Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:25 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Following the nudges.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:59 pm 

Big fan of MBT - read it and have listened to countless hours of Tom as many of other forum members have. I'm 26 and I've recently been at a crossroad in life attempting to make the decision of what to focus on; what is my path. I have a lot of interests, but many of them deal with my ability to understand and speak the language of art, specifically abstract art. I feel like I am able to connect to this data stream and receive way more information relating to abstract ideas that easily come through music, painting or photography. I'm consumed by it actually, and having thought about it in terms of MBT, it seems as if this is definitely a nudge that keeps coming back. I feel as if I've been connected to this stream for so long, as many of my doodles at a younger age deal with almost the exact same motifs that I am interested in today.

Its so easy to start a painting, and then I basically let my inner vision, or data stream, guide the entire rest of the process. Its like cutting through butter. A lot of famous abstract artists have commented on this phenomenon. Of course, some times the data slows down, I let my ego get in the way, or I get stuck at a certain point and must reassess months later. Painting can be a very slow process. But the initial ideas are super easy to snap into this reality, and for me to analyze them enough to jot them down or sketch them out. Tom actually talks about art in one of his Q&A's in which he comments that some of the best art is that which just flows, it has no intellect, its raw, you put your preconceived notions on pause. This is actually something I like to ask myself while I'm painting - "what would I paint if I were the last person on earth and no one was here to judge me".

This is sort of forming into a multiple part post, but basically I see several paths laid out before me and this is one of them. I'm looking into getting an MFA because I'd like to take another steps towards understanding my connection to this data stream more fully and find it is definitely what I'd like to be doing most of my day. I know Tom's answer would probably be along the lines of getting rid of the fear, just have courage to do it, and you'll get many more shots in another life.

So basically, trust the nudges, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think you answered your own question.
Quote:
I know Tom's answer would probably be along the lines of getting rid of the fear, just have courage to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 pm 
Curator
Curator

One thing that you might consider doing is to search for the personality type testing on the Internet that Dr. David Keirsey wrote about in his book, Please Understand Me II. There are web sites devoted to this testing and to various types.

Tom first introduced this to the board and if you compare Tom's 'type' as an INTP Architect in this book, you will find a complete description of Tom, including his phrase 'be open minded but skeptical'. I test as an INFJ Counselor. You might find yourself testing as an Artisan as a producer of art or as an another type like Tom as a Rational with art as your subject. A good chance of gaining insight into your proclivities either way. This kind of testing is widely used in business and industry and in education.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:46 pm 

@ted vollers - thanks - yeah I've taken the Myers-Briggs test before, I can't remember what I was, but I also feel like I have a lot of different personalities that change everyday based on things like music, who I'm hanging out with, what inspires me etc. There's a really interesting talk by comic book author Grant Morrison about this - https://vimeo.com/120765919 (right around 33:00)

Tom has also talked about how its possible for some mental illnesses like schizophrenia to be multiple data stream processing, without actually being able to sort through them (that sounds horrible).

Personality is an interesting topic to explore through MBT, I haven't heard Tom talk too much about it other than discussing the differences between what he calls left-brain and right-brain people.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:49 pm 

And thank you Sainbury! I've been a long time member of the Astral Pulse community, but glad I found this forum too!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:17 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Tom has also talked about how its possible for some mental illnesses like schizophrenia to be multiple data stream processing, without actually being able to sort through them (that sounds horrible).
I wondered about that. Can anybody point me to the video or other reference material where Tom says that? It would be interesting to get the whole context.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't have a reference for Tom saying that, but he doesn't elaborate much more than that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

OK - Thanks Sainbury. It just seemed like an interesting possible explanation for something that many experts can't really explain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:59 am 
Curator
Curator

