Return Home
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 1:06 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 532 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Que pasa Tom? The video was saying that even most bread types in the supermarket have HFCS. also a nutricionist recommended me fruits, vegetables (cooked by vapor), grains (lentils, beans), soy grains, refined olive oil and sea salt, but didn't recomment bread either. I hope the ones I mentioned are OK.

Nowadays, we have to think what should we eat. Exercise cleans our body as well as water. Also they recommend half an hour a day of direct exposure to the sun to generate vitamin E. So vitamin A and C from vegetables and fruits, E from olive oil and D from the sun.

Later,

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Working in a garden is good use of time in the sun, or throwing balls at dogs.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
... Also they recommend half an hour a day of direct exposure to the sun ... Claudio
I just watched an interview on CMN with a guy named Brian Breiling who talked about color and light, and Regina reiterated the importance of getting enough sunlight and how we've been conditioned to believe being in the sun is bad for you and that you need to avoid it. Regina pointed out that the sun's rays are less harmful in the morning and after 4 in the afternoon, and her guest confirmed it's possible to get the benefits without the detriments, I thought this was sound advice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The stevia has to be pure, nothing added

you have to eat pretty raw and clean for the timeframe to Really experience the benefits of no sugar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am watching an interesting show on ABC right now with Jamie Oliver going into public schools to change the menus called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Public schools count french fries as a vegetable....
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:11 am 
Curator
Curator

Bette,

That makes perfectly good sense actually and all considered. Remember that they count ketchup as a vegetable also. Or at least so I have heard. Long, long time since I had any contact with the public school system.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:00 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bette - that is such an interesting program - Jamie really had to battle the system to get some change - I wonder if it had been long lasting !
I gave up sugar and anything with sugar in it - as well as process foods 2 years ago - a year before I discovered MBT. In fact my way of eating now is low carb because I was insulin resistant - made a big difference to the way I feel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OK Tom, thanks for the info. The yogurt is organic and plain but it is also whole milk and not fat free. It tastes so much better. The only bread I eat is an occasional slice of Ezekiel sprouted bread. I do eat a good bit of fruit. So my diet is not sugar free in that sense. Otherwise I think I've gotten the sugar out of my diet. I'll have to give up the stevia with malodextrin and make my own. I gotta have something sweet in my morning tea (caffeine free.)

What do you think of vitamin supplements? There are some on the market with no fillers, but they are sooo expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just had the thought that sugar is going to go black market someday....
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom,

I have noticed a major difference but I am not sure if I am fully attaining the optimal level experience of no sugar in the system. I eat a lot of raw food and I limit my processed food to a very minimal level. Mostly organic. I do notice a dramatic change in my system when I "splurge" on some Tiramisu or some other sweet once in a while, I am far more sensitive to those effects.

On a clean system how long do those effects take to get out of the system completely?
How much water/fresh Veg juice/liquid do you consume in a day?

My feeling is that any sugar that is found in natural raw food is ok, IE fruits, berries, whole grains that include say 1g of sugar on something like whole grain wheat pasta etc. Not artificially added, just occurring naturally.

Are there certain natural raw foods that you would avoid consuming that tend to have an effect on consciousness that I am not aware of ?

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mike: On a clean system how long do those effects take to get out of the system completely?

If you have been eating no sugar and then ingest some sugar it takes about 4 hours to clear the worst of the effects and about 2 weeks to eliminate all of the effects. If you eat a "normal" diet it takes about 4 months before the withdrawls fade and another 2 for your biochemistry to settle into a healthy steady state.

Mike: How much water/fresh Veg juice/liquid do you consume in a day?

1 to 3 quarts

Mike: My feeling is that any sugar that is found in natural raw food is ok, IE fruits, berries, whole grains that include say 1g of sugar on something like whole grain wheat pasta etc. Not artificially added, just occurring naturally.

I agree. Excluding honey -- evaporated cane juice, evaporated fruit juice, granulated fructose etc are not exactly natural but advertised that way -- note that molasses and maple syrup even when claimed to be "pure" are highly process.

Mike: Are there certain natural raw foods that you would avoid consuming that tend to have an effect on consciousness that I am not aware of ?

Now Mike, how would I know what you are not aware of ? :-)
Foods that have a negative effect on consciousness: The main problems are all psychotropic drugs/substances which include caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and sugar -- as well as most preservatives, artificial colors, and many chemicals (propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, MSG, etc,), then there are gases such as some paint, glue, and acetone fumes. Just because a food is "natural" or "raw" (e.g., honey) doesn't make it healthy, however it does improves its chances of being healthy over say, "processed" and "artificial". To a much lesser extent than sugar, meat usually makes your mind/consciousness dull and fuzzy as opposed to sharp (often experienced as a heaviness or lethargy) -- inorganic meat is the worst. A lesser effect on the consciousness occurs with poultry and little effect with organic natural fish/seafood -- not breaded (sugar and preservatives in the breading) and not fried (preservatives in the oil). Sauces of all sorts tend to be laden with sugar and preservatives and chemicals -- oriental restaurants catering to western tastes are some of the worst offenders.

Common non-food things that cloud or deteriorate consciousness are fear, ego, anxiety, beliefs, expectations, needs, wants, and pettiness -- as well as being self-focused, arrogant, insecure, or a zombie living in the past or for the future, or constantly measuring and judging interactions with and between others in terms of yourself.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Now Mike, how would I know what you are not aware of ? :-)
lol
Quote:
Foods that have a negative effect on consciousness: The main problems are all psychotropic drugs/substances which include caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and sugar -- as well as most preservatives, artificial colors, and many chemicals
yikes
Quote:
Sauces of all sorts tend to be laden with sugar and preservatives and chemicals -- oriental restaurants catering to western tastes are some of the worst offenders.
double yikes
Quote:
Common non-food things that cloud or deteriorate consciousness are fear, ego, anxiety, beliefs, expectations, needs, wants, and pettiness -- as well as being self-focused, arrogant, insecure, or a zombie living in the past or for the future, or constantly measuring and judging interactions with and between others in terms of yourself.

Tom
omg

My lifestyle is definitely in need of some changes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am wondering about other chemicals we use and are around all the time. Toothpaste, deodorant, lotions, etc. And how about cleaning products?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I am wondering about other chemicals we use and are around all the time. Toothpaste, deodorant, lotions, etc. And how about cleaning products?
Since you brought it up, Sainbury, I'm also interested in the stuff we use all the time, fluoride in the toothpaste and fluoride in the water - is it shutting down my pineal gland?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know that avoiding antiperspirants that have aluminum in them, as opposed to deodorants which don't have aluminum, was suggested to me years ago. Don't cook in aluminum pots because heat makes it leach into the food, aluminum cans for cold stuff doesn't do this as I understand it, unless the cans got hot.

I've been thinking more about all the lifestyle changes possible, and how lovely, more lovely, life could be for my family specifically with sufficient effort. It would be a lot easier though, I can't help but think "easier", if one was basically thrown into a community with all the required infrastructure already in place to live "at one with" this PMR to gain optimal functioning here. Kind of like an anti-jail where you want to go there and be told what to eat, when to eat it with it presented to you, or you work to help produce it; where you are given lots of "down time" to think with some classes to have some possible new stuff to think about, and a daily schedule in harmony with the daily schedule of this PMR. An anti-jail for personal freedom. It really was going to jail for 74 days in 1997 that changed a very big habit of methamphetamine addiction in my reality, that and SSRIs but the "immersion" into that new environment had a big effect too. Food addictions are really no different in this fashion, as I see it.
Love
Bette

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 532 Next