Return Home
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:03 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:55 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Chapter 1, Introduction to Section 3 reads “AUM evolved space-time consciousness construct to provide us with the experience we need to help it lower its overall entropy. Is this not as crystal clear as the morning dew? If you do not understand this now, you will understand it clearly before you have completed book 2.“ I chuckled when I read this after finishing Section 3 because it is now as crystal clear as the morning dew. This section really solidified the concepts presented in the first two sections.

I am not a deep thinking person. That is not required for My Big TOE. What is required is an open mind and the ability to question whether something “makes sense“ to you. These books are so stunning in their logic and straight forward thinking that I am left with “no wiggle room“ to make rationalizations about my beliefs and intents. The result is that I am facing issues (beliefs, fears, wants) that I either didn't know I had or thought it was OK to have due to cultural beliefs. On page 56 the sentence “I have to ask: What do your motivations and actions say about the quality of your consciousness“ has profound impact for me due to the logical and sensible context built around it. In other words, I’m left with no wiggle room to rationalize and deceive myself.

I had to read Chapter 9, “Life and Love in the Petri Dish“, three times. The “what-you-feel-reflects-what-you-are internal quality meter“ makes complete sense as a feedback mechanism. I have read and heard a thousand times, in various ways how no one or no circumstance makes me feel the way I do. That’s nice I thought and kinda true but if only the people who wrote that had to endure the daily grind I have to endure then they would know it was impossible. By the time I was done with Chapter 9 I firmly knew that I alone am completely responsible for me and the evolution of my consciousness. At the end of that chapter is when I coined the term for myself of “no wiggle room“. Since then, my acknowledgement of my own deceptions, manipulations and intent have become much deeper and consistent.

The concept of individuality and the personal nature of evolving our consciousness became extremely clear after the end of this section. From the treatment of “What’s the Point?“ in chapter 10 to the definition of us as the bridge between the physical and non-physical, it all refers back to the individual.

I’d like to write about a lot of other cool things I’ve discovered in My Big TOE. But it all comes down to this: I believe that there is a lot of truth in these books. Truth that is presented in a way that removes a lot of the ambiguity. There are no organizations wanting to stay in power, no cultural or historical beliefs to get in the way, no personal ambitions to satisfy, just simple, straight-forward truth. These books have done more to motivate me to take true responsibility for who I am and for the evolving of my consciousness than anything I’ve previously encountered. I have noticed a difference in me and the people around me have noticed a difference. If I get angry, it’s because someone or something deserves my anger, right? Not anymore, now I know that I can choose to respond in a way that reflects what I truly want to be. And don't the rules of society say it’s OK to get what you can if you are smarter than others and don't break any laws? They do and that is a rationalization that I use often for behavior that really has negative intent at its origin. That’s what I mean by no wiggle room. My Big TOE is forcing me to stand up straight, look in the mirror and no longer accept lazy and self-absorbed behavior. I don't know how any book could be more personally significant than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good to hear from you again Tom. You’re now about halfway through the trilogy — as I read through your three posts, it seems like you have covered a lot of really productive ground already. You are doing it right — reading slowly, repeating as necessary, thinking deeply as you go: “What does this mean to me personally and to my interactions with others“. I hope you continue to share with us how each section affects you as you progress through the books.

Don't you just love it when every now and again a plan actually works? I tried to anticipate every way my readers might try to wiggle (justify) their way around an eyeball to eyeball confrontation with Big Truth and then proceeded to meticulously block every exit I could think of. Leading a safari out to bag a wild (always baffling, sometimes scary and usually discomforting) Big TOE required me to continually anticipate my reader’s mental and emotional reactions to the material being presented. That’s why many readers, you being one of them, comment that the books appear to be written just for them.

I knew that if my logic was not complete, and compelling (leaving no wiggle room) most readers would find a way to avoid the Big Picture altogether even though that is what they were supposedly looking for — why they bought the book in the first place. Instead of Big Truth they would find a more familiar and comfy place that better suited their beliefs and that imposed little responsibility for the quality of their consciousness or for pursuing personal growth. The promise of BT would transform into the reality of BS before their very eyes and they would never know the difference or what they missed. I would not be allowed to pass go or collect $200 — a failure to communicate. Because I knew my readers would be clever and creative in planning their escape, leaving no logical wiggle room became necessary to give every reader who was capable of it their best chance to understand the larger reality in a way that was both profound and as clear as the morning dew.

