Sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup

kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup

Post by kroeran »

sure...its possible that I am presuming behavior that is actually guidance for others, and that Tom holds himself to a higher standard, which did not occur to me until you raised this point

below suggests that the issue is a bit broader than the important issue of politeness...

Tom's thoughts on this (forum posting 2009)

"...the meat eating vegetarian human vulture.

Consider A, an ethical vegetarian, goes out to dinner with his significant other B. B, not a vegetarian, orders baked chicken. Now B has just contributed to the demand for meat since the restaurant will now order another chicken from its supplier, causing that supplier to kill another chicken. At this point (after B has been served) it does not matter one iota what happens to B's chicken - the demand has been registered - eat it, bury it with a sacred ceremony, give it away - doesn't matter as far as the demand for chicken meat goes. Halfway through the meal, B is too full to eat another bite. B offers A the chicken that has not been touched. A can eat the chicken knowing that doing so is in no way contributing to the future slaughter of chickens. Another example (not as simple and straightforward as the first, with perhaps a tinge of grey depending on how one defines the details): A goes to B's annual office xmass party buffet where several hundred people (none of which A knows) eat, drink, dance, and socialize in the holiday spirit as they wander about the facility. Every year they serve the same amount of the same things (some of which are meat) at the same place in the same way. Again, A (the meat eating vegetarian human vulture) can eat the meat knowing that doing so is in no way contributing to the future slaughter of animals because A realizes that eating meat is not the problem - killing animals to eat them when it is not even vaguely necessary to do so is the problem. There are many other such real world examples where a meat eating vegetarian human vulture can eat meat without contributing to the abuse of other sentient beings.

Don't let beliefs, habits, and passions, rule your behavior - it is only your intent expressed by your responsibility to do the right thing as best you know how that can raise or lower the quality of your consciousness. Refraining from eating your recently deceased mother or purposely eating a recently deceased chicken does not automatically raise or lower the quality of your consciousness - however both are likely to resonate with your cultural beliefs and habits. Likewise, believing the eating of meat to be immoral because you associate that action with the unnecessary killing of sentient beings (which is immoral) is to confuse two things that are culturally, and sometimes causally, connected -- but are not always or necessarily connected.

Tom C"
Does this PMR make my butt look big?
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

sure...its possible that I am presuming behavior that is actually guidance for others, and that Tom holds himself to a higher standard, which did not occur to me until you raised this point

below suggests that the issue is a bit broader than the important issue of politeness...

Tom's thoughts on this (forum posting 2009)

"...the meat eating vegetarian human vulture.

Consider A, an ethical vegetarian, goes out to dinner with his significant other B. B, not a vegetarian, orders baked chicken. Now B has just contributed to the demand for meat since the restaurant will now order another chicken from its supplier, causing that supplier to kill another chicken. At this point (after B has been served) it does not matter one iota what happens to B's chicken - the demand has been registered - eat it, bury it with a sacred ceremony, give it away - doesn't matter as far as the demand for chicken meat goes. Halfway through the meal, B is too full to eat another bite. B offers A the chicken that has not been touched. A can eat the chicken knowing that doing so is in no way contributing to the future slaughter of chickens. Another example (not as simple and straightforward as the first, with perhaps a tinge of grey depending on how one defines the details): A goes to B's annual office xmass party buffet where several hundred people (none of which A knows) eat, drink, dance, and socialize in the holiday spirit as they wander about the facility. Every year they serve the same amount of the same things (some of which are meat) at the same place in the same way. Again, A (the meat eating vegetarian human vulture) can eat the meat knowing that doing so is in no way contributing to the future slaughter of animals because A realizes that eating meat is not the problem - killing animals to eat them when it is not even vaguely necessary to do so is the problem. There are many other such real world examples where a meat eating vegetarian human vulture can eat meat without contributing to the abuse of other sentient beings.

Don't let beliefs, habits, and passions, rule your behavior - it is only your intent expressed by your responsibility to do the right thing as best you know how that can raise or lower the quality of your consciousness. Refraining from eating your recently deceased mother or purposely eating a recently deceased chicken does not automatically raise or lower the quality of your consciousness - however both are likely to resonate with your cultural beliefs and habits. Likewise, believing the eating of meat to be immoral because you associate that action with the unnecessary killing of sentient beings (which is immoral) is to confuse two things that are culturally, and sometimes causally, connected -- but are not always or necessarily connected.

Tom C"

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2867&p=4923&hilit=+buffet#p4923
LoveSinger
Normal User
Normal User

Post by LoveSinger »

Re: fasting, yes, there may be that physical component or reflection there. But for me, i see it as more consciousness oriented. The Earth is a certain field of vibration or in MBT speak, a certain data stream with certain constraints, influences, etc. By it's very nature, it's limiting in effect, particularly when you factor in the influence of collective human consciousness, which has many high entropy selves in same. One way of expanding consciousness and perception is to distance oneself from the more limiting parts of this data stream--not being so physically, emotionally, and mentally attached. When you eat food, on different levels you are saying, "i'm entrenched in the limited Earth data stream", but by not eating food, with the right intent (and Love) behind it, it tends to have a freeing effect from that "dense" Earth field effect.

