Return Home
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:13 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After many years of mostly unsuccessful attempts at experiencing a so-called "OBE" based on the concept of "leaving" my body I've suddenly, and quite surprisingly I might add, experienced great success by doing the exact opposite! That is to say, instead of trying to 'leave' my body I actually focus on going deeper into it. I prelude this exercise by completely relaxing my physical body through the process of imagining myself as being a stick of butter that is gradually melting away on a hot summer day. I initially envision myself as becoming softer & softer ...then incrementally accelerate the procedure of melting away slowly while diving continuously ever deeper into my core being. I then pick up the pace of my 'dissolution' by imagining myself becoming a buttery liquid until that moment wherein I inevitably fall asleep.

After doing so, I invariably wake up into incredibly vivid lucid dreams! Dreams so real I can actually see, touch, taste, smell and hear things so well as to render them completely indistinguishable from actual PMR experiences! In fact the level of detail can sometimes even surpass that of PMR! I also find myself interacting with other "beings" in sometimes incredibly meaningful ways! One curious aspect of these "dreams" is that no matter how seemingly outrageous or off-the-wall the current situation I find myself in may apparently be, I rarely (although sometimes I do) ever question them but rather just choose to just naturally 'play along' with whatever is happening. Sometimes afterwards I've woken up in cold sweats due to the frightfulness of the occurrences. Other times I came 'back' with a smile on my face and a feeling of great achievement due to my interactions ..but whatever the situation I usually subsequently wake up thinking "Now THAT was incredible!" or occasionally "WTF?" ..depending on what happened during the "dream". Regardless of the particular experience, my overall impression is almost always usually "Jesus Henry Christ ...THAT was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!"

I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried and/or had success with this approach of going INTO the body in lieu of the more traditional efforts to get OUT of it?

Last edited by Somebody on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As an addendum to my previous post I wanted to share the following resource with others, The Frank Kepple Resource to be precise. I found it to be very useful. I've asked Tom directly about Frank Kepple's "phasing" concept and Tom agreed that it was a workable, viable metaphor for enabling "OBE's". Check it out! Or don't. It's not like I'm working on commission here😊

Briefly described; "Phasing, therefore, entails initiating a 180-degree phase shift between the physical and the non-physical realms of reality. The way this is done is rather different from the traditional ways of initiating an “out of body” experience. In fact, Phasing does not incorporate any kind of out of body feelings at all. The normal bodily vehicle can remain and all that changes is a person’s environment."

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Somebody,
Quote:
I might add, experienced great success by doing the exact opposite! That is to say, instead of trying to 'leave' my body I actually focus on going deeper into it.
Yes I personally do this on a regular basis and it has been statistically the most successful approach over the last 588 instances.

Live life as it comes, try not to focus on OBE. Que sera, sera... As Tom says, live in the moment, however appreciate the remote possibility that it exists.

During REM, I personally find myself quite alert and fully aware of the fact that all the images, tactile sensations I experience are not of my everyday PMR frame.

The instinctive reflex I have formed, it so mentally "press myself down within myself". I simply passivate, mentally blank out and "shift inwards". This is how I "grab" and intensify the Vibration State to the point where Data Stream shifts are automatic. A more detailed sequence of events follows:

1) I lay in bed, relaxed and hypnagogic
2) Ambient light behind closed eyelids suddenly darkens
3) I perceive a sudden "neutrality" of being.
4) My tinnitus shifts from approx 7KHz down to approx 1KHz and becomes a lout metallic warbling
5) The Vibration State rapidly follows 4.
6) I mentally "press myself down within myself" to intensify the Vibrations
7) "Separation"/DS shift is usually automatic
8) Emergence within a new reality frame
9) Immediately interact with the new Reality Frame to "solidify it"
10) Vision comes slowly
11) Head off and do what I had planned.

