Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: physical effects
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have been meditating for several years, return frequently to the trilogy as well as reading and watching other people's takes on the subject of spiritual growth in the hope and expectation of catching glimpses of the Bigger Picture. Sorry to say they have eluded me so far. (Well I know Tom says it could take years and years but some of us don't have that luxury:)

But my question is about the possible physical effects of studying and practising MBT. For some time now I have noticed a heightened sensitivity to electrical gadgets. Sometimes there is a tingling in my feet when I turn on the oven and a similar strange sensation when the mixer goes on. Today I made porridge using the microwave and had to go and sit down because I became dizzy. Although I am 78, I am fit, use no medication and get plenty of exercise and fresh air, so there is no reason to think there's a problem with my health. As soon as the machines are switched off, these effects go away.

So just out of interest has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Rosie M

Post subject: Re: physical effects
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

But my question is about the possible physical effects of studying and practising MBT.

So just out of interest has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?
I have physical effects from the practice of consciousness transmutation, aging and this PMR. You may want to rule out whether it is a problem with the appliance. The following article may be helpful. I would definitely take into consideration the age of the appliances, especially the microwave.

Radiation from domestic appliances

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is strange. I did work at a place once where a girl would come in and all the electronics - computers, etc. would stop working until she left. She said she had that effect on her electronics at home too - microwave and such.

You could try using your Intent to block the effects and see if that makes a difference. Maybe imagine a force field around yourself that blocks any effects.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks John and Linda.

Yes the microwave probably does need replacing, but the other things are relatively new, and it's not just in the house where I notice this. Going into big department stores has become increasingly more of a challenge in recent years. There's now a distinct sense of disorientation and tenseness which I previously wasn't aware of. The best way I can describe the feeling is of being plugged in. I put it down to the combined effects of the lighting, the noise, the smell (particularly around the cosmetics area) and the claustrophobic maze-like layout of these places. The notion that shopping could ever be considered a therapeutic activity makes me roar!

Perhaps it's worth noting that none of this is particularly distressing. There is no reason to go to shopping arcades, so I don't any more. The tingling and heart-racing are interesting rather than frightening phenomena and the dizziness today could have been caused by jumping up too quickly to stop the porridge from boiling over.

I'm just curious to know if there is a connection between an increase in the practice of spiritual exercises and contemplation and electricity. I wondered if this has come up before anywhere on the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I'm just curious to know if there is a connection between an increase in the practice of spiritual exercises and contemplation and electricity. I wondered if this has come up before anywhere on the forum.
This is an invitation to a spirited debate. Lol!

In theory, consciousness is energy, electromagnetic to be more precise. So on that basis there is a connection. Once you rise above the perspective of the avatar actor and play from the perspective of your FWAU (pick your metaphor), you learn to control that energy. The energy is also synonymous with personality traits. For example: Electric is the will. Magnetic is the intuition. Intellect is the conductor. The combination of all produces consciousness. Consciousness incarnates. This is specific to metaphysics in support of MBT.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Rosie, this might be a good question to ask Tom in the Fireside Chat. You can post it in this thread if you are interested:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&p=110951&hili ... at#p110951

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:13 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks Linda.
I posted a version of this at the link you gave but don't know whether it went anywhere....can't seem to find it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You posted it here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12102&p=111162#p111162

Copy it and paste it into the bottom of the link I provided.