Return Home
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:06 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Tom's Quotes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I love this one especially, it's from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuNj1wQpmfk

"If you're not having a good time, it's not that life sucks, my job sucks, the world sucks... y'know you just can't have a good time. Really what sucks is your attitude. Really what sucks is your reality and how you define it. It's not the larger reality, it's not really all those people you interact with, that are the problem. The problem is yourself, you need to outgrow the ego."

I love that one... I love how he says it too. LoL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yeah, very nice work!

marketing idea...

buy use of an appropriate email "spam" list and send a "quote of the day" with a link to Tom's website or the forum

if someone was willing to do the legwork for this, I would be willing to kick in some money for use of the list (depending on cost)...I wonder if there are any public domain lists out there

perhaps some would think spam lists are unethical in principle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I love this one especially, it's from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuNj1wQpmfk

"If you're not having a good time, it's not that life sucks, my job sucks, the world sucks... y'know you just can't have a good time. Really what sucks is your attitude. Really what sucks is your reality and how you define it. It's not the larger reality, it's not really all those people you interact with, that are the problem. The problem is yourself, you need to outgrow the ego."

I love that one... I love how he says it too. LoL
nice one!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everything about that clip is awesome, my only complaint is, it's too short! Is there more of that interview somewhere available?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
marketing idea...

buy use of an appropriate email "spam" list and send a "quote of the day" with a link to Tom's website or the forum

if someone was willing to do the legwork for this, I would be willing to kick in some money for use of the list (depending on cost)...I wonder if there are any public domain lists out there

perhaps some would think spam lists are unethical in principle
Definitely not my style, but the data is out there and readily available for anyone who cared to initiate such a project.

I'm of the belief that this should not be forced on anyone. They will seek it out if they want it, or they will find it the way they are meant to. Seekers tend to find what they need, whether or not it is what they are looking for.

I had to actively go out and search my Notes from the Universe and Conversations with God daily quotes, and deliberately signed up for them and enjoy them every day, but anything that comes to me unsolicited gets marked and reported as SPAM. Blech. I consider it a total invasion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:46 am 

Not a quote from Tom but certainly a quote that fits by what Tom has spoken of :

"Of what I know, I have told you only a little. Why have I not told you the rest? Because it would not help lead you to Nirvana."
— Teachings of the Buddha