You are doing great! Keep on truckin’ there’s a lot more to see and understand as your journey through the reality wilderness continues through book 2 and book 3. All of us keeping up with this discussion topic will be waiting for your next report.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:03 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I ditto what you say, laikashadow. This book, some others about spirituality, and being spiritual are the keys to evolving my consciousness to the highest level possible for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

TT,

Your experience reading MBT is roughly similar to my own and reading your past posts has reminded me about what I had felt at the same points during my reading of the trilogy. Although I do consider myself to be a "deep thinking" person, our experiences seem quite similar. In some ways, we are all deep thinkers because we base our reality upon a set of assumptions which guide our perceptions. The primary difference is that the more "logical" a person is, the more deeply rooted their assumptions are likely to be, but the discomort felt by coming to terms with the inaccuracy of those assumptions is the same.

As TC said, intellectual agreement is not the goal; testing the waters, or tasting the pudding is. Using your internal quality meter to investigate your motivations will have a positive effect on you if your investigations are open and honest. Without open-minded skepticism however, such investigations can easily lead you down the path of rationalizations. When you are progressing, you will know, but you may not be able to explain what is occurring, but that will come. From my perspective, there seems to be no logic (that I possess) which is capable of allowing me to reason out what the improvement is, or how I came to it; it is more like a perception of the reason, although in time, such logic often comes.

As an aside, this has lead me to the idea that intelligence and reasoning are less a matter of thinking, and more a matter of perceiving.

At any rate, it sounds like you are getting something out of MBT. It's a difficult road, but a worthwhile one. Keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:16 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I agree with you, MojiDoji, that intelligence and reasoning is more a matter of perception, and it is heavily influenced by society. I also agree that by using your internal quality meter, you will evolve to a higher level. This is something that I have learned to use to improve myself, and I also use it in conjunction with intelligence, logic, and reasoning to analyze people, situations, experiences, and life in general to be able to understand those things. I continually work on getting rid of society's perceptions and my perceptions that have been shaped and influenced by society.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:43 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for the postings you deep thinkers. Both of you mention internal quality meters. I'm anxious to hear more on that. The only place I have found it mentioned in the book is the place I reference in my posting on Section 3, The "what-you-feel-reflects-what-you-are internal quality meter“. I've taken that to mean that I really am in control. I can react to life in any way I choose. Therefore if I react with compassion, joy, positiveness, etc. to things I used to react to in a less positive way, I will assist my positive evolution.

Reacting in a more positive manner often means giving in to demands on your time when you previously would not have. It often means giving up more of your personal wealth, status, etc. and doing it with a positive (glad to) attitude versus one of my own personal favorites(which I am actively working on), the begrudging attitude.

I feel empowered to simply choose to be happy by reading MBT. I know that sounds trite but it boils down to that. Do I now have less me time? Yep but my kids have more happy daddy time. I get less upset when things don't go my way. And all with a "glad to" attitude.

Am I missing something by simply summarizing this as "I'm choosing to be happy" and is that remotely close to what y'all mean by the internal quality meter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:31 am 
Normal User
Normal User

You are right on, Laikashadow! What you have said is exactly right... feeling from within the positivity, happiness, joy, etc. which will help you with everything throughout life. You are certainly moving in the right direction by taking responsibility for your actions and reacting very differently and positively instead of negatively. That's what it's all about. You will develop your own ways of metering yourself from within, and it sounds like you are definitely on the right track and are already learning this.

Know right from wrong... that is a great meter. If you are in a situation in which you want to do something a certain way, but you are questioning whether you should or not, ponder it for a while first before acting. Ask yourself, "Who will I hurt if I choose this way... if anyone?" "Will I hurt only myself, or will I also negatively affect others as well?"

Of course, no one is perfect, so don't get caught up too much into minute trivial things, but it's a good base to work from. Don't be too hard on yourself in terms of making decisions about what you should or shouldn't eat and things like that. Don't be controlling with yourself. Instead, think of how you can become the best person you can possibly be, and think of how you can influence others in the same way to help them want to do the same. That way, it can and will spread to your children, your other family members, to your friends, and to society in general.

Be a positive model for everyone you come into contact with. Even if you are at the store and someone is rude to you, remember that they are reacting to something that is going on within them, so don't take it personally. Instead, be pleasant and smile and continue being the good person you are, and see how that rude person reacts to you. In most cases, people like that will get the hint. Whether they start changing from that point on or just wake up and realize they don't like how they are being, it should influence them in a positive way. This is the way you can help make everything better and more positive.