Both Tom and I are working on how some primary things in our nature (Tom and his yet incomplete book, Primal Male, Primal Female) might arise. I am writing a paper relating how our basic personality types as in the testing for type that Tom introduced on the board and I mentioned above can be based upon our IUOC and the way it functions within a VR to creat our avatars and thus 'inherited' outside of PMR genetics and inheritance. I have other ideas for writing other papers which I have not gotten to as yet related to how some disorders you mention might be related to ourselves as IUOCs at our base. I have not had time to try to work out the rationale fully and dig up anything much as yet in medical research papers on the Interntet which points to this being true. It would appear to me that the sociopath/psychopath spectrum relates to relatively new IUOCs incarnating who do not as yet have the full structure that Tom and I may be working towards in our thinking as I am describing here. Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder seems very likely related to problems accessing VR data streams. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder problems also seem related to mechanisms in our IUOCs which are not yet adjusted into proper balance. And autism and the Asperger syndrome seem to potentially be related to our IUOC and its development as well. And then there is ADHD which I can readily see as an adjustment within our IUOCs balancing our personalities in the hunter versus farmer paradigm.

I have mentioned some of this on the board before, outlining some of these 'ideas for chapters' in the book I hope to have time to finish before I return to NPMR as I'm 72, like Tom, but I have numerous medical problems like CHF and heart rhythm problems, ventricular fibrillation and a pacemaker. I woke up one morning with a lot of these ideas in my mind having dreamed about each one during the night and wrote a short outline so as not to lose the ideas. viewtopic.php?f=218&t=7304#p87665 I have almost all of that paper on personality types done but have been having problems with side effects of gabapentin and now withdrawal from taking it that cuts into my functional time with episodic mental and visual unclearness and other symptoms which are fortunately getting better with slow time passing. I wish I had never taken gabapentin. But genetically inheriting migraine equivalent problems and falling on the back of my head as a teenager, knocking myself out for a day plus, does not help matters.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What is someone with bi polar disorder experiencing in MBT terms of experience, are they getting 2 data streams at once?

That was said to me after my brother died and I when abit mad for 6 months, but at the time I felt like I was 2 people at the same time, my head was full of very big thoughts that enabled me to understand complex problems very easily,

I had 6 months of big ah hahh moments several times a day, my knowledge went from not much to understanding the universe and quantum mechanics, to parapsychology experiments and all combining into bigger picture understanding, Then I was pretty much guided to toms MBT understanding of how that bigger picture actually works, that was 8 months ago now and its really changed my whole approach to life, and what path I now intend to take

I don't get the intensity of that experience anymore, im getting very calm and understanding of life, totally changed me, I devote a lot of my time studying psychology now also, figuring out how the psyche works and all the different types of personalitys

Waiting on Please understand me 11 by Dr kersily to come, and then ill study Teds work that he has done so far taking that understanding to higher levels

To put it into some context

1st/ I learned the foundational sciences of reality

2nd/ Leared for MBT how to put that into context

3rd/ the stage im at now, learning how to integrate the other 2 into daily life

Over the last month iv been getting a lot of fear tests and lessons in the dream data stream, including my first lucid dream where I was able to morph anything I wanted to interact with,i got direct instruction from what I guess was a guide sitting next to me telling me how exactly how to do it, best dream iv ever had I must say

iv only been reading posts and posting myself over the last week, and that has calmed and helped me tremendously more.

iv a lot to learn but learn I will, what ill be like next month or 5 years from now fills me with excitement of the things I could experience with the LCS

Learning how to focus now and control my intents through meditation and study

Just thought id share more of my experience and how I ended up here at MBT
Interested what you guys have to say about bi polar
This isn't confirmed that this is what is wrong with me, it was the doctors best guess of what's happened to me but he's far from sure himself

Last edited by james moffat on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 am 
Curator
Curator

Bipolar disorder is not 2 data streams. It refers to rapidly switching back and forth from depression to the opposite manic state rapidly as I understand it. I have limited experience with this. Decades ago I hired someone who explained that he had this problem and was overqualified as a graduate engineer for the job. When he did not come in to work after being hired and working 2 days satisfactorily, his family told me that he had unexpectedly gone into his depressive state and had to quit. They said don't pay him and apologized but I did pay him for the 2 days of work. He did not come back and I don't know what happened to him.

