Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Growing up
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 pm 

Hello Members,

I just recently started listening to Tom Campbell’s YouTube videos. I was led to them by an interest in Dr. Bruce Lipton and his model of Epigentics.

My habit tends to be more of right brain usage, but I have found that to be a hindrance when trying to logically understand and recreate experiences I have had.

I have been very lucky to have experienced two very intense episodes of what I now know are states of low entropy.

The first occurred during a very violent and traumatic period, one minute I was hysteric, I heard a voice telling me to “grow up” and in an instant I did. For the next 6 months I lived in a state of love and compassion , psi abilities just opened and I was able to peacefully extract myself from a very dangerous situation. Then when I returned to a regular life, entropy increased and I lost my psi abilities.

I never really thought about that experience until many years later when I was able to “create “ the same experience through two years of dedicated qigong and meditation practice. My entropy dropped and I felt such gratitude for just having been born, I was living in heaven every day.

I truly thought that I had been able to transform the “being” me until I had a change of profession, moved to Asia, and had no time for qigong practice. My entropy grew so high, I just didn’t understand, life sucked and I didn’t want any part of it anymore. It had been my decision for change and it seemed so unfair that making a living and being happy at the same time seemed impossible.

You cannot begin to believe the relief I felt when I listened to Tom explain the nature of entropy and the tendency for the level to rise if not constantly worked on. I realized that I had chosen these changes because you just cannot stay in one state, the only constant is change, Tao Te Ching, I grew up again!

Not just having these states happen to me, with a feeling like I am at the mercy of environment has really helped me to understand how it all works.

Tom’s metaphors of VR and computer language have engaged my left brain, enabling me to get a really good understanding that things are all functions, without emotions arising to confuse. It has also helped me in creating a strategy to lower my entropy again, his terminology might sound cold to a lot of right brained people, but if you pay attention to the content, it is just what Lao Tzu, Confucius, and the Buddha say. That is why it felt so true to me.

I just felt the need to express my happiness in finding Tom and his model, and the clear and clean way it is presented.

Ever working to grow up,
Leda

Post subject: Re: Growing up
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm glad you found MBT and the forum Leda. And thanks for writing about some of your history.

I think what you experienced was more in the way of an awakening than instantly lowering your entropy. Tom defines entropy as: A Consciousness increases or decreases its entropy according to the quality of the information it creates [does the information move the Consciousness toward love based intents and choices (high quality) or toward fear-based intents and choices (low quality)]. Moving toward love based intents facilitates positive evolution while Moving toward fear based intents facilitates de-evolution of the Consciousness.
http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... 13&start=0

So you raise, or lower, your entropy through a long process of interactions between other beings. And throughout a lifetime entropy can raise and lower slightly. But significantly changing the quality of your consciousness happens after many lifetimes. Rarely do we change our QoC, (Quality of Consciousness,) a great deal in one life. But that can happen. It would be very rare, and almost impossible, to change instantly.

But the nudge you got did seem to give you the jolt you needed to start being more aware of the choices you were making. And really it is the Intent behind your choices that are the clue to who you are at the being level. And as you found out, it is a constant process of working on your Intents to make better choices and continue lowering your entropy.

So, I congratulate you on your awakenings and your continuing efforts to make better choices. That is what all of us here are also trying to do.

Here is what Tom recommends to increase QoC:

What’s the purpose of life? Well, the purpose of existence is to grow up, to become love… get rid of your fear and ego. That’s the purpose. That’s why we’re here and this is our schoolhouse. How do you go about doing that? You do it with your intent. You make choices. You have 1,000 choices to make every day, and particularly I’m talking about the choices you have with interactions with other people. You can make those choices in a way that helps you evolve, moves you toward love, lowers your entropy… increases the value of your information; or you can make choices that can go in the other way… de-evolve, they go the way of fear, go the way of self centeredness, ego. Those things de-evolve you and increase your entropy. So, we get these choices and we get feedback immediately. If we have a fear based life, we generally get kind of unhappy, we’re not too pleased, life is difficult and unpleasant. So that’s the feedback trying to tell you wake up and go the other direction.

Yes, there is too much to learn (at the being level), too much growth required to accomplish it all in a single PMR lifetime. X may be larger or smaller based on how quickly and effectively you are able to learn. Maximizing your growth rate - the evolution of your consciousness -- requires three mutually interdependent things to work together -- much like the mutual interdependence of wisdom, experience, and knowledge as discussed above.

The first is awareness. Awareness of yourself, of your intent, of your consciousness, of your fear, ego, and beliefs, of your potential choices, of what is important and what is not, of how you interact with your environment. Awareness of your environment including other people, being present in the moment, being aware of what others are thinking and feeling, as well as of their needs and how you might affect them, being aware of a larger reality and your place and function in it, of where you are going and how you are going to get there. Awareness of the dynamics of relationship from the perspective of the big picture. That is a lot of awareness to develop.

The second is to let go of fear and ego (wants needs, desires, beliefs, and expectations) -- from this, competency, focus, trust, and effectiveness develops to allow the being to optimize the productivity of its interactions and understand the purpose of its existence.

The third is to embrace change and uncertainty -- make a constant and consistent effort to change, to grow up, to internalize, absorb, integrate, and organize the results of one and two above into a new way of being, a new perspective. a new reality in which a new you exists. Your reality evolves and expands as you evolve and expand. This last one requires a long term view, a desire to improve yourself more than your situation, gumption, stick-to-itiveness, drive, energy, and focus over a lifetime.

That's all. A short list. Get all that done and you will maximize the value of your daily experience and be off to a good start.

http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... ate#p12690

Post subject: Re: Growing up
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:36 pm 

Hello Sainbury,

Thank you for your reply, I have been chewing on it for several days and it makes much more sense when I look at my experiences as awakenings. It makes me look at them as doorways leading in to making changes in myself. I think that it was because the ones I described above were so dramatic for me, I have overlooked the more steak and potatoes every day ones that are happening all of the time.

Thank you for copying Tom’s explanations, the last part especially where he mentions “a desire to improve yourself more than your situation “. That is what I need to remember.

Many many thanks,
Leda