My Big TOE is actually my big theory of everything, and the "my" in My Big TOE
1:19
isn't because I'm so proud of it , the "my" is there to emphasize that if it is not your
1:27
experience, it's not your truth.
1:29
So, My Big TOE is just meant to be a catalyst for the reader to come up with their own Big
1:36
TOE.
1:38
It's not something to believe, it's a tool to use to create your own understanding of
1:44
the nature of reality.
1:47
(Now, your trilogy develops a complete derivation of consciousness.
1:52
How do you begin with something like that?)
1:54
Well, it took me about thirty-five years to understand the nature of consciousness and
2:01
how it worked.
2:02
It's not an easy or a quick thing to understand.
2:05
It took a lot of research on my part of going into altered states of consciousness and then,
2:12
once there, playing the physics role of how do you know what you are seeing is real, how
2:20
do you know you are not making it up, how can you use this consciousness, what can it
2:28
do, what can't it do, what are the limitations, all of these things had to be discovered very
2:34
slowly, with painstaking research in that you have to be able to repeat an altered state,
2:42
every time you have to get to the same place and it has to be repeatable, and then you
2:47
try to eliminate as many variables as possible and vary the ones you would like to see what
2:54
impact they have, So, eventually, after 35 years of doing this kind of research, I thought
2:59
I understood how reality worked and began writing the My Big TOE.
3:05
Now, My Big TOE, has just two assumptions in it.
3:11
One assumption is that consciousness is, consciousness exists, and the other one is that evolution exists.
3:19
And, with just those two assumptions, one can derive all the rest logically, deductively,
3:28
if you will.
3:29
And, when I was done, I realized I had a model of consciousness that explained most of the
3:37
things that metaphysicians talk about, most of the things that theologians talk about,
3:44
most of the things the paranormal community talk about, and then I discovered that the
3:53
same concepts that allowed one to understand the nature of reality , also allowed one to
4:01
understand the nature of physics.
4:04
And, I realized that I had the solution in this My Big TOE, to answer some questions
4:14
that hadn't been answered for almost a century, and that is , why were particles best represented
4:21
by probability distributions?
4:22
That is the key unknown in quantum mechanics.
4:26
And how is it that the speed of light is always a constant?
4:30
That is the key unknown in Relativity.
4:34
So, that was kind of an extra.
4:38
I started out with a description of consciousness and realized that if you understood consciousness,
4:45
you could derive physics.
This physical reality really was a subset.
4:52
Consciousness is fundamental, and everything else flows from that.
4:57
So, that is how those two got to be combined.
5:01
And, since that time, I have found more and more connections between science and consciousness.
5:10
This is primarily what I bring to the table.
5:16
Is that People have found explanations of consciousness, why we are here, what is the point of being,?
5:23
We have all the worlds great religions that have come to some understanding of these issues
5:31
philosophers over the ages have come to understanding of these issues and what I bring to the table is that now I can cast these
5:39
same issues-why are we here, what is our purpose, what is the nature of reality, what can and
5:46
Can’t a consciousness do, where does consciousness come from, how did it start, what are it's
5:54
origins, what are it's limitations, and I can answer all of those questions with logic,
6:01
with science.
6:02
And the same logic that answers those kinds of metaphysical and philosophical questions
6:07
also derives the physics.
6:10
It answers most of the paradoxes that we have in science today.
6:15
are understood clearly and logically under the concepts in My Big TOE.
6:24
(With this understanding, what is the task, set before humanity under your model of reality?)
6:34
Well, the purpose of us and why we are here is that we are not physical bodies, this is
6:42
a virtual reality.
6:44
This is a virtual body.
6:46
Our body is much like the elf in the World of Warcraft video game virtual reality.
6:52
We are fundamentally consciousness.
6:55
You see, in the WoW video, the player is the consciousness for the elf.
7:01
The elf is just a computed virtual being.
7:07
Our bodies are like that.
7:08
They are computed virtual avatars, if you will, and we are the player, we are the consciousness.
7:14
We make all the choices.
7:16
So, we are here to make choices.
And, the reason we are here to make choices is because consciousness can best be modeled
7:23
as an information system.
7:27
Information systems evolve by creating information, that is, content.
7:33
They create content, They create structure.
Now the opposite of structure is randomness.
7:39
The opposite of content is randomness.
7:41
There is no information in randomness.
7:44
So our point here in making our choices, is to exercise our choice-making in such a way
7:52
that we create more content.
7:53
That is, that we evolve as a unit of consciousness.
7:59
We are doing this within the context of interacting with lots of players.
8:03
It's a multi-player game.
8:05
And, when you have lots of players interacting , you form a social system.
8:10
And, within a social system, the optimal way of interacting with others is to care about
8:17
those others, is to be helpful, to be cooperative, to have compassion.
8:23
These are the things that optimize a social arrangement.
8:29
I call that the LOVE path.
8:33
The opposite of the LOVE path is the fear path, and fear is the path where you de-evolve.
8:44
It's the path of high entropy, not the path of low entropy.
8:50
High entropy means more randomness.
8:52
Low entropy means more structure, more content.
So, as it turns out, what we are here to do is to make choices so that we learn and evolve
9:07
to becoming LOVE.
And, strangely enough, a system of logic that supports us becoming LOVE, that actually makes
9:17
that necessary in our purpose, is the same logic and the same science that answers these
9:25
questions that have been unanswered for a century in physics.
9:32
What has happened is that we have married these two.
9:34
We have taken a theory of consciousness and we have bridged metaphysics, theology, and
9:43
physics.
9:44
Now we can see that all of those things are all part of one bigger understanding of the
9:51
way the world works.
9:53
We can put all of those within the same context of being, of choice-making.
So, that's the difference.
Now that had been done for many, many centuries.
10:09
The Buddha accomplished that, and so did Muhammad, and so did Jesus, and so did lots of other
10:19
people figure this out, but they only got the metaphysical and the philosophical and
10:25
theological parts right, and they didn't understand how all of that was connected to science.
10:34
So, we have had science on one hand, and we have had an understanding that reality is
10:41
bigger than just us on the other hand, and these two have been separated with a big wall
10:46
between them.
10:47
They did not mix well.
10:50
So, now they not only mix well, but we see that they are all part of the same thing.
10:57
They are all connected.
10:59
Good metaphysics produces good physics and good theology.
11:06
That's kind of a new point.
11:08
Instead of being poetry, instead of it being description, it's science . (Well, that's
11:17
perfect, Tom, and ending with science as you are first and foremost a scientist, this is
11:23
a perfect short introduction to those who would like to know more about you and your
11:27
work, and this will be a perfect introduction to share with people who want to introduce
11:33
your work to others.
11:35
Thank you so much.)
11:37
Thank you, Donna.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:03 am 
Curator
Curator