Yes, it can be used by the inner and outer selfish-separative complex of aspects and tendencies some call "ego" as well, as can any activity, even volunteering at a shelter or food bank. It's always the inner intent and motivation that matters. If you are trying to "look" spiritual by fasting or what not, it will not be so helpful, though you may still get some good body effects.

Re: vegetarianism, i'm not trying to preach or debate here, but just want to quickly mention that for me, it's not solely as issue of animal abuse and death, but also the general effect on the human energy system on various levels. Meaning, in a lot of cases, when you eat meat, there is often a lot of dense, emotional fear energetic connected to it--especially when considering the more complex lifeforms like cows, pigs (especially!), etc. which are very emotionally developed and feel fear intensely (much more than say a chicken or especially a fish). Taking in that fear laden "food" often, innately tends to have a destructive, imbalancing, and thus limiting effect on one's general system, physical, emotional, and mental which will limit perception and consciousnesses interface clarity.

Does that mean i haven't, or wouldn't ever eat meat? No, an example where i did, was a long time friend of mine and i went camping. We don't see each other very often as i now live a few states away, but anyways he forgot i ate vegetarian, but remembered i'm into health, organic food, etc. So he went to Whole foods and bought some naturally raised chicken, which is not something he normally would have done (as it's more expensive).

I was touched by this gesture and rather than refuse it, ate it with him in appreciation and gave thanks to the chicken whose life was taken. Didn't seem to "lower" my "vibration" at all, metaphorically speaking. I also very occasionally buy and eat a little fish (the more sustainable and physically healthier kind), and that's been a more recent thing.

But, if it's possible, and i intuit it is, i would like to develop myself to not need to eat any food. If "He/She" can do that, it's possible for others.
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

If you haven't discovered this already, I believe you will find your perspective to be the same as Toms.

A great tool is to click members, click Toms username, and do searches on his postings.

One person I met would use diet to regulate her solidity in PMR vs NPMR

When she had a bunch of terrestrial stuff happening, focus on her marriage, she would eat red meat to lower her vibration
LoveSinger
Normal User
Normal User

Post by LoveSinger »

Hi Randy, i don't doubt that we have similar views and perspectives on many things (sans physics which i am very ignorant about). Thank you for the tip, i have gone through and read some of his replies previously. He seems very wise, balanced and perceptive on many issues--not that i agree with everything.

Interesting about your friend, and yes it's one way to "get grounded" for sure. I find that generally speaking, us men tend to have less issue with this and if anything, tend to need more "ungrounding" in some ways ;-)
ahash31
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by ahash31 »

I'm back on the NO SUGAR train.

I made it roughly 3 months last time

I'm going to do better this time!!

Adam
Are you sure it was Adam really typing this? If it helps you out, does that even matter?
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

ahash31 - Keep trying. If you can stay off it for 6 or so months you get to the point that a sugar indiscretion makes you feel so bad you won't ever eat it again. The more pure your system is the bigger the physical consequence is for eating badly - headache, swollen joints, no energy. I am 2 1/2 years with no sugar, chemicals, caffeine - and only have alcohol maybe once a year or not at all. It took me over a year before I stopped craving it and even now every once in awhile something looks good to me. But sugar is like cocaine to me - I know I can't fall off the wagon or it will be back to a sugar diet again.
ahash31
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by ahash31 »

Thanks Sainbury for the continued encouragement and inspiration.

I will not succomb to the social pressures, and I resolve to control my own WILL power!
Are you sure it was Adam really typing this? If it helps you out, does that even matter?
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

LoveSinger wrote:I find that generally speaking, us men tend to have less issue with this and if anything, tend to need more "ungrounding" in some ways ;-)
just to stir the pot a bit....there is also the broader issue of solidification or detachment from the PMR simulation, and asking why one would choose to unground, given all the trouble everyone has gone to to create the simulation, which is an excellent one.

In recent youtubes, Tom appears to be evolving toward this what I would call the more Catholic view, which is that NPMR is true, but it is a distraction from the business of living and serving and interacting with our loved ones and sentience writ large.

Why would one invest in zooming around in NPMR, when you could rather spend an afternoon looking at the Grand Canyon?

Notwithstanding the importance and value of Tom's specific mission, once you internalize the surprise of the larger reality, is not PMR the more interesting path to explore? dunno, just thinking aloud.
ahash31
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by ahash31 »

Everything has been going well, I've been steadfast to my will, i believe only slipping once intentionally, perhaps some has slipped by accidentally / unintentionally.

I'm trying not to make eating a big deal, most people want it to be.

I trust very little, it's a huge hassle, But I've taken responsibility for feeding myself, it's up to no one else.

Thank god for Ezekiel bread and eggs, as well as spicy Thai stir fry, and rice + beans.