I hope this helps you,

Sincerely,

~Martin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
As an addendum to my previous post I wanted to share the following resource with others, The Frank Kepple Resource to be precise. I found it to be very useful. I've asked Tom directly about Frank Kepple's "phasing" concept and Tom agreed that it was a workable, viable metaphor for enabling "OBE's". Check it out! Or don't. It's not like I'm working on commission here😊

Briefly described; "Phasing, therefore, entails initiating a 180-degree phase shift between the physical and the non-physical realms of reality. The way this is done is rather different from the traditional ways of initiating an “out of body” experience. In fact, Phasing does not incorporate any kind of out of body feelings at all. The normal bodily vehicle can remain and all that changes is a person’s environment."

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html
I also know it for years now (being a member of the Pulse myself) and can say for me it is one of the best write-ups about the topic of OBE and reality frames.

Regarding "inner body projection": I had visualisations of my Chakras a few times which was awesome.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Hi Somebody,

The instinctive reflex I have formed, it so mentally "press myself down within myself". I simply passivate, mentally blank out and "shift inwards".

~Martin

Yep! That's what seems to work for me as well. I particularly like the way you express the concept; "I mentally "press myself down within myself". I came across the technique almost entirely by accident, as "pressing myself within my self" is an exercise I acquired from Eckhart Tolle, who recommends it as a method to ground oneself mentally & emotionally. He calls it; "Going deep within oneself" or "Becoming still". Tolle however recommends this exercise for when one is awake. The twist -as far as helping me to have an "OBE"- came when I decided to try to apply the technique whilst going to 'sleep'.

Frank Kepple's concept of initiating a 180-degree phase shift between the physical and the non-physical realms of reality was also vastly useful in helping me round-out the overall concept in a way that my intellect could understand & accept. Bribing my mind by feeding it conceptually logical metaphors that it can somewhat understand & accept are usually the best key to get it to lower its guard long enough for me to get past its otherwise constant attempts to impose limitations. I call it "sneaking past my mind".
But shhh...let's not let it find out what I've been up to!😊

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I forgot to add one important comment which I will now detail for the benefit of anyone potentially attempting to replicate my newfound success with the "turning inward" focus and it is this: I was not purposely trying to experience an "OBE" at the time ..I was merely having trouble with falling asleep due to some muscle soreness and thus trying to relax myself by becoming "still" and "inner focused".
In point of fact I had actually given-up on trying to "force" myself into having an OBE for quite some time already as I figured -thanks in great part to an answer provided by Tom when he responded to one of my Fireside Chat questions- that it would spontaneously happen all by itself when the time was right. So instead I have focused my time on trying to become "authentic' during these last few weeks. I mean I've been working on the concept for quite a while now but it was during the last few weeks that I really dove into the effort.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Frank Kepple's concept of initiating a 180-degree phase shift between the physical and the non-physical realms of reality was also vastly useful in helping me round-out the overall concept in a way that my intellect could understand & accept.
That being the case, you might also consider looking a it from a Complex Number perspective. Phase is relative and considering one reality frame with reference to another is a bit difficult for many people to digest, so I reduced it to a complex number plane which makes it a little more mentally palatable... A bit easier to mentally visualise the complex number plane instead of orthogonal /anti-phase realities...

Ultimately, just metaphors for the same thing...
Quote:
I also know it for years now (being a member of the Pulse myself) and can say for me it is one of the best write-ups about the topic of OBE and reality frames.
Frank Kepple did post some very interesting work and its very valuable in giving people a glimpse at what is possible. His tools may not be for everybody however because he appears to approach it from a perspective which Michael Raduga would describe as "Direct" methods (No prior sleep). For people who want to experience it for the first time, failure and subsequent frustration is often the case. Then one day you exclaim "Screw it!". You give up and in the next week, it punches you in the face.
Quote:
So instead I have focused my time on trying to become "authentic' during these last few weeks.
Sounds like a great path to be on...

Sincerely all the best in your travels,

~Martin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Somebody,

Martin ,alerted me to the thread and great news about your recent OBE activity...

I am very happy for you my friend :)

I hope you will continue to post here , and update us how you are progressing with your NPMR experiences ..

