Return Home
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:30 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:10 am 

Greetings Folks... I am a 64 year old father of 5 kids living in Stafford, VA. I was showing my son the Double Slit Experiment and the off-shoot improved experiments that have come from it -- like the Quantum Eraser, etc. and we are both blown away with the fact that the nature of reality isn't at all what we believe it is. We came across Tom Campbell's videos on YouTube and they seemed whacky at first but something brought me back to them to rewatch and they had a ring of truth to them. Slowly they became less whacky and I realized the wackiness said something more about my adherence to various belief systems. The videos are mind expanding and I just ordered the 3-set trilogy in hardback for my son and challenging him to read the whole thing cover-to-cover along with me. We will both go back and re-read pages/paragraphs until we comprehend completely and then initial the bottom of each page as we go. I am only through the preface for intro stuff and at Chapter 1 and waiting for him to catch up.

Should be great... I see the TOE as potentially the Scientific Bible. I guess I will find out. I see notes from various people stating that knowing and truly comprehending the content of MBT will change a person somehow. I don't see how that can happen... I already had a sense we could very well be in a sort of "Matrix" (like the movie) and the Double Slit experiment and off-shoot elaborations have pointed to that as true. I like the use of "Virtual Reality" and "Virtual World" and reject the use of "Simulation" as in "Simulation Theory" because a simulation is a model of something that was real, is real, or may be real and what we are in I think is not a simulation of anything -- it is our reality. It is as real as it gets. The reading and understanding of these books will be an adventure -- I just wish I had discovered them much earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum JayD!

Both you and your son is lucky to have someone so close to share this journey of understanding the MBT model. I am sure you will have fun with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome Jay & son.

To fully understand the MBT theory you will have to undergo a few paradigm changes. I predict you will have some, "Oh my goodness!" moments. Book One is pretty easy. Book Two and Three are not.

Here is a shortcut to the theory from Tom:

1). The only thing that is fundamental is consciousness – all else is virtual.
2). Consciousness is a self modifying evolving digital information system.
3). The consciousness system is finite and imperfect.
4). Physical reality is a virtual reality.
5). There are many virtual reality frames and we exist in several of them.
6). Physical and non physical are not fundamental – it is only a matter of perspective.
7). Evolution criteria, Love, and spiritual growth are all defined in terms of entropy a measurable quantity.
8). There are three data bases: The Probable Future data base; the past data base (all that did happen); and the data base of all the probabilities that might have happened but didn’t.
9). There is no such thing as an objective reality – all reality is interpreted. Light, energy, energy bodies, guides, chakras, oversoul, higher self, Reiki symbols, acupuncture technique, Ouija boards, pendulum oracles, I Ching, etc. are all metaphors/tools – consciousness is the only active ingredient.
10). The paranormal is perfectly normal.
11). Quantum Mechanics is derivable from first principles.
12). Physics and metaphysics become one understanding.
13). Metaphysics, philosophy and theology all become transparent and one can easily see and derive the threads of Big Truth that run through them. These are just the tip of the iceberg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

JayD,

You took the red pill :))) congrats.. 1 tip is when you finish the book, practice and let the info soak in for a few weeks. When you are on your 2nd read you will see and understand things in a greater way like you are reading it for the first time. I have to say that it is awesome you and your son are reading it together, anytime my son saw me get upset at anything he would comment my ego was acting up :)) , he seemed to enjoy pointing it out :)) which did make me pause and think about the situation I was in.

Have a great adventure...

-Toby