Tom's Quotes

mpeniak
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tom's Quotes

Post by mpeniak »

Dear all,

I am looking for a list of Tom's quotes. I intend to add his quotes to my website, could anyone help me find them please?

Regards,
m
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
www.martinpeniak.com
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Tom's Quotes

Post by bette »

One of my favorites is, "Your belief systems limit your reality to a sub-set of the solution space that does not contain the answer", and I believe one of Peter's favorites to be, "Expectations are beliefs" although I may be paraphrasing. Going through the "best threads" posts in the archival forums to pull out those groups of words that have special meaning to you, or that you think others will interpret close to how you interpret the words seems like a useful activity. There are a large number of twcjr posts here that are all direct quotes from Tom, there is the trilogy since the entire thing is a big quote, there are the radio interviews, and there will be your personal contact and opportunities to help create quotes by asking the questions, participating in the communication process thereby helping shape the resulting quotes, soon where you are in the UK when going face to face with Tom (how exciting, by the way). I don't know if I could imagine Tom saying, "don't quote me on that", but if he ever did I would say everything else he (or any of us, it is in the quality or wisdom) says is a quote if you use it as a quote.

Actually I noticed the quotes you have on your website Martin. I've always wanted a bit of software that would put random signatures/quotes in my emails from a list I design as I've always found quotes interesting, I collect them.
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

mpeniak,

Try searching for a list of Tom's posts in the search function at the top of the index page. This will give you more than you will likely know what to do with. So instead, put a key word in that field and search for Tom as author. You will still have to do some looking to find what you want. If you find something that you believe should be listed in the Best postings sections, let me know so I can link to it or copy it there. It would be nice if you put a full reference with the quotations or perhaps a link back to their origin. Include Tom's name and a reference to My Big TOE.

Ted
mpeniak
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mpeniak »

The quotes are going to be here: http://www.martinpeniak.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=45
So far I have added two. This is a place for you to list your favorite ones, I will then add them to the site above.

m
www.martinpeniak.com
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

What's up Martin!

I got some for your collection:

Tom: "I try to emulate icebergs -- go with the flow and show as little as possible."

Note: This one was said in a context which has a special meaning to NPMR explorers.

From chapter 89 (book3):

Title of chapter: "You must climb the mountain to get a good view"

At the beginning of the same chapter: "A man who will not leave his room because he does not know how, or is afraid to open the door, is trapped just the same whether or not the door is locked".

Later,

Claudio
Last edited by soprano on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Hi Martin:

In a PM I asked a question regarding: "No soldier left behind" in the sense of leaving loved ones behind to pursue evolution. Some quotes from Tom's encouraging answer to me below:

Main one was at the end of his PM to me:

"Simply walk fearlessly with love into whatever comes and everything will come out right. The larger consciousness system takes care of its own - no soldier is left behind."

I find this one great.

From same PM I will like to share:

"Not only do you have responsibility for your own growth, but as you succeed past a certain point, you also have responsibility to help others succeed. The student becomes a teacher for those who are struggling with things that the teacher has mastered -- yet he remains a student for there is always more to learn and more to give."

"Do not worry about the future, it will come upon you gradually and only as you are ready for it - there are no big bumps or sudden transitions - you grow gradually from one stage to the next. Everything will open and become available as you need it and can profitably use it (not necessarily as you want it), no loose ends will be left flapping about. Your transitions will not come at the expense of others. All evolution is generally optimized for the system, not for individuals. Individuals do not evolve at the system's expense - we are all one. The whole system is evolving."

I add this one with the similarities with "country":

"It is not what One Love can do for you but what you can do for One Love" (Claudio Soprano)

One Love sounds better than "the system".

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Me again! I am with my daughter and another student with laptops in a WiFi at Panera Bread. So while waiting for them to finish their 9th grade project ...

