Return Home
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:08 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Literally all the evidence of their diet is just what the parent's told police. There is no actual knowledge of what they ate, or how much they ate, or how they were treated by their parents in actuality. I'm glad you steered away from looking at studies to reference more anecdotal evidence like this to inform your assumptions. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Literally all the evidence of their diet is just what the parent's told police. There is no actual knowledge of what they ate, or how much they ate, or how they were treated by their parents in actuality. I'm glad you steered away from looking at studies to reference more anecdotal evidence like this to inform your assumptions. :-)
Lol, what is it that informs your assumptions human?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In theory: according to the rule set avatars are "attached" to this PMR bound by self preservation and influenced by fear, belief and ego. The avatar operates through its "local" consciousness personality (LCP) in this state. Upon death of the avatar, the LCP transitions with the Free Will Awareness Unit. Then the FWAU "detaches" from the LCP and observes the life experience of the personality to learn a cosmic lesson, lower its entropy and improve its quality of consciousness.

Therefore it is not unreasonable to surmise that detachment from the LCP in this lifetime while experiencing this PMR is preemptive to its destiny. One can choose to activate its awareness at the "local" consciousness level and operate as an FWAU detached observer or choose to operate as the attached avatar.

The struggle over vegan is no longer subject to ego or belief as the observer but the conviction can remain. After all we are here for the experience of a long life subject to the "plan". The same approach can be taken with the subject vegan parents and child. Theoretically, this was pre-planned prior to reincarnation. The actions go against PMR law but they are a cosmic lesson after death.

The detached observation releases the argument in favor of the lesson because it is no longer subject to fear, ego and belief as set by humanity within the rule set. In as Much as we are here to advance humanity's and our own QoC the observational approach does not lesson the significance but strengthens our ability to service it because we no longer subscribe to self preservation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Proper evidence and the logic above I used to discern why it wasn't a valuable source to justify any previous sweeping generalizations about veganism.

Since I am neuroAtypical, could you explain what necessitates the laughter and question? :-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
One can choose to activate its awareness at the "local" consciousness level and operate as an FWAU detached observer or choose to operate as the attached avatar.
Don't know if I agree with this dichotomy but it works metaphorically. Thank you for keeping the larger perspective in your posts. :^)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Proper evidence and the logic above I used to discern why it wasn't a valuable source to justify any previous sweeping generalizations about veganism.

Since I am neuroAtypical, could you explain what necessitates the laughter and question? :-)
I made no sweeping generalizations about veganism. The sweeping generalizations exist only in your mind.

I made an observation regarding those individuals referred to in the article based on the available information and taking it at face value. A jury of their peers will hear all the evidence and make their determination accordingly. A judge will then pass sentence. May god have mercy on their souls.

The laughter is “necessary” because I find your point of view funny, I know how incorrect your assumption are. I have no problem with veganism or any particular diet. I have a problem with people who would impose it on others due to their irrational belief that what is good for them is good for everyone and the planet, and more moral and on and on. When faced with evidence contrary to their belief they are very quick to dismiss it or rationalize it and project their intent on to those who present a challenge to that cherished belief.

My interest in this subject has far more to do with psychology than diet. The parents in question could have denied their children medical attention due to religious beliefs and my assessment of the situation would be the same. I don’t care what you or anyone else eats or doesn’t eat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I made no sweeping generalizations about veganism. The sweeping generalizations exist only in your mind.
I was talking to Pipeman84 not you, VB...

Why would you assume I'm talking to you? Is something weighing your conscience?
Quote:
I made an observation regarding those individuals referred to in the article based on the available information and taking it at face value. A jury of their peers will hear all the evidence and make their determination accordingly. A judge will then pass sentence.
That's really nice to hear! However, it has zero to do with anything I said in addressing the limitations in determining what's proven to be the situation from that article. Thank you for this insight!
Quote:
The laughter is “necessary” because I find your point of view funny, I know how incorrect your assumption are.
This comment is ironic now, yes?

Quote:
I have a problem with people who would impose it on others due to their irrational belief that what is good for them is good for everyone and the planet, and more moral and on and on. When faced with evidence contrary to their belief they are very quick to dismiss it or rationalize it and project their intent on to those who present a challenge to that cherished belief.
Good point! I also recall you making comments that undermine veganism multiple times by posting sources you were exposed for never having read!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I was talking to Pipeman84 not you, VB...

Why would you assume I'm talking to you? Is something weighing your conscience?
Not particularly, Ive come to terms with my fallibility. I’ll assume you are being honest. :)
Quote:
Good point! I also recall you making comments that undermine veganism multiple times by posting sources you were exposed for never having read!
I’m sorry you feel that I was undermining veganism and exposed for not reading but their isn’t anything I can do about what you feel or think. It is for you to decide what you feel or think.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I’m sorry you feel that I was undermining veganism and exposed for not reading but their isn’t anything I can do about what you feel or think. It is for you to decide what you feel or think.
Uhm, Okay! I will continue to decide what to think based on your given comments and behavior by repeatedly spreading incomplete narratives from sources you didn't fully read and consequently acting in bad faith. I guess there's just nothing you can do differently and the onus is on me to not read what your comments imply!
Quote:
VB: How do you feel about encouraging a diet that according to the study cited increases the likelihood of causing stroke?
Quote:
VB: According to this study a vegetarian diet is associated with poorer health including higher incidence of cancer, allergies and mental health disorders.
Quote:
VB: According to this article and accompanying United Nations report, Veganisim is going to destroy the environment by depleting and eroding topsoil undoubtedly leading to mass extinction of many species including humans(unless we decide to eat each other of course. Soylent Green is PEEOPLE! ;) MMMUUUAAAHAHAHA!). Balancing crop rotation and grazing land for animals may provide the answer we’ve already had for thousands of years. Imagine that. :o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Uhm, Okay! I will continue to decide what to think based on your given comments and behavior by repeatedly spreading incomplete narratives from sources you didn't fully read and consequently acting in bad faith. I guess there's just nothing you can do differently and the onus is on me to not read what your comments imply!
You’re right. I apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I never need or expect an apology from anyone, ever! You are okay buddy, enjoy the holidays!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I never need or expect an apology from anyone, ever! You are okay buddy, enjoy the holidays!
Thank you my friend! I will and hope you will too!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BTW, You will receive an apology wether you like it or not. AND YOU WILL LIKE IT! LOL!. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:44 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

For what it's worth, here's a systematic review that came across my desk: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 20.1741505
Quote:
The majority of studies, and especially the higher quality studies, showed that those who avoided meat consumption had significantly higher rates or risk of depression, anxiety, and/or self-harm behaviors. There was mixed evidence for temporal relations, but study designs and a lack of rigor precluded inferences of causal relations. Our study does not support meat avoidance as a strategy to benefit psychological health.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:19 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
For what it's worth, here's a systematic review that came across my desk: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 20.1741505
Quote:
The majority of studies, and especially the higher quality studies, showed that those who avoided meat consumption had significantly higher rates or risk of depression, anxiety, and/or self-harm behaviors. There was mixed evidence for temporal relations, but study designs and a lack of rigor precluded inferences of causal relations. Our study does not support meat avoidance as a strategy to benefit psychological health.
Classic , I was just about to post the same thing !
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 20.1741505

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next