Continue to take things in a calm manner and don't get too caught up into things that don't go your way. I know exactly what you are saying, because I was at this stage at one time in my life, and I am SO HAPPY I have learned to let it go.

Perhaps you see this as giving up more of your "you" time, but doesn't it feel better that way? You can still find and make time for yourself. Take advantage of situations when your children are in school, are playing, are with friends, etc. Learn how to maximize your time so you can get the best out of it, and so the ones around you will also benefit from it. There is no greater joy in this life than to be the best you can be and to "give" that to others. Just make sure you protect yourself from getting taken advantage of, though, because there are a lot of people who will do that. You have to find the balance of being who you are, that wonderful, spiritual person, while not opening yourself up to being hurt by others. I know... it shouldn't be that way, but until other people change themsevles for the better, it is inevitable.

Just be true and genuine and sincere and fair to yourself, learn how to look deep inside yourself for answers and to meter yourself, and you will be a terrific, positive influence on everyone around you. Have fun in this life, because it is an adventure and we are here for the purpose of learning and bettering ourselves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:42 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Oh, I forgot to add a couple of things. Going back to what I said about not be controlling with yourself, that is not how one should see it. Rather, one should see it as a way of getting to one's soul, feeling all the love that is possible to feel, sharing and giving that love to others, and being free in a postive way. Let go of things you once thought were so important but are trivial. Look at life and existence with an open mind and attitude.

It's that intrinsic reward that drives us to keep going and wanting to evolve ourselves more and more each day so we can receive it even more. Take full advantage of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Leaping lizards!! A discussion actually taking place within the "Discussion Group."??

Let me just make a little point about word usage and interpretation. When you say "I'm choosing to be happy" you should mean that now you ARE happy. The emphasis needs to be on the "BE," which is about what you are, not on the intellectual action of "CHOOSING," which is about what you do. In other words, the act of choosing -- making more productive higher quality choices should be a reflection of the fact of BEING a better higher quality person, not just acting like one because you think that is a good thing to do. The quality of a being is expressed directly by its intent -- the intent of the being is expressed by the choices it makes. The flow is from quality to choices.

If the emphasis is placed on "CHOOSING" it can be interpreted to be more of an intellectual effort. An intellectual effort to make better more love based choices is good and it may well lead to being a higher quality being -- but not necessarily. Acting better without growing to be better is certainly civilizing and beneficial for everyone around you but it is not to be confused with being better or better being. Even class acts grow old and eventually slip away if they do not actually represent the inner being of the actor. Better, more productive behavior is a result or by-product of reaching a more important goal. You express your clarity on this point when you say: "And all with a 'glad to' attitude".

Our language, the words we use, are often ambiguous which both leads to, and is derived from, our thoughts and goals being ambiguous. Miscommunication with ourselves and others is easy. Verbal and written clarity is always a struggle and makes you sound like a lawyer — or maybe even a scientist.

Tom C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:02 am 
Normal User
Normal User

The fundamental difference in me today versus me before MBT is my intent. Before MBT, positive behavior on my part was often motivated by my desire to secure various approvals (societal, family, cultural, etc) and rewards. That's the actor you describe. My intent today is increasingly derived from my desire to improve or reduce the entropy of my consciousness. That derives from being a better(happier) person. Words are tough. It took me a half hour to write this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Our state is a reflection of our circumstances and our intent. We cannot choose, by intellectual effort, a state that doesn't naturally manifest without some sort side effect (just those sort of effects that indicate our intent and quality). In some ways, choosing is the rationalizting that occurs as our ego and intent wrestle for control of the outcome of our doings. In another way, where intent doesn't come into play, such as whether you should take route A or B to work, choice is the calculation of the probability of a superior outcome. Of course the ego and intent don't really wrestle, but you get my meaning, right?

A choice is a side effect of the process of your intent manifesting action. The choice is not the reason why we do what we do; our intent is. In some ways, there are no choices, but there is free will. Hopefully Tom will weigh in on that point because he talks about it so nicely and I just make it confusing.

Words are difficult. As an aside, the reason why words are so difficult is because talking is a very abstract form of communication. When we talk, we use sounds to represent our ideas, but the representations are not the ideas, so it is up to the listener to form meaning from the representations. The vibrations of air, or the letters in a book do not contain the information we are trying to convey. Of course, the ideas or concepts we have are not formed in this manner, which is why words can seems to fail us.

