Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:35 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Gentleness?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ross,
By pushing disharmony away, being repelled by it, disharmony then spreads. Embracing the disharmonious allows it to come into, brings it into, harmony with all. Just what popped into this head. Have you ever held someone shivering violently until they were able to stop? This is the thought and where it came from is it is what I do each morning when my son wakes up as he shivers hard for awhile. He seems to have hard landings. Embrace disharmony, interesting. I tend to avoid people who I call energy vampires, that seems pretty selfish now looking at it, um, now (post MBT). This is a really good thread, thanks for starting it.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:11 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bette: Thanks for getting involved in this thread, Betty! Was it you who said, "Whoops, wrong planet!" I really like that.

I hear what you say about the shivering child...but even Tom talks about those who are evil, and some of those are not to be embraced, I think (until ready)?

The idea that pushing disharmony away might spread it sounds like one of those spiritual oxymorons I'm supposed to nod wisely at even though I don't understand it! (I must admit, I'd really like to absorb it and transmute it into Bach's violin concertos, but I don't seem to be able to manage that yet ;-)

From what I understand of NPMR (no personal experience in this lifetime, but plenty of reading), there we arrange ourselves according to our preferences as well as our QoC. Thus, if we have a certain QoC, we do not embrace disharmony in NPMR, unless, being warriors or helpers, we bravely dive down into the dark gloop. But I don't suppose even Tom would wile away long, happy hours in the dark gloop ;-) -(correct me if I'm wrong Tom).

So if it is true that pushing disharmony away attracts it into our lives, this would presumably be a rule specific to PMR. True?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My concept was more akin to awareness of disharmony and then having the ability to help bring the disharmony down a notch or two, in an other on purpose while respecting the other's free will. The pushing it away thing has to do with Tom's arrow pointing in or out concept to me; it isn't so much pushing disharmony away attracts it to our life as it is not embracing it to the best of one's ability (while striving to gain ability in this effort) to try and reduce it allows it to continue on its disharmonious way to possibly (probably) harm others. There is so much I don't really understand but pretend to. I just don't realize I am pretending until I get further information that makes my understand develop deeper meaning, sometimes completely rearranging the meaning.

Yes, Wrong Planet Syndrome is what some people call Autism, which my son has. His sense are possibly wrong for this planet, or more probably wrong for this PMR, in my opinion. I am pretty sure he has access to something that I do not have access to.

I see a difference in disharmony and evil, although I am sure they are not mutually exclusive aspects in a being in PMR. I suppose being able to see the difference would have evolutionary value for one willing to step into their world and requiring that ability.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Embracing the disharmonious allows it to come into, brings it into, harmony with all.
For me, it's bearing the burdens of others so that they may have a rest and grow to take on those burdens once again, being stronger than before. It reaffirms that they are not alone.

To be a Warrior Surrendering to Service.

Surrender: The understanding that you are a small fraction of the Whole.
Service: The intention of doing what's best for the Whole.
Warrior: The effort to remove limitations in order to grow so that you can do more for the Whole.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rossw and Bette,

You are both right. You must assess each situation and determine where and how you can do the larger consciousness system the most good. Sometimes that implies walking away from disharmony and evil when your engagement with it has a greater probability of increasing the entropy of the larger consciousness system than it has of decreasing it. If you assess that your action to engage disharmony has a higher probability of increasing the quality of the system than decreasing it, then you should step in and try to be of service to all involved. Be both an effective and smart agent for positive change -- help others escape the ravages of disharmony and evil -- as you can.

How do you make that assessment? With your intuition and wisdom led by a good intent.

Tom C

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

With a little help from our friends and guides.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Those decisions to take action can be both subjective and objective.

Many have poured gasoline on the fire, drenched with the best of intentions.

It can be a very tricky tight rope, to know when your engagement will lower or decrease the entropy of the whole in a given situation.
Some things should be let go to crash and learn.
Bad decision making Probably has a lot to do with One's Ego.

It would be nice to have an entropymeter to measure the increase or decrease while you are actively engaged, once in starts beeping you bail. lol

: )

OM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
.It would be nice to have an entropymeter to measure the increase or decrease while you are actively engaged, once in starts beeping you bail.
Hi OM
I think we do have one to use once engaged, its called MBT concepts and when the eyes glaze (if you have the knack of communicating MBT well enough to keep interest otherwise) the meter beeps, and we or they change the subject.
The way I understand intent is that all that is required is for intent to be good pointed towards other, the actual outcome which involves lots of free wills and is out of any control of the intender isn't the point. It is the thought that counts, but I think more importantly it is the thought you didn't even know you thunk that counts more. I do not think many of us are privy to our actual intentions, it could just be me though.

Shin, you are love too. ;) There's more to say, I just can't think of it right now.
Love,
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

ted-you are indeed helping a grea tdeal,you are warm and make me more accepting of me. keep it up,we need it richard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

8 years ago my path would have been number one. Then destiny intervened and said loudly and squarely, "It's going to be three." After almost three decades of expecting to do one thing, it got ruled out and sent me on a much more untraditional path of 3, surrender. Hopefully I am a more loving person because of the change.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 am 
Curator
Curator

Actually there are three traditional paths, that being one of them. Tom has written about them, stating that his is the path of the warrior, also known as the path of knowledge. Then there is the path of service, which is also fully traditional. I exist only to serve. Then there is the path of surrender. Your third path which you call nontraditional is also very traditional. It is the traditional path of monks and nuns of many traditions as I understand it. Hard to submit to that discipline. Over 20 million results on an Internet search.

Ted