Return Home
It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:01 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Relationships
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Ted and Inger,

Ted that was my first thought... but in a practical sense, what might I say to her? "Cheer up!~... after all it IS a learning experience!~" would in fact be a cruel and insensitive thing to say. "Tests" like this one, in which there are seemingly only wrong answers and unsatisfactory options, can be pretty pesky and lead to an increased entropy often more easily than the reverse.

Inger, I pretty much always felt as you do it sounds like. When I was young for a year or two I was in a 3-way marriage. It was interesting. Then we parted ways. No anger or any such nonsense, in fact we stayed in touch for years.

-Montana

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:39 am 
Curator
Curator

So you were only young for a year or two? The three way did that to you, eh?

Certainly no good and pleasant choices. I've been there and she has my sympathy.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It was a good learning experience, and no harm done.

Back to the friend: She apparently thinks that suicide may be the best option. She says she can make it look like a heart attack. So you see why I am advocating for solutions here.

Thanks,
Montana

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It takes at least three people to raise a child these days.

Montana, have you introduced her to The Path videos?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Montana,

You friend needs to see a psychologist and/or a legal advice. When a suicide is one of the options, it might be your friend is not able to think clear, and her psychological health, and,as a consequence, her life is in danger. You need to be very careful with all your suggestions, because she might be incapable to make a distinction between her responsibilities as a business partner and that she isn't responsible for her parter's choices.

Indeed, she needs a friendly ear and a shoulder to cry on, but, it seems to me, she needs more help, than just that.

Lena

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm 
Curator
Curator

Montana,

Lena is very much right. I'm not even sure that a typical psychologist is good enough in favor of a psychiatrist, with a medical degree and able to give her the support of an appropriate prescription. The lawyer is a definite need also although I think it will be hard to find one who will be helpful in a complicated interpersonal situation like this. My experience with the quality of lawyers as decent human beings who can advise in a situation that you describe is that they will be rare as compared to the typical pettifogging shyster variety. Someone who knows a lawyer personally and well might be able to refer her to someone helpful.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The amount of genuine and true information of this forum is stunning!
Information is always only information untill experienced, and at the age of 25 I must say that I am glad to have experienced destructive relationships, I truly understood what Tom says here about them. It is like a universal law now that I think about it, it actually works every single time. By being manipulative and constantly trying to make the partner think this and that about oneself, is all ego. It's like bouncing a growing slimy ball back and forth, in the end it explodes and what a mess!
Better to polish this ball, to make it beautiful, and then just sending it away to see what happens without fear.
How can I have missed this before?

Now, I wonder, when this data is in place, can I call my ex to try again. I still love her. I guess this is jumping back to stage 1 because then I would be in the trying zone again (fear zone). Man, how my ego is struggling nowadays =)