Return Home
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ever since I came across MBT and particularly as I delved further & further into its teachings, I found myself growing increasingly more intrigued by Tom's descriptions of the LCS. Particularly I was baffled by the question: what kind of entity is it exactly? I still am of course. My particular sticking point came when Tom spoke of Viktor Frankl. Frankl as some of you may know was a Holocaust Survivior who lost his entire family in a Nazi concentration camp. He himself barely came out alive. And yet he pulled through the experience so positively that he ended up founding a new form of existential analysis, known as the "Third Viennese School of Psychotherapy". Wow! Of course I was immediately pissed off at the LCS. "Is this your idea of "entropy reduction learning"? What kind of a masochistic school are you running here, you Big Galoot?", I asked (Yes, I actually speak to the LCS in such terms occasionally. I know; 'Thank goodness there's no hell', huh?) Anyway I digress. The Viktor Frankl story brought to mind the memory of all those other Holocaust survivors and the unspeakable horrors that they experienced en masse as well. A doubt loomed heavily on my mind: "What the F? What kind of evil entity is this LCS that it should allow such unnecessary suffering to take place?" I found myself actually starting to have anger management issues towards the LCS, believe it or not. Eventually I calmed down but my doubts regarding this alleged "Loving Kind Being" still rattled around the background of my mind.

Then I listened to Tom's most recent video (specifically Tom Campbell: Fireside Chat July, 2018 Pt 3) wherein Tom answers someone's question regarding why would the LCS let poor innocent children, for example, suffer wanton pain and suffering at the hands of psychopaths. Although the questioner asked about the suffering of children, Tom's wonderful response also clearly applies to Holocaust Survivors and in fact anyone who suffers brutality at the hands of psychopathic perverts. And yes, by psychopathic perverts I will also include the Americans that run clandestine torture centers such as Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib (..just had to throw that comment out there for all my self-righteous American't friends who think that only Germans can be demented psycopaths!).

Tom's answer deepened my perspective of how the LCS works insofar as dealing with human suffering in such a way that I find myself having a newfound respect ..and yes perhaps even love ..for the LCS. I'd like to share the transcript of Tom's answer with anyone here who has ever wondered about why "God" allows human suffering and about what "God" does to help out in such situations.

Sorry LCS for all those nasty thoughts I had about you!

(Tom Campbell: Fireside Chat July, 2018 Pt 3 - 34:48 timemark) "It's not true that they are allowed to suffer. The System works in a way that, um, let's say that you fall out of a fifth story window and you're headed for the concrete below. You're not going to experience splattering on the concrete. You will lose your consciousness and exit before that ever happens. Let's say that ,um, you have been born into a family of psycopaths and that they enjoy, you know, torturing you. Well, if the probability is that it's just gonna end-up in your death bvecause that's looking at the most likely thing, then what they'lll do is they'll just take that IOUC out of that and the System will just play the body as a Non Player Character ..an NPC.
So now all that torture and whateveris just on an NPC. The LCS absorbs that itself, because it can. OK. So those kinds of thing the System does do and the reason it does it is because it's counterproductive for people to go through horrible things like that and then expect the next incarnation is gonna be full of love & peace. You see that affects people and it affects them deeply and it might make it very, very difficult for them for the next 20 incarnations just dealing with that so when the System can it takes them out as early as possible so that there's the minimum amount of damage done to their consciousness and it plays the rest of the part just like it does with the body falling off the 5th floor. You get taken out before you hit. So that's the, that is the uh, that's kinda how the LCS works. It depends on the situation.
Now let's say there's a situation where the child isn't gonna die, so the System isn't gonna take him out completely they may just remove him for awhile. And then when that situation changes like when the police show up and you know put the parents in jail and take them some place more loving, then they put them back ..after some healing's been done.

You see the System's a digital system. It can work around those problems. It doesn't want anybody to be damaged in such a way that it affects their potential for future growth. So whenever it can intervene like that without, again, it has to not change any facts and not, you know, get crosswise with the rule set ..as long as it's unnoticed it can do lots of things."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:20 pm 

Thanks for posting this! I just finished reading MBT in July. I suppose the point of the book is to describe the basic model and not how everything works in detail, but I find myself wanting to know more. There are some “gold nuggets” scattered in the book that go beyond the basic info, but seems you really have to mine the forum and videos for further information. So how does he know the system plays “non player characters”? Is this proposed to happen because it makes the most sense in the model (what the model predicts) or does he also have personal experience witnessing this or other entities telling him this is so?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:58 pm 

Thanks for this post.
My step mother had a fall last week. She said "I knew I was going to go down, and the last thing I remember was reaching for something. The next minute I woke up and I was on the floor." It was agreed she was there for a little while before "waking up." She did not hit her head at all. She had no concussion. She's large, not very mobile and very sensitive and easily stressed. I can apply your comment above to this situation too.