I do not have Martin's depth of NPMR experiences, but I have had some activity in this area myself. I will try to contribute where I feel i can ..

all the Best,

Brian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Frank Kepple did post some very interesting work and its very valuable in giving people a glimpse at what is possible. His tools may not be for everybody however because he appears to approach it from a perspective which Michael Raduga would describe as "Direct" methods (No prior sleep). For people who want to experience it for the first time, failure and subsequent frustration is often the case. Then one day you exclaim "Screw it!". You give up and in the next week, it punches you in the face.
Above in my post I did not refer to any of his methods, but rather the model he proposes which is what the link Somebody gave (http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html) is mostly about. I also use only indirect methods since direct does not work for me except for meditation or relaxation.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is a very old thread in the forum initiated by JoshM, going way back to January of 2008, where Tom briefly talks about Frank Kepple. In the first post, the link to the Astral Pulse web site works, however, I received a "page not found" reply when trying the other two links.

Anyway, it's an interesting thread. Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2589

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
There is a very old thread in the forum initiated by JoshM, going way back to January of 2008, where Tom briefly talks about Frank Kepple. In the first post, the link to the Astral Pulse web site works, however, I received a "page not found" reply when trying the other two links.

Anyway, it's an interesting thread. Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2589
Excellent job finding & sharing that old resource with us Mike! I found it very interesting reading. It was also a pleasant surprise (for me at least) to note that there was a time when Tom would participate more actively with and answer questions in the MBT Forum himself! I realize he's a busy man and that he now answers questions in the Fireside Chats venue, but having him present in the forums on a day to day basis would really be a godsend ..er, I mean LCSsend ..whatever.😊

I wonder whatever became of Frank Kepple himself? He seems to have dropped off the map sometime around the mid 2000's.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is an interesting discussion in the Astral Pulse forum (April-May, 2015) about what might have happened to Frank Kepple. The thread is entitled, "My Search For Frank Kepple," and is at this link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... 722.0.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:59 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

It is common among many people when trying to go out of body to fail. Tom has covered many key elements / reasons as to why. I'ts the " going somewhere " people seem also to get stuck in a belief trap. There is no body , its virtual we are already out of body. In my early days I would try all sorts of methods from books etc. But I have to agree with Tom on this one. He mentions perhaps one of the best ways in meditation.

But medication can be very hard from some.
I just come across an old post I wirote when someone asked me about Meditation.
Quote:
WAYS TO MEDITATE( One method does not suit all/ Mix it up/ If it
works, do more of it/ If it Doesn't work change it/ Nothing works take a break for a while and try later) (
There is no right or wrong)

It is important to note that your conscious awareness defines your personal reality, each and
every one of us have a unique perspective dependent on the quality of our own consciousness.
Expansion on the First Component
Initially, your meditation practice will lead you to be able to focus in the moment.
Affect of Meditation on the Brain
This is because at the physical level the act of meditation stimulates the part of the brain that is
concerned with focus and attention. As the blood flow to this area is increased, you become
‘brighter’ more able to cope, daily tasks become easier
Cessation of Obsessive Rumination Through Meditation
Obsessive rumination about the past and constant worry about the future also starts to slow to a
halt giving you more headspace to apply yourself to the now.

Living in the Moment

Eastern Traditions have always extolled the virtue of learning to live in the moment through
meditative practice.
If your focus is on what you are doing, rather than attempting a task or interacting with people
whilst your thoughts are elsewhere, then obviously you are going to perform better.
More Personal Control
Meditation gives you more personal control over yourself. Just think for a moment of the energy
it takes to ruminate over an issue, a person or some future or past event... How can you
possibly optimize the processing of information received in the present?
As you practice daily meditation, the noise to sound ratio will start to reduce.
Method One: Mantra
A mantra is a repetitious sound – some nonsensical word – that distracts the over
indulgent mind from chattering by replacing it with a less distracting sound.
Lyz find 5-10 mins per day. To start with. Lay or sit in and close eyes and practice one of these. Each time
another thought comes to mind acknowledge the thought as just a thought and come back to the
mantra.
Some great tried and tested ones are:
“sehr-ring”, “da room”, “ra-zing”, “ca-ouhn”, “sah-roon” and “sher-loom”.
The idea is to mentally repeat any ONE of these and let the last syllable ring out.
If you don’t resonate with a two-syllable mantra then here is a chant (string of syllables).
“ah-lum-bar-dee-dum – ah-lum-baa di dum”.
When the “bar and the “baa” regularly interchange themselves effortlessly you have got
it.