Perhaps Tom might have an opinion on whether this relates to the PMR rule set or not. That would be my guess, as well as for simple depression.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

so im not bi polar then, im not depressed, I was manic when this first happened to me but that was because I was trying to tell them what was going on in my mind n they didn't understand what I was going on about, don't get manic anymore, you certainly understand the LCS and the science behind it

my mind is nothing like it was before, feels much much bigger

do you know from what iv written so far what is going on with me? I don't want to use the term awaking but that kinda describes what its been like

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 am 
Curator
Curator

James,

I don't remember all of your 30 odd posts that show. I've replied to too many for too many years and at 72 I just can't remember as much any more. As you might note, I have well over 10,000 posts now. If you are seriously asking me to, I will search them all out and look at them and try to make a more detailed response.

In general, we come into PMR as children with no memory of our past life history and no knowledge that we are reincarnated. There are cultures where the belief in reincarnation is the norm and where there are children who do remember things from their just past life. You might look up Dr. Ian Stevenson and his research into reincarnation and verification of this kind of memories. They do pop up even where reincarnation is not the normal belief.

But normally we have no memories of the past and start over with a blank slate, except that I do now think that it's pretty clear that we take our so called personality type from our IUOC. So we go through development from an infant as a relatively blank slate and learn much that is incorrect from our family, (mis)education, further incorrect learning from friends as we grow up and then further mistaken learning from general society. If we are lucky, at some point we start waking up on our own. Perhaps we came into our lives with the intent that we will 'wake up' and clear these misunderstandings fairly early and then move on to a higher level of understanding in our lives.

I have also noted before that Tom Campbell's project to change the paradigm of science from materialism to everything being based upon Consciousness that he was originally told about seems much broader in its scope than that. Noting how there are many scientists who are catching on, not from believing Tom's work originally, but from their own research. Some are quantum physicists while some are mathematicians and many are just creating part of the background of information to put together into a fuller understanding. I have even speculated that there is a tie in to what is happening politically in the sense that the world is changing. And then there is also the purely social and entertainment aspects with new movies like The Matrix. It now seems that Tom Campbell was to provide the framework for putting all of this together into a complete understanding rather than to be the sole source and instigator of these changes.

So put yourself into this general picture. I suspect that you are just into this life with an intent that you will wake up to a previous background base that you had previously developed, wake up to this and build on it much further in this lifetime. You likely just got a little hyper about all of these things that you are waking up to. This would be readily understandable to me as an entirely reasonable reaction. Now these concepts are becoming the new normal in your thinking and you are no longer manic. What your future will be is up to you. How far do you wish to and can you take this new understanding and what will you choose to do with it, where might you take it?

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My sister was bipolar and I can tell you a couple of observations from watching her over the years. Late in her life there was a blurring of bi-polar and schizophrenic symptoms. And at times she was definitely processing data from more than this PMR. And with her depression that data interpretation turned very dark.

My sister never thought she was going through manic and depressed episodes. So if you really want to know ask, the people around you to be honest with you. My sister didn't want to be treated sometimes because she loved the manic episodes so much. And she also thought she had profound thoughts during these times, but she didn't. It was just a lot of craziness that made sense to her, but no one else.

A few times in her life she did get balanced with medication and went long stretches where her life was pretty normal. But then she would decide that she felt fine, and because she hated the stigma of being on medication for the rest of her life, she would go off her meds. This is common for bipolar people. I have a friend that is bipolar, and she is completely normal on her meds, but every once in awhile she decides to go off them, and it is not good.

Off her meds, my sister would self medicate with pain pills, alcohol, and food. It eventually killed her with an accidental overdose.

So, if you think you might be bipolar, you should find out. My friend is on a very low dose of her medication, but it allows her to live a normal life.