What about those little starving kids in Africa who die of starvation?
Why come here to experience that?
Every 10 seconds, a child dies from hunger.
https://www.mercycorps.org/articles/qui ... bal-hunger

Why do we do this? Why would a soul choose to come to starve to death?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You get what you get and do the best that you can. Sometimes the biggest lessons are learned in the most extreme situations. Out of thousands of lives there are bound to be some that suck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Interesting, both users making their first post ever within one hour of each other and then log out in the same minute they hit submit.
Quote:
does he also have personal experience witnessing this or other entities telling him this is so?
Yes

Quote:
What about those little starving kids in Africa who die of starvation?
Partly because of the rule-set, partly because it's a consequence of our collective free will decisions and partly because it represents unique opportunities to learn in dire situations.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:08 pm 

Thanks for your responses. Well no matter why the starving children are here, the fact remains, it is our lesson possibly even more than theirs, that we persist in allowing it to happen. One could say the system, governments, are designed to MAKE SURE that they are starving death at this rate. I posit it is wrong to be fatalist about this. It’s not good enough to say “you drew the short stick.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Why do we do this? Why would a soul choose to come to starve to death?
Excellent question to post to Tom in the Upcoming Fireside Chats thread where you can submit questions for Tom to answer directly! He's answered many of my questions there, all you need do is have the patience to wait for sometimes several weeks as Tom is very, very busy doing all sorts of other activities ..but he does get back to you eventually. If I have what I feel is an important question for me, I always prefer to ask him in lieu of asking others here in the forums. You never know what level of understanding the respondent may have of Tom's theories (and of course this applies to me as well). It is after all TOM'S Big TOE.

That being said, I'd venture to respond that perhaps those souls (or FWAU's) who suffer through starvation and hunger scenarios are relatively 'newer' or 'beginner' FWAU's that are simply popping in & out in order to accumulate more experience. I say 'popping in & out' because those experiencing severe starvation & hunger experience packets usually live brief lives. There are however many valuable lessons to be garnished from such suffering and as I posted above, the LCS does intervene to help minimize pain. The old adage, "The Lord works in strange & mysterious ways" comes to mind in such cases. Best regards my friend!

Last edited by Somebody on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 pm 

Thanks Somebody.
I would say none of us need to give over our power to decide things for ourselves, to anyone else, in any case.
I am interested to learn however and appreciate everyone's input.
Thanks Somebody!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thanks Somebody.
I would say none of us need to give over our power to decide things for ourselves, to anyone else, in any case.
I am interested to learn however and appreciate everyone's input.
Thanks Somebody!

Thank you, Amaterasu for taking the time to read my post and then comment!😊

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Interesting, both users making their first post ever within one hour of each other and then log out in the same minute they hit submit.
Interesting that you have such a suspicious mind as to actually notice things like that. Interesting also the barely disguised insinuation that something foul is afoot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thanks for your responses. Well no matter why the starving children are here, the fact remains, it is our lesson possibly even more than theirs, that we persist in allowing it to happen. One could say the system, governments, are designed to MAKE SURE that they are starving death at this rate. I posit it is wrong to be fatalist about this. It’s not good enough to say “you drew the short stick.”

Ah! Great suggestion too! Maybe it's a lesson for others more than for the victims themselves! Once consciousness reaches a certain stage of development, witnessing the suffering of others can be just as painful as having to experience it personally! Take dogs for example: evolved humans are not canines yet they feel tremendous pain witnessing the unnecessary suffering of canines! Unevolved humans could care less.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You get what you get and do the best that you can. Sometimes the biggest lessons are learned in the most extreme situations. Out of thousands of lives there are bound to be some that suck.
So ... does that statement you just made (i.e. You get what you get and do the best that you can) still apply if, for example, one is born a man, with the sexual organs of a man, looks like a man, talks like a man, has the endocrine system of a man, yet despite all these biological facts chooses to self-identify as a oh, let's say ..."Two-spirit gender-queer"?

Is such a person dealing with "what he got"? Is he "doing the best he can"? ...OR is he living a life of delusional inauthenticity?

A simple question that invites a simple answer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you are born with the genitals of one sex but the mind of the opposite sex, then you have the right to do whatever makes you feel like your authentic self - as long as it doesn't interfere with the free will of someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
If you are born with the genitals of one sex but the mind of the opposite sex, then you have the right to do whatever makes you feel like your authentic self - as long as it doesn't interfere with the free will of someone else.
The mind is a set of cognitive faculties including consciousness, perception, thinking, judgement, language and memory. It is usually defined as the faculty of an entity's thoughts and consciousness. Ergo it is a cognitive faculty defined by thought, not biology. So when you say, "If you are born with the genitals of one sex but the mind of the opposite sex" what you are actually saying is "If you are born with the genitals of one sex but think you are of the opposite sex"...." and such a stance clearly indicates an attitude of refusal/failure to "do the best with what you actually got". Moreover it also constitutes the very epitome of inauthenticity.

Furthermore adopting such a delusional posture interferes with the free will of those who choose to adhere to the factual biological reality that comprises the rule set the LCS has established for this PMR we live in. Note that you are not speaking of a true hermaphrodite (i.e. a person or animal having both male and female sex organs or other sexual characteristics, either abnormally or (in the case of some organisms) as the natural condition) but rather someone who imagines themselves something they are not despite all biological empirical facts to the contrary.

With all due respect, I'm not trying to be dense Linda. I'm merely trying to point out that your position is guided by mutable mundane present-day politics and not eternally applicable MBT theory.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The mind is a set of cognitive faculties including consciousness, perception, thinking, judgement, language and memory.
A completely physical reality viewpoint.
Quote:
So when you say, "If you are born with the genitals of one sex but the mind of the opposite sex" what you are actually saying is "If you are born with the genitals of one sex but think you are of the opposite sex"...." and such a stance clearly indicates an attitude of refusal/failure to "do the best with what you actually got". Moreover it also constitutes the very epitome of inauthenticity.
And you know this how? You know it from first hand experience? You know it because you've talked to a lot of transgender people? Or you know it because you believe it? Because that is not what any transgender person will tell you.
Quote:
Furthermore adopting such a delusional posture interferes with the free will of those who choose to adhere to the factual biological reality that comprises the rule set the LCS has established for this PMR we live in.
Because my right to believe whatever I want trumps your rights to live as your authentic self. Love = other, ego = self.