Return Home
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:00 pm 
Curator
Curator

Please see if this post I recently made for someone is of help.
viewtopic.php?f=220&t=10455&p=96771&hil ... vel#p96771

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:41 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Hi,

I now need to translate the phrase "at the being level", like in "changes must occur at the being level" and I am looking for a good Polish translation.
I don't think one can cover this by one word in Polish so
My suggestions:
1) na poziomie istoty jednostki świadomości
2) na poziomie esencji jednostki świadomości
3) na poziomie tego kim naprawdę jesteśmy - probably best for an introductory article
4) na poziomie jestestwa - a bit too lofty for 21st century

Looking forward to your help/contribution
I think that option #4 is the truest one to the meaning, although it does sound posh and lofty when translated... So #3 isn't a bad choice - it's just not the most technically correct.

Here's some alternatives to consider:

- Poziom duszy
- natura osobista
- wewnetrzne ja
- poziom bytu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

I now need to translate the phrase "at the being level", like in "changes must occur at the being level" and I am looking for a good Polish translation.
I don't think one can cover this by one word in Polish so
My suggestions:
1) na poziomie istoty jednostki świadomości
2) na poziomie esencji jednostki świadomości
3) na poziomie tego kim naprawdę jesteśmy - probably best for an introductory article
4) na poziomie jestestwa - a bit too lofty for 21st century

Looking forward to your help/contribution
I think that option #4 is the truest one to the meaning, although it does sound posh and lofty when translated... So #3 isn't a bad choice - it's just not the most technically correct.

Here's some alternatives to consider:

- Poziom duszy
- natura osobista
- wewnetrzne ja
- poziom bytu

I like "poziom bytu" and will put 3) in brackets as first explanation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:48 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I also like "poziom bytu" most. What about the intellectual level? "poziom intelektu" or maybe "poziom rozumu"?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Jako ze pojęcia są bardzo związane, powinny mieć tą samą forme stylistyczną:

Myslec, rozumowac, pojmowac, czuć :
-na poziomie bytu
-na poziomie intelektu

-z poziomu bytu
-z poziomu intelektu

Ewentualnie:

-bytowo
-intelektualnie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:04 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Dear All,

I am happy to say that I am getting closer to completing an article for one of the leading Polish magazines dealing with "the unknown" :-)
One of the forum members is so kind to proof read the text before I send it to the magazine for approval.
I don't want to make any mistakes so I will be asking some questions to clarify things
So here is the first batch:
1) Does Tom have a PhD in experimental nuclear physics
2) How many videos are there with Tom on his channel? 400+ ?
3) Consciousness is a self modifying conscious system based on information. Question: Is the system information itself?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:23 pm 
Curator
Curator

1. Tom does not literally have a degree as a Ph. D./doctor of philosophy. Tom completed the work required to receive a doctorate as in taking the courses, passing them with a high grade level and taking the comprehensive tests given at the end as required as a near final stage. This is as I understand it. At this point as I understand things, he ran out of money to stay at the university so started working for a defense contractor. It is my general understanding that he started working with Bob Monroe at this time and putting all of this together, he never got around to completing the last stage required to obtain a Ph. D. which is to get your research finalized into a form as a dissertation that all of your supervisory committee will sign off on as a completed work. This is a major project in itself and nearly impossible to complete if you are not resident on campus. Most doctoral students who have to leave campus to work never get this final stage to get the magic piece of paper once they have to leave campus and start working to put food on the table.

I faced this problem myself but was able to do it as I was working for my father at his company and was given the leeway necessary to travel back to campus as needed and shepherd my dissertation through the last of the process of jumping all of the hurdles that are demanded to be jumped. So Tom has worked at a Ph. D. level for decades but does not have the magic piece of paper while I have the magic piece of paper but never worked at a Ph. D. level for money. In simple terms, Tom does not actually have a Doctorate for the reasons as described above.

2. I understand there to be 400+ and increasing videos in Tom's YouTube channel and in other sources on the Internet. If you want more accurate information than that, you can probably get a definitive answer from Tom's Events web site which is managed by Donna and Keith. Here is the link: https://www.mbtevents.com/home.html You might look near the top of the Index page of the board to find links to basically all of the rest to Tom Campbell's world.

3. Lastly consciousness is a self modifying information system. The system consists of information and information is all that ultimately exists. This is pretty much the formal description but Tom might have a more definitive one. Do you want me to try to find out or is this sufficient?

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:31 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thank you Ted - this is all I need. I might be back once HJK_V01 has read through and commented on the article draft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:56 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

One more question regarding Tom's career:
If I understand correctly Tom worked for army technical intelligence?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:33 pm 
Curator
Curator

I have never heard specifically about what any of his jobs were. I believe they would all have been classified so he does not speak of them, until he worked for NASA as a consultant after his general retirement which was not classified in that way. I thought that his jobs basically involved defensive rocketry in some form or other and remember hearing nothing about intelligence, although that would of course also been classified so again not spoken of. The generality I have always understood was that all of his work in his regular career involved defense, like defensive rockets to defend against ICBMs or other 'incoming' rockets. Someone once accused him of working in weapons research and he did then clarify that he only worked in defensive type rocketry as a matter of choice, not wishing to work on offensive rocketry. This is my understanding in any case.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

This is to let you know that I had a call from the Chief Editor and Owner of Nieznany Swiat (The Unknown World) Magazine, who informed me that the article about Tom and MBT has been approved! Although it is going to take some time we are heading for a publication within the next few months.

I would like to thank all the Forum Members, who supported me in the undertaking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:58 pm 
Curator
Curator

Congratulations on getting your project moving along. I'm sure that Tom Campbell appreciates your efforts and I will make him aware of your continuing success.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:54 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I can't wait to actually see it in print/online. It is a great introduction to MBT and a very straight forward summary as I read through the draft ; ) Makes me really excited to think that more Poles will find out about MBT : )

I hope the magazine's chief editor forwards you the feedback they get after the publication.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:33 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi all,

I finished a second general introduction video supplied by Keith from MBT Events that was taken from 20 minutes of Tom talking at the beginning of 2016 MBT L.A. event which was mainly to introduce Tom's physics experiments that will test MBT's veracity in understanding the mechanics behind VR.

https://youtu.be/CfASSMkFHYc

It is very general in scope and won't give much of any detail, but if any Polish people in academia get interested, it could be very profound.