Your intent and will are what really matters, not the things you do. "Choosing" to do the right thing can become a destructive indulgence. It is often difficult to know why we do the things we do, but the feedback never lies, so watch it intently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for joining the conversation, MojiDoji. Your input, as always, is excellent and right on target.

Tom T, like you, I struggle to communicate clearly. As MojiDoji points out, accurate and clear communication is at its best very difficult -- and at its worst (when the subject matter is unfamiliar to the listener or lies outside his cultural norm) it is almost impossible. We often have to make do with an interpretation that is only a shadow of the original thought. You are doing great with your growth -- and with your communication -- I knew that you were talking about a change in intent and not just a change in behavior — but thought it might be misinterpreted by others (there are many more readers of these discussion groups than participants) and wanted to make the difference between doing and being clear. I really appreciate the honesty and candor with which you describe how MBT has affected you — very insightful.

MojiDoji said:
"A choice is a side effect of the process of your intent manifesting action. The choice is not the reason why we do what we do; our intent is. In some ways, there are no choices, but there is free will. Hopefully Tom will weigh in on that point because he talks about it so nicely and I just make it confusing.“

It appears that there are no choices when you do not consider the ability of the being to change itself, to grow, to decrease its entropy. Our intent changes and thus our array of possible choices change because we change — we grow up and become someone else as we change the quality, the entropy content of our consciousness. When you think of a static (non-growing) entity it appears that new choices are hard to come by — they are who and what they are. Yet, because there is free will there are always new choices, better choices, we just have to grow up enough to grab hold of them and grab hold of them so we can grow up. No chicken and egg problem here, they both happen (evolve) together. Epiphany! Satori! Our desire to grow, evolve, and improve ourselves interacting with our free will delivers many (some large, some tiny) “eureka“ or ahhh ha moments (some almost unnoticeable in their more typical micro form) which accumulate and enlarge our decision space (provide a larger set of choices). This is how we are able to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps — the magic of self-focused evolution trying something new on a chance of increased productivity (growing up, decreasing system entropy). Only dead stuff (no consciousness/no free will) doesn't have the capacity to grow (improve itself) and deliver up a whole new set of bigger and better choices.

Oh yeah, the growth-evolution-bootstrapping factor, I forgot about that.
"

Last edited by twcjr on Tue May 02, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here's a perfect example of one of those problems with talking;

TC said:

"It appears that there are no choices when you do not consider the ability of the being to change itself, to grow, to decrease its entropy"

My meaning of "choice" is in the intellectual decision making process regarding the things that we do, where I think Tom is talking about choice at a more general level. My definition of choice is more similar to the rationalizations that crop up when we need intellectual reasons to comfort us for having a particular idea, so I am thinking not of the possibilities, but of the "act" of choosing by a "rational" person following conventional reasoning.

It could be that I've really got it wrong, but I think that I just say things in an odd sort of way that seems to indicate causal determinism, but this is not my intent. If that's not correct, maybe someday I'll be able to understand what I now see as a subtle difference in a description.

If any of you are interested, Tom took me to school on this topic a while back.

http://www.my-big-toe.com/catalog/BB/viewtopic.php?t=32

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is not "the act of choosing by a 'rational' person following conventional reasoning" simply picking one of the available possible choices within its decision space? The intellectual act of choosing when completed leads to a decision — a commitment to some action, a choice, or conclusion which is the result of the choosing. Does not the verb choosing pick a noun choice from the available possibilities? If a choice was not plucked from the available possible choices, then the actual choosing did not yet take place and is still in process. It appears to me that free will gives the intent of a rational person following conventional reasoning the freedom to choose from the available choices.

A rational person applying conventional reasoning always has choices even if they cannot list them (enumerate them with their intellect). A failure to be intellectually aware of their choices is a failure of intellect and awareness, not a failure of free will or a lack of choices. I am just aimlessly rambling around Moji -- does any of this help define the subtle difference in description that you are noticing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:40 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Perhaps you guys are getting too caught up into nitty gritty details about word choice! I know you are trying to get your points across in the clearest way possible, but there will always be room for someone else having a completely diffferent perception of what's being discussed... don't you think? Sometimes this can make one's head spin even if one understands it! :o :) ;)