Accessing a lot of data you cannot process is not a gift, and it will not help you evolve the quality of your consciousness.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

TED
its ok ted, what you replied with was plenty for me to process and helpful, thank you

Sainsbury
Firstly im sorry for your sister, I can empathize with you for that loss

My brothers death is still a mystery, accidental drowning or suicide, havnt got to the bottom of that yet
That's the main reason iv ruthlessly studied this since it happened, getting closure more now tho

The biggest problem I have, is being unable to speak a single word of any off this to anyone, not my partner and especially not the psychiatrist I got to every 3 months,

The psychiatrist is a medical one, I asked him about parapsychology and he never even had heard of it let alone would understand what id be talking about.im not on any medication and havnt been for 14 months without any episode's, don't drink or do drugs, I just care for my disabled partner and my 2 boys

my mind is just very expansive since this happened,totaly different person to who I was, understand things way beyond my education level and that wasn't much,good at music that was it lol

Its not like my thoughts are crazy and scrambled, they are pure science with a mix of what kinda experiences I have going on at the same time.
makes sense to you guys here in the forum but not to anyone without the experiences or the interest in these areas
my partner is religious and that puts an extra barrier for me to try n get past
her biggest complaint with me is that I can be totally disconnected and distracted a lot, but I have a huge amount going on in my mind that im working my way through so that im not so disconnected for her, if I cant speak about it what can I do, its not just going to go away

im one part normal me and another not normal me but both at the same time,2 different minds in one.
I can only translate this as both my FWAU and IUOC but aware of both, I can tell the difference between them now when one takes over more than the other, im able to have this under a lot more control the more time passes and understandings I get.

iv had a lifetime of ill say "paranormal" things happening around me and outrageous coincidences that iv learned are more than just a coincience , so I know im more than just mentally
ill, that's just not covering my experences , these are ones that happen around me in the PMR

Sensing presences when I walk into empty places that iv been too, got the crap scared out of me several times like that,these were ghost happenings, or the LCS giving me a nudge and having a laff I don't know lol, once something angrily roared at me from the top of some stairs was the scarest one I had, ran out of that house and have never went back there. don't get this anymore,these were when I was a teenager ,around 17,18

around the same time I met an old lady that lived in the same street as me, her husband had died and my friend asked me if id help her move some things around, when I went into the house the very first thing she said to me was "you have the gift" turned out she was an medium, she then went on to tell me I was an Indian in my past life, that's all I can remember of what she said, she was talking to me but I was freaked out abit

When I was 29, that's when the precognitive dreams started, the first was from a dream I remembered from when I was young, 10,11, its was the strangest fishing tackle shop iv ever seen, bows and arrows on the walls with very little fishing tackle, that's why I remembered it, I found my self standing looking at that exact thing, was totally freaked out just standing there not believing what I was seeing, I just get a photo of were ill be or a few seconds of motion, all about my life,they come with a strange feeling iv noticed when I get those.

Then theres the night my brother died.
He was a harbour master and lived on has boat, it was on the dry dock out of the water at this time
It was a stormy night and when I tried to call him his phone was switched off, so I drove up to check he was ok, this was around 12.30 in the evening

When I got onto the boat I had disturbed him doing from what I remember,some sort of ceremony with candles and photos of our family next to them,set out in a square
when I went in he started to become manic, the same way I went after he died.
He was saying that he was talking to our father who had died 20 years ago, then started talking about the universe and god, our family weren't religious in any way so this was strange when he was talking about it, saying he had found a cure for us, why we were depressed a lot.

He calmed down but I had to leave quickly, I had to help me partner at that time, big regret of mine,
Told him id be up tomorrow n we could talk,was going to tell him about what iv said here, iv never spoken of these things to anyone
the next morning he was found floating out at sea

I had a severe shock reaction due to his death and circumstances around it, my body when completely paralized,couldnt move or talk but my mind was clear and spacious, hard to explain what was going on with this part,its ineffable,still cant describe this feeling, being in the presence of something bigger than me, is the best I can say

so that's my story so far, not got with words or describing things, but I hope you can get the jist of it