I found this on page 770, same chapter 89, book 3:

"My intent is to set your mind free to find truth, not to pile on another layer of belief on top of what you already have, or replace one of your current beliefs with a new one. Freedom - spiritual, emotional, and intellectual freedom - provides the necessary environment for learning. Open minded skepticism is the primary tool you will need to maintain a free mind capable of significant evolutionary progress."

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

... and you thought you were going to get rid of me so easily.

Page 775:

"Just go do it" (almost like Nike :)

"Begin to understand your beliefs and their limitations. Inspect your ego regularly to see if it is growing or shrinking and expose some of its more blatant fantasies in yourself, then to your loved ones and finally to your friends. Dedicate some of your energy every day to finding and verifying the truth. Become aware of your motivations and intents. Turn off the TV and get acquainted with your mind. Learn to meditate (see Chapter 23, Book1). Be kind and loving in all your interactions with others. Stop thinking about yourself and your wants, needs and desires. Figure out what your fears are and outgrow them. And above all, continue to objectively taste that pudding to see how you are doing. Only real measurable, bona fide objective results are acceptable. If you do not get results that you, as well as others, can easily see after a serious six-month effort, do something else. Be patient, real progress takes serious dedication over a long time.
Have fun always.
Just go do it. You don't need to know how!"

So go execute! Just go do it! No excuses!

Claudio

mpeniak
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mpeniak »

Great stuff Bette and Claudio, thank you very much for your efforts!
I am going to update my site.

Ciao,
m
www.martinpeniak.com
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

2 more Tom's quotes:

From page 786 of Trilogy (Book 3, Ch. 91):

"An AUM-digital-consciousness-system-thing could not possibly be the larger and more fundamental reality because it is not exclusively manifested as a physical substance in the little virtual physical reality. Can you imagine a more illogical and irrational belief?"

From page 795 of Trilogy (Book 3, Ch. 91):

"That a million smart people say "yes" is not a good reason for you to say "yes" if you do not have the experience and understanding to support it. Determining truth is not a democratic process ruled by the majority. It is also not something that someone else can do for you. Do not let these smart people sway you to agree with them simply because they are smart."

Claudio

mpeniak
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mpeniak »

Thanks Claudio, keep them coming :)
www.martinpeniak.com
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

Source: Hillary Raimo of The Path:Afterlife, and Mind, Body, & Spirit Talk Radio interviewing Tom on Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 8pm EDT.

Context: The "unfortunate" term "out of body experience" oobe as coined by Bob Monroe.

"It's not about the body; you are consciousness. That's what you are. Your consciousness is already out of your body. You don't need to get out of your body, you just need to get into your consciousness."~Tom Campbell

Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Good one Bette!

Insegrievious

Post by Insegrievious »

"Absolutes in communication are reflections of ego."

"We do whatever comes to us at the moment -- what we do matters little -- the intent behind the doing is an expression of our being that matters much. The feedback from the doing informs the quality of the being to modify its intent -- this is the bootstrap by which we pull ourselves up."

"If it is not your truth, based on your experience, then don't believe it -- Remain skeptical and open minded. Whether it is true or not is the wrong question."

"There is but one truth, however there are many expressions of it."

"After we grow up enough, we no longer need pain to get our attention -- we learn to continue growing while remaining happy and positive because we understand the nature of existence -- we already know what really matters and why. Our capacity to love and to give expands without being prodded by pain and misfortune."

"The bottom line is that the larger consciousness system is designed and constructed to support your personal growth in every and any way that could possibly be effective for you. It will not help you experience things that are likely to increase your entropy -- you do enough of that yourself."

"In short, Believe Nothing, Explore Everything, Know what you Know. Know More."

"The ideal is to turn intellectual beliefs into knowledge based on direct experience."

"Fundamental assumptions in general and scientific assumptions in particular are so hard to overturn because they are based on belief. Beliefs are so hard to overcome because they are irrational and therefore do not yield to logical argument."
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Good quotes Insegrievious!

Claudio

Return to “Raves - Positive Opinion”