Adam
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

last week we were driving over a hill in Iowa corn country, and I saw in the distance, I recognized it right away, a hog truck...and I knew at that moment pork was goner in our household.

the chef was busy reading something and I thought perhaps she would not notice it as we passed...no such luck

and to top it off, it was a weanling truck...so a few hundred painfully cute teenage pigs wiggling and sticking their snouts through the holes

"There goes pork" she said
"Yeah, figured as much" I said
"I need to buy a vegetarian cook book" she said

One of the challenges is that city people have few interactions with the animals that meat come from, and in english, we try to paper over this by calling pig meat "pork", cattle meat "beef".
DaveMars
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by DaveMars »

bette wrote:Working in a garden is good use of time in the sun, or throwing balls at dogs.
Love
Bette
Had to LOL you, Bette. I throw balls _to_ dogs, not _at_ them. I loved the visual, you working in the vegetable bin and some eager Labrador stomping the onions and then "Whack" he takes a green tennis ball to the skull. ;^)

I am in the midst of a dietary revolution, and it's a BEAR. 25 years in the Navy and I have eaten some serious gruel they tried to pass off as food. Of course, at the time I chowed down thinking nothing of it. The resiliency of youth saved me.

Recently a wise woman has guided me to the vegetarian path, which we are travelling together. Much, much healthier. But here's the thing - already, simply by avoiding meat, we almost cannot eat out. And it is also difficult sometimes to eat at home since our cupboards now contain "ingredients" instead of "food." Think on that a sec.

This morning when I got to my desk I had a small pastry I made last night. By the time the last bite was done I could feel my heart beating hard. I never noticed that before. I assume it was the big sugar hit. I looked over at the warm espresso machine longingly, and thought - "Sheesh, I'm already zinging from the sugar. Do I really need cafeinne and more sugar on top?" So I forego espresso, a huge habit with me. I don't want to have a love-hate thing with my beloved espresso, but, alas, it seems inevitable.

But the more we try to eat healthy the further we remove ourselves from our culture and others around us (to the extent that eating is communal) and create that wonky Vegan Syndrome where you can't help but come off a bit superior and uppity. I don't want that, but I don't want to eat garbage either.

The Matrix really has evolved to a place where we the non-farmers who cannot necessarily grow our own food because we live and work in the city or suburbs, and we spend our days at the mill or the office, have darn little choice about what we eat since even the "good" stuff is mostly lies and mislabeling (ala "organic" and all that it doesn't mean).

Going off sugar seems like a really good idea, but it becomes one more stone in what already feels like a heavy backpack we have to carry around with us as we disconnect from a corrupt system. That said, perhaps looming economic changes will "allow" us to begin to eat local, to eat less, and to be healthier for it. Silver linings.

I guess you buy your ticket and you take your ride.

Dave
"sub specie aeternitatis"
Dave
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Dave,

Try to find a copy of the book: Diet for a small planet by Frances Moore Lappe. This can provide some good thinking, in my opinion, about living without meat and within the means of the planet as an ecology. There are ancient grains or seeds from back in Mayan times that you might consider also. Quinoa and amaranth, for two. There are others. Different amino acid profiles to provide the balance we need. There are sources on the Internet for things not available locally and a microwave can do all the cooking more efficiently than a stove top and with less dishes to deal with. Can't help with vegetables as that must come out of the soil somewhere close by for freshness. You also must supply the necessary change in your thinking and 'taste' to deal with this.

Ted
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

DaveMars wrote:But the more we try to eat healthy the further we remove ourselves from our culture and others around us (to the extent that eating is communal) and create that wonky Vegan Syndrome where you can't help but come off a bit superior and uppity. I don't want that, but I don't want to eat garbage either.

I guess you buy your ticket and you take your ride.

Dave
Yeah, if you think vegetarianism isolates you just wait until you really absorb MBT and start looking at reality completely differently. Quite a few people on the board have talked about this and it is something that has happened to me too. But after awhile you adjust and you just cannot believe the crap that most people eat. I can almost always find a salad or something to eat when I go out or over to someone's house.

I just watched a PBS program with Dr. Daniel Amen. He does brain scans and works with people with brain problems through trauma or dementia. He showed a lot of brain scans of people who eat poorly, don't exercise, drink etc. Really scary. It can all be turned around with good habits.
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

@Dave

I think part of MBT is to not be a show off.

When a guest, I often take a very small symbolic portion of meat and load up on everything else. The key higher ruleset aspect of MBT is that you avoid purchasing meat. Eating meat, separate from the act of purchasing, is a separate intent linked to the selfish motive of health.

Although sugar in processed products is a challenge, adding sugar to things is a no brainer, just use stevia, and experiment with its different forms. A very little goes a long way.

In the broader scheme of things, a half glass of wine with dinner, and a cup of coffee in the morning, should be quite low on the priority list. It would be useful for Tom to weight and order the importance of his guidances.

For example, hand wringing about a morning cup of coffee, but not meditating, might be putting the cart before the horse. Not sure.

I suggest reading Joel Fuhrman for guidance on nutritional intensity, which points to veganism.

Return to “How MBT affected me”