Return Home
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 12:39 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is a lot of good Dialogue in this thread

Tom, I Find a contradiction..

Tom: ....within these VR's it appears high entropy beings gained control to the point that it was difficult for lower entropy beings to survive or prosper.....

OM: an IUOC with low entropy if choosing (as you went there) should thrive in that Environment due to the debilitating noise being experienced by all the other IUOC's present? A Low Entropy IUOC would be a god there? no?

TOM: being able to become operative in NPMR is not a skill or string of experiences - its is a matter of growing up - changing the nature of your being - lowering the entropy of your consciousness.

OM: How do 'black arts facilitators gains access then? They are not growing up? The noise level should be too high to be productive or destructive in their case

Tom: to change the entropy of your Consciousness you must change who you are - change your being.

OM: working to eliminate fear, ego and all that is less than 'high quality behaviors' would be considered changing your being? Stop drinking, gambling, Stop beating your wife, Stop being jealous of your friends.
All of which must be coming from your intent at the core level of ur being right? and Not just making an intellectual decision to stop these things and then falling off the wagon every month, to change? To evolve, to grow up? Maybe its a combination of the two?

Mysta.Myth: ........unless a Consciounsess is applying its attention in a certain way while using them(meditation tools)IE mantras plus breathing while daydreaming about ur next vacation or.......... bills..... isnt going to do anthing

Tom: Yes -

OM: In What specifc manner should you put ur conscious attention ? On itself ?

Mysta.Myth: could using the following process accelerate reduction of entropy...
1. ELiminate all fear, Ego
2. Summon humility compassion until they become part of your being
3 trigger NPMR in whatever way possible.
4. continue to explore NPMR methods that work
5 wean off PMR tech

OM: So Accomplishing 1 and 2 will get you that much closer or easier to NPMR experience, IE initial dreams, tests, visions, intermittent encounters...?

Deep down inside I feel the best technique is sitting quietly focusing ones attention on oneself. No mantra, no hemisync. Just you being quiet with your consciousness. Wouldnt this be the best(not the fastest) way to trigger NPMR experience and thus process and profitably use whatever you are ready for naturally?
Wouldn't that be the most powerful and profound of all techniques in the short and long run?
Drugs are obviously useless for our growth.

Paraphrasing TOM: Actions you can take... reading books, meditation, course on remote viewing, not eating sugar etc,
none of it guarantees lowering of entropy - it might lead to it as a catalyst but you must grow up from the inside out beyond any physical or intellectual external forces

OM: Can one measure his/her progress/beingness level? other than through time lapse and looking back? Can you make an assessment at your level of growth?
Monroe said he was able to notice which people never had a Physical existence before, who had many lifetimes etc.
isnt that making an assessment of one's being?

Can it be called as simple as something like the BBOC - building blocks of consciousness?
Evolving... and at some point, an IUOC becomes aware enough of itself that it goes into a different gear and begins feeding upon its own awareness exponentially growing, evolving, changing in being, ascending... ?

OM

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think I hear what you are saying OM. I am thinking about a paper to write about why humans became religious and why religion is no longer relevant. In it there will be discussion of Julien Jaynes theory and book called, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind (1976), that was discounted by "scholars" back then. His basic premise, as I understand it, is that when writing such as The Iliad was done man was basically hearing voices in his head that he attributed to the gods, and then when consciousness evolved enough the voices were no longer attributed the same way. It will start further back with Mesopotamia and further yet if I can find good reference, but these ideas will be included.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:36 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hey that sounds just like me Woof Woof LOL

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OM,

When you ask so many questions at once you get very short answers.... a barnacle indeed.

Tom: ....within these VR's it appears high entropy beings gained control to the point that it was difficult for lower entropy beings to survive or prosper.....

OM: an IUOC with low entropy if choosing (as you went there) should thrive in that Environment due to the debilitating noise being experienced by all the other IUOC's present? A Low Entropy IUOC would be a god there? no?

Tom: Within a physical-type VR, the rule set allows an adult bad guy to dispatch adult good guys out of the VR much more quickly that it takes the good guys to re establish themselves through birth and growing to adulthood. It is always easier and quicker to destroy something than it is to build something. Building requires a benign enough environment that will support and sustain the time and effort required to build.
------------------------------------------
TOM: being able to become operative in NPMR is not a skill or string of experiences - its is a matter of growing up - changing the nature of your being - lowering the entropy of your consciousness.

OM: How do 'black arts facilitators gains access then? They are not growing up? The noise level should be too high to be productive or destructive in their case

Tom: Yes, they are not growing up. The can to some limited extent lower entropy through self control and in the process generally devolve rather than evolve the quality of their consciousness.
--------------------------------------------
Tom: to change the entropy of your Consciousness you must change who you are - change your being.

OM: working to eliminate fear, ego and all that is less than 'high quality behaviors' would be considered changing your being? Stop drinking, gambling, Stop beating your wife, Stop being jealous of your friends.

Tom: No. Behavior is not the key. Behavior may be the result of an intellect producing an image. Behavior is a PMR thing. Intent is the key. Big picture Intent is, by definition, an expression of the core - the real fundamental You -- from the being level. Little picture "intention" or motivation may come from the intellect - an act rather than an actuality.
OM: All of which must be coming from your intent at the core level of ur being right? and Not just making an intellectual decision to stop these things and then falling off the wagon every month, to change? To evolve, to grow up? Maybe its a combination of the two?

