Return Home
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 723 Next
 Post subject: Re: Moral Code Part II
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted I think kroeran has read them, for some reason.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have read them through once, but judging from the volume of requests that I read the books, I must not have absorbed much! ; - )

now that I have learned the electronic search method via Google books, I can be more effective, but its lonely talking to a google bot

"you will learn more about Buddhism by having a bar brawl with Buddhist, than by reading a book about Buddhism" kroeran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Look
It's a very good thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2834&
It also goes into your last question about death, FWAU and IUOC, a subject that is hard to understand.
very nice link!!!!

highlight

Tom: "YOU are playing a data stream computer game that produces experience (the best teacher) and have just decided to change YOUR character's outfit (called a "meatsuit"). Nobody dies. YOUR character in the game is limited to work within the games rule-set. That character (you) is a projection of a copy of a portion of YOUR content, a part of YOU (the big YOU), a virtual characterization of YOU constrained by a rule-set -- a virtual alter ego -- working to become an alter no-ego. Little you is actually the big YOU in a constrained cowboy disguise, stop identifying with the little virtual you that doesn't really exist except as a virtual character in a computer game. YOU occasionally switch the virtual character's meatsuits to gain different experience and continue to play the game because YOU learn so much from it since the constraints of the rule-set simplify experience, interaction and feedback to a more effective level for learning. Nothing dies, your characters don't die, they are just virtual - virtual characters can't die, they are made up for the game, they are not real. Constraints come and go on a portion of YOUR content, that's all, and only during the coprocessing time share. YOU are real, not virtual, YOU are consciousness -- the sum of all YOUR virtual and non virtual experiences. YOU are using multiprocessing to send you (a portion of YOU) to a private school with rigid rules while YOU stay home and play computer games -- how sweet is that. You who are really YOU are identifying with the wrong you."

who is doing OBE? little you, or does your virtual self step back and you shift awareness to big you when in NPMR?

how is death (rest between incarnations) different than being obe? are you still bombing around do'in stuff?

how is NDE different than being obe? is it the same physics?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
kroeran,

You forget that we are talking virtual realities here. We have an IUOC existing at an 'address' on the Reality Wide Web. That IUOC functions as an integral part of The One Consciousness. That IUOC also has a virtual self or FWAU that continuously experiences itself as a being existing within NPMR and functioning according to the rule set of NPMR. That FWAU, let's call it FWAU(npmr) for short, interacts with its guidance and a decision is made that it is getting time to experience a new dose of PMR. To some degree, greater or lesser, parameters are established as to the characteristics of the new PMR experience packet. Depending on the training situation best suited for the development of FWAU(npmr), that could be anything from whatever comes down the pike next to elaborate specifications, requiring a much longer wait, of country, ethnicity, sex, economic status, intelligence, specific parents, etc. All of these decisions will be made on the basis of probability as this is preplanned before the conception. None of this is left to chance and is scheduled ahead with a waiting list.

A particular FWAU(npmr) may have specific feelings about when they wish to start experiencing the consciousness of the fetus to be. In any case, this fetus to be is virtual and exists only as probability or with some degree of intent on part of the parents to be. There is no evidence of its existence until the mother experiences some of the signs of pregnancy. Remember, it is all virtual, just data in TBC to be presented to the participating FWAUs over the RWW. When the time agreed upon for the FWAU(npmr) to start experiencing the consciousness of the fetus, a new virtual self, a FWAU(pmr) is partitioned within the IUOC with the characteristics out of the inventory available within the IUOC to experience the new PMR experience packet. At that time, the IUOC has its input streams rescheduled by TBC setting aside a new time slot for the periodic experiencing of a new PMR delta t. The data stream is created representing the experience of the fetal FWAU(pmr), rendered for specifics and delivered within the new time slot via the RWW.

The consciousness resides within the FWAU(pmr) on the RWW and it will consist at first of whatever limited awareness the fetus at its developmental stage, per the PMR rule set, allows. Correlate this with your questions and there are your answers. If you are talking about a child with you as a parent of that child within PMR, as Tom was answering a question about above, remember that you also as the parent are a virtual being experiencing PMR as a data stream coming over the RWW. You can communicate with that child before birth and as Tom discussed. You can communicate with your spouse in that same way, if you choose to make the effort and learn to do so. You can communicate with the recently deceased and there is a reasonable probability that they will wish to communicate with you. It's all communication over or experiencing of data streams over the RWW within a virtual experience.

Finish reading the books and these questions will likely be answered already without your having to ask or our having to answer. This will be useful to many so I have gone into the details.

Ted
niiice! it will take me some time to absorb this

the communication thing is interesting. She picks up my thoughts now to the point that I have to self edit my thoughts.

One thing I noticed was people making postings here in response