Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:43 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: NOW FOR THE ADVENTURES!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:36 pm 

Greetings Tom

now that you have shared your big toe with us, how about your little toe? I would love to read a book or blog about some of your experiences. I know its only enteratainment from a learning point of view but it would be fascinating to hear of some of your adventures...

Seeker, observer, artist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blue,

I often hear that request. If I told you about my adventures in NPMR you could either believe me or not -- nothing gained, much to lose. A distraction to you, a solid right hook to the tar baby for me. When the truth travels far enough beyond incredible, it should be kept to one’s self or nothing but mischief becomes of it.

Definition: 1) Beyond belief, impossible or very difficult to believe, not credible.

Bob Monroe and others have described the backyard of consciousness. I started out in that back yard with a mission — a role I had been trained and groomed for since childhood (and to some extent long before that). I didn't stay in the back yard very long -- the execution of that mission has delivered experiences that I cannot put into a context that you could find credible (you will have to trust me on that) — like, for example, something similar to the way you probably find Monroe’s experiences credible. That won't work here.

My most significant contributions to the evolution of consciousness, by far, have been in NPMR, not PMR. For reasons of effectiveness, I live here but my real job is there. Sounding like a madman (beyond credible) is not on the path to increasing the potential of a budding significant impact here in PMR. The potential gain (very small) is not worth the risk (large). There is plenty of description of the NPMR experience available to serve the purpose of opening people to the possibilities. If it is generally limited, belief bound, and PMR centric that is of little matter — at least it’s concept of NPMR is somewhat comprehensible to its readers. One step at a time — too big of a step creates more confusion than illumination. This is not yet the time for bigger steps. Already I am pushing your credibility to the limit (perhaps past the limit) with this vague description — and I haven't even dipped in my pinky toe yet.

Such entertaining description is not a place I want to go, not the discussion I want to have, and not the box I want to be put in nor remembered by. I would rather do something more useful. In the big scheme of things, such description is just not that important no matter how much fun you suspect it might be. What I have learned that may be of value to others, I am eager to share. What I have experienced I will take with me when I leave. As you have heard, sometimes discretion is the better part of valor and the foundation of caring.

Tom C

Last edited by twcjr on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:09 am 
Normal User
Normal User

As much as I would like to hear about your experiences I understand what you're saying and respect you even more for your decision.