Tom: Yes, now you have it. If the core intent is good, the behavior follows naturally. Good intent implies good behavior, while good behavior does not necessarily imply good intent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mysta.Myth: ........unless a Consciounsess is applying its attention in a certain way while using them(meditation tools)IE mantras plus breathing while daydreaming about ur next vacation or.......... bills..... isnt going to do anthing

Tom: Yes -

OM: In What specifc manner should you put ur conscious attention ? On itself ?

Tom: On lowering your entropy (eliminating fear and ego)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mysta.Myth: could using the following process accelerate reduction of entropy...
5 wean off PMR tech

OM: So Accomplishing 1 and 2 will get you that much closer or easier to NPMR experience, IE initial dreams, tests, visions, intermittent encounters...?

Tom: 1 and 2 will do the trick - the rest are optional.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Deep down inside I feel the best technique is sitting quietly focusing ones attention on oneself. No mantra, no hemisync. Just you being quiet with your consciousness. Wouldnt this be the best(not the fastest) way to trigger NPMR experience and thus process and profitably use whatever you are ready for naturally?
Wouldn't that be the most powerful and profound of all techniques in the short and long run?
Drugs are obviously useless for our growth.

Paraphrasing TOM: Actions you can take... reading books, meditation, course on remote viewing, not eating sugar etc,
none of it guarantees lowering of entropy - it might lead to it as a catalyst but you must grow up from the inside out beyond any physical or intellectual external forces

OM: Can one measure his/her progress/beingness level? other than through time lapse and looking back? Can you make an assessment at your level of growth?

Yes, eventually, but not in the beginning.
---------------------------------------------------
Monroe said he was able to notice which people never had a Physical existence before, who had many lifetimes etc.
isnt that making an assessment of one's being?

Tom: No, it appears that Bob was making an assessment of other peoples being.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Can it be called as simple as something like the BBOC - building blocks of consciousness?

You have free will, you can call it whatever you want.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evolving... and at some point, an IUOC becomes aware enough of itself that it goes into a different gear and begins feeding upon its own awareness exponentially growing, evolving, changing in being, ascending... ?

Yes, something like that, but please change the word "feeding" to building". The acceleration implied by the word "exponential" is accurate for a long time but not forever - though personal growth continues indefinitely because the system is also still evolving, eventually the rate must slow. Don't be concerned, you are not approaching the slow down point just yet. :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom C

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:06 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

"OM - Monroe said he was able to notice which people never had a Physical existence before, who had many lifetimes etc. Isn't that making an assessment of one's being?

Tom: No, it appears that Bob was making an assessment of other peoples being."

Jer says - Tom, I think he's being grammar conscious while referring to Monroe's reading of others , not referring to his own being.

It's an interesting topic, could you comment on if you share this perception of Monroe's? I don't believe you've commented too deeply on reincarnation in either these forums or the books, although I'm not through the third one yet. Is it useful to model the brain as primarily blocking our access to previous lives, or is it more correct to think of our consciousness putting a filter on? I know at a more fundamental level it may not be useful to even think of the brain and consciousness as separate. It seems that those who have had near death experiences can experience the past memories again during the near death state.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Freaking grammar anyway, the bete noire` of my current reality. ;)

Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3631&p=9216&hilit=forgetting#p9216 for some reincarnation dialogue.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
5 wean off PMR tech

Tom: 1 and 2 will do the trick - the rest are optional.
I remember you saying that the next book you write is going to be about the differences between men and women, so I vote for the book after that to expand on points 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think we need to create Thomas Campbell groups in certain regions so those that are more down the line can help assist those who are on their way - Mentors. We could routinely meet and discuss techniques as well as question and answer sessions.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:40 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I think I hear what you are saying OM. I am thinking about a paper to write about why humans became religious and why religion is no longer relevant. In it there will be discussion of Julien Jaynes theory and book called, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind (1976), that was discounted by "scholars" back then. His basic premise, as I understand it, is that when writing such as The Iliad was done man was basically hearing voices in his head that he attributed to the gods, and then when consciousness evolved enough the voices were no longer attributed the same way. It will start further back with Mesopotamia and further yet if I can find good reference, but these ideas will be included.
Love
Bette
Hi Bette
I have an interesting article written on Jaynes theory from my understanding everyone was in touch with the One Mind before it all broke down, like bees all follow the mind of the hive. There is evidence from diverse areas that the residiual effects of the one mind can be accessed today. Jung and his collective unconscious springs to mind, as does the work of Rupert Sheldrake, and what about the 100 monkey syndrome that suggest morphic resonance.
I will dig the article out and send it to you when I get time by scanning it then e-mailing it to you if you would like to read it.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's very nice of you Tom(zen8), when you have the title of it, and author put it here and I can see if I can locate it in the database I have access to through my school to save you some motions. I'm an article junkie, heck I might even already have it. ;). Thank you so much. Jaynes got ski rude as did Calhoun and his rodents, by the establishment, imo.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I find it very common, now, to be looking up one person only to link into another with the same name, but with very different and as interesting topic. Check this out, specifically unpublished articles numbered 20, and 21, and 24. http://bayes.wustl.edu/etj/node2.html. I'm trying to read (understand) 20 right now.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow what an interesting find!