It is important to note that these are sounds not worked and carry no intellectual
meaning. The point of the exercise is to quiet your operative intellect so that you
can experience consciousness directly by the variations, comparisons and
contrasts that your ego-intellect imposes upon consciousness.
Method Two: Visualization
The visualization doesn’t have to be crystal clear.
Choose a shape circle, square, triangle, cylinder.
Start to visualize that shape in a color of your choice and then start very gradually to
change the color (anything you like) very slowly make the change and then start to
rotate the shape.
As you are rotating the shape and changing between colors watch it very intensely,
each time a thought comes into your mind, re focus on the shape.
Think of absolutely nothing but the slow rotating motion and color change of the shape.
Don’t force anything; let the shape do its thing

Once You Have Chosen Your Method

The practice is going to take twenty minutes twice daily and you can build up to that so
you can start with five or ten minutes twice daily, what ever suits you best.
A profitable way to approach meditation is to actually not think about it at all, just do it
making absolutely sure that you keep expectations out of the scenario completely.
Some students find it difficult to concentrate at first and have the twice daily practice like
taking medicine; this has been helpful for them.
What ever it takes to build up to 20 minutes two times a day so that it sits and fits nicely
into your daily schedule is good.

Try to get a dedicated space – this helps in the beginning – some people set their alarm
earlier and do it in bed, some get out and do it on a sofa... what ever suits you is good.
Being undisturbed and comfortable is what you are after.
Set a soft alarm – the harp sound on most mobile phones is good.
Decide on the time that you are going to try for 5,10, 15 or 20 mins, set the alarm.
Loosen clothing, sit or lie down – you may want a cover – and close your eyes.
Have no expectations the only goal, for the moment is to remove all extraneous
thoughts from your mind until there is nothing but total silence.
Relax and have fun with this. Any tension defeats the object.
Most importantly remember that what you are trying to do is not to do anything at all.

Limitations to meditation

The only limitations to meditation practice, increasing the quality of your consciousness
and consciousness exploration are Fear, Ego, Beliefs (personal and Cultural) and
inexperience.
The latter is of course taken care of by practicing, repetition always makes us feel more
at ease and helps dispel fears, this goes with any kind of practice.
Fears which we all suffer from, are significantly reduced by facing them squarely, easier
said than done but true non the less and, as meditation activates the part of the brain
that deals with focus and attention, practice gives you the focus to deal with unwanted
obstacles like fear.

Ego will evaporate as you conquer your fears.

Beliefs which are very personal for each of us are so deeply ingrained that often they
are almost impossible to notice.

What ever you decide, once the practice is over try not to intellectualize what ever
occurred.
You cannot do this wrong, if you fall asleep, don’t worry about it, next time try making a mental
or verbal affirmation to keep awake.
If you struggle with trying to keep up daily practice leave it for a while until you are ready
to make the commitment. Often thinking about something enough will eventually lead to
the firm intention to action it.
The fear of not being able to employ the discipline to be able to practice daily can be
used as a catalyst to actually being.
Through the mental repetition of a mantra, eventually my chattering monkey mind recedes,
gently banishing concerns of the past and drawing the inner eye away from speculation and
want.
Music
Listening to relaxing music can certainly lead to a meditative state, again the point is to
relax and empty the mind until all mental processes have halted. Choose a piece that
you love, ethereal and melodic can be helpful as can simple rainfall, wave sounds or
birdsong all of which can be purchased nowadays in various retail outlets and online.
END

That said I think those that meditate x2 daily for 20 mins x 3 months will notice positive change

Best wishes
Darren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
There is an interesting discussion in the Astral Pulse forum (April-May, 2015) about what might have happened to Frank Kepple. The thread is entitled, "My Search For Frank Kepple," and is at this link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... 722.0.html
You sir, would have made one heck of a detective!😊

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:29 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Congratulations! I've had a similar experience among trying for a long time, but only experiencing it profoundly after giving up. Good luck with your explorations. :)