Return Home
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:38 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
But your saying at this point there is really nothing special about this new "consciousness evolved inside the brain", theory
No, it is no different then any other research in how the body works. They are just researching the ruleset biology for humans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Linda ,
Quote:
No, it is no different then any other research in how the body works. They are just researching the ruleset biology for humans.

yup, thats quite true ... Although I am enjoying it quite a bit so far.. ( I am just about half way thru it now )..

I really like the both optical and audio examples of how our consciousness works on those..

For those, that have watched the video , than you know what im referring to..

For those that have not , I will provide a time stamped link for when those get started-

https://youtu.be/xRel1JKOEbI?t=1260

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 pm 

It's definitely an interesting video, regardless of what you believe is true, if you haven't actually watched it, you should.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Josh, thanks for your posting..

I am only still about half way thru the video so far :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
A few posts above you wrote
Quote:
The IUOCs are projecting of fragment of themselves, the FWAU, into the rendered PMR data stream according to MBT theory.
And you use the same phrase here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&p=110133&hili ... ts#p110133
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11850&p=108919&hil ... ts#p108919
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11296&p=107785&hil ... ts#p107785

The IUOC projects a fragment of its consciousness into a data stream. The referenced fragment is an FWAU.

Here is what Tom states in the book 2 section 4, chapter 54 page 511 trilogy: "We are created as individuated units of consciousness within the virtual reality of NPMR. Then we project a fragment of that individuated consciousness into a second order virtual physical reality called PMR."

I stand by this statement in its original context as is supported by the trilogy above. The IUOCs are projecting a fragment of themselves, the FWAU, into the rendered PMR data stream according to MBT theory.

Statement of fact according to MBT theory: An IUOC projects a fragment of its consciousness into a virtual reality called PMR. The fragment is called a FWAU.

I am not stating an FWAU projects as you allege Linda, I am stating an IUOC projects. Tom states above that the IUOC projects. You are going down the wrong rabbit hole.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"The IUOC projects a fragment of its consciousness into a data stream." This is a metaphor to explain the process. "Do not take it literally". Tom explains his theory of consciousness evolution in the following interview. At around 24.0 the function and creation of the FWAU is explained. At around 41:55 he cautions us not to take the metaphors literally because they simply explain the function and creation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6omqNaj ... tu.be&t=1s

So the use of projected, gets,give, rendered, imagined, focus, etc.. are useful metaphors but they are subordinate to the understanding of the function and creation of the IUOC/FWAU and all other aspects of MBT theory.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom uses a lot of words to try and get his ideas across. It depends upon what degree you want to understand the theory.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I project myself into PMR at intervals of Planck time and over distances of Planck length. The flickering can get annoying sometimes. It may be time for an adjustment in the speed of light. :p lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are getting data from The Big Computer that you are interpreting as flickering.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You are getting data from The Big Computer that you are interpreting as flickering.
Yea my big computer is getting pretty old. Maybe I just need to upgrade my video card? Maybe a monitor with a higher refresh rate.

Maybe I’ll take it into the geek squad and have them look at it. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John , Linda + others ..

I just finished watching the video and I wanted to give you guys my initial impressions before I forget them LOL..

First on the title of the thread-

Is “consciousness” actually just confined in the brain?

This really isnt reflective of Anvil Seth's position, i mean in the sense hes trying to drum up a debate between consciousness fully deriving from the PMR rule set. or whether consciousness could be a non local effect,, The reason is I dont think he entertains the idea in any way that consciousness is non local ..

I think this is more a curiosity/ learning position from our newcomer Josh , who started the thread :)
I mean this as no criticism toward Josh in any way .. And it is just the kinda posting I would expect in a new comer who starts of as both open minded / Skeptical
To me the proper mindset and initial starting approach any newcomer should have really..

As far as the video itself, there were actually elements of it to me that are quite supportive of MBT concepts , and i would be happy to elaborate on a couple of these from my own interpretations in my next posting if any one is interested ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
As far as the video itself, there were actually elements of it to me that are quite supportive of MBT concepts , and i would be happy to elaborate on a couple of these from my own interpretations in my next posting if any one is interested ?
I see the video as being supportive of MBT concepts in that what can be measured or observed about the brain, the body and the universe is reflective of what happens within consciousness.

I would be interested to hear your interpretation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

First on the title of the thread- Is “consciousness” actually just confined in the brain?

This really isnt reflective of Anvil Seth's position, i mean in the sense hes trying to drum up a debate between consciousness fully deriving from the PMR rule set. or whether consciousness could be a non local effect,, The reason is I dont think he entertains the idea in any way that consciousness is non local ..
In theory, Anvil Seth's approach is deterministic or bottom up:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBOBWLAn ... e=youtu.be

Further, his conclusion is drawn from an intellectual level objective awareness based on humanistic concepts of consciousness.
Quote:
By all means share your interpretations.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Is the freed mind. The one who can think for themselves. Maybe your not ready yet. That’s ok. We’ll keep the fires burning for you. :)