Might I suggest the following, since you have the material. Also produce two stand alone transcription files in English and in Polish. Personally I have too many vision problems to follow subtitles on a screen as the video plays out and these are not like portrayals in a movie where the visual action is required. This will give the greatest value for the effort that you have put in.

Format these text files into sentences and paragraphs to be read separately more like lectures. Don't leave these text versions formatted into short phrases to match with a video. Or perhaps others would be willing to take on this effort for you to lighten the load on you and let you concentrate your efforts on your outreach and resource for Polish speakers. My goal originally was to have this kind of material become available on the Board for all of Tom's video presentations. But transcribers all quit except for an occasional new one.

Tom took a lot of his posts and others to which he was responding and created lecture files which were available as handouts at his presentations. Tom created them to present a given theme or answer specific questions. Then I took all but one or two which were left as questions and answers and converted it more into a text lecture, which makes a better lecture type presentation as opposed to a back and forth discussion. These are the versions that are available now.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:45 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I can easily do that. All it will take is removing the time stamps and correcting the spacing (they're only necessary for creating closed captions). What do I do with the files once they're re-done?

As I mentioned above, transcribing is 80% easier now since YouTube does it by itself now, it only needs to be corrected for the few mistakes in case of this video- but the quality of the transcript depends on the sound quality of the lecture. We did one for a bigger lecture where Tom's voice was echoing, and the transcript was terrible, so that would need more work - it pays to donate to MBT Events for them to be able to afford quality recording equipment and keep the quality of the sound audible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 am 
Curator
Curator

Send them to me as I know you have my email address. I will pass it on or post it myself. Or you can just post it into a thread on this forum and we can transfer it as appropriate and then delete that thread as not needed.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:26 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Alright,

I've finally got the CC added to the YouTube video - it was quite painstaking as I still can't find a good resource on how to convert .txt/.docx to any CC format, so I had to resort to adding subtitles manually line by line into video editing on YouTube video manager. So just in case, I do not have a subtitle file, just the content as shared above.

Here is the video for your review.

Here's an important disclaimer: Please do not share this video outside of this thread - the work is not complete yet, the video is unlisted so this is the only link to it. We still have to catch and fix any errors and then collaborate with Keith on distributing the video per Tom's discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygW86_NBn4

I didn't have time to carefully look over timing of the subtitles, so that has to be checked for sure, when I find time. All the views on the video, at 22 so far are from me only ;) Funny that it actually counts that...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I've checked the timing of the subtitles and fixed a few minor issues, so it's up to other pairs of eyes to catch any translation issues.

I am comfortable with publishing as is under Keith's discretion, but I definitely yearn some feedback before the rubber meets the road. I can't wait to link this ; )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

It's been almost a week since the video was posted and so far I received no feedback on the of quality of the translation, so I am going to make the video public. You are welcome to provide any feedback at any time, make suggestions and corrections to be incorporated into the subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygW86_NBn4

Per my conversation with Keith, the video will stay on MBT Poland YouTube channel and be linked on Tom's channel's foreign section playlist.

We are be ready to get going on the next video that may surface soon from the LA lecture.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:46 am 
Normal User
Normal User

A quick feedback - being glad to emerge from the "mundane world".
The translation is v good. My suggestion is to place a comma before "że" in subsequent work
Otherwise keep going if you are ok with time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:12 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I've looked into this translation and I have some minor suggestions here and there:
Quote:
naprawdę miałem w tym czasie dwie kariery, miałem tą w fizyce i w praktycznie
>>
Tak naprawdę miałem w tym czasie dwie kariery, miałem tą w fizyce i w praktycznie
Quote:
było być badaczem świadomości żeby rzeczywiście doświadczyć i zbierać dane.
>>
było być badaczem świadomości żeby naprawdę doświadczyć rzeczywistość i zbierać dane.
Quote:
Co odkrywa się w MBT i dlaczego to tak nazwałeś?)
>>
Co obejmuje MBT i dlaczego to tak nazwałeś?)
Quote:
Ta fizyczna rzeczywistość jest naprawdę pod-zbiorem.
>>
Ta fizyczna rzeczywistość jest tak naprawdę pod-zbiorem.
Quote:
I powodem bycia tutaj i dokonywania wyborów jest taki że świadomość najlepiej może być przedstawiona
>>
I powodem bycia tutaj i dokonywania wyborów jest to że świadomość najlepiej może być przedstawiona

OR / LUB

I powod bycia tutaj i dokonywania wyborów jest taki że świadomość najlepiej może być przedstawiona
Quote:
Teraz tak, przeciwieństwem struktury jest przypadkowość.
>>
Przeciwieństwem struktury jest przypadkowość.
Quote:
Jak się okazuje, to co my tutaj robić, to dokonywać wyboru tak, żeby uczyć się i ewoluować
>>
Jak się okazuje, to co mamy tutaj robić, to dokonywać wyboru tak, żeby uczyć się i ewoluować
Quote:
Ciekawie, układ logiki, który wspiera nas w stawaniu się miłością, który faktycznie czyni
>>
I co ciekawe, układ logiki, który wspiera nas w stawaniu się miłością, który faktycznie czyni
Quote:
To jest ta różnica.
>>
To jest główna różnica.
Quote:
Teraz, kiedy to zostało zrobione przez wiele, wiele wieków.
>>
Robiono to przez wiele, wiele wieków.
These are pretty cosmetic so I leave it up to you whether to change something or not. You did a good job overall. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:05 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thank you so much! I will make those changes. In certain areas I did cut off short words like "So", "you see" etc. to save space as the subtitles roll quickly and the shorter the sentence, the easier it is to keep pace with it, but we won't lose much that much space by the corrections you've suggested Gerber, so I'll go through with them. The other ones I think add more clarity and professionalism so they're very welcome.

I'd also like to apologize for the punctuation errors - that is not my strong suit, so thanks for the feedback, I've already corrected the [, że] typos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:22 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi,

I now need to translate the phrase "at the being level", like in "changes must occur at the being level" and I am looking for a good Polish translation.
I don't think one can cover this by one word in Polish so
My suggestions:
1) na poziomie istoty jednostki świadomości
2) na poziomie esencji jednostki świadomości
3) na poziomie tego kim naprawdę jesteśmy - probably best for an introductory article
4) na poziomie jestestwa - a bit too lofty for 21st century

Looking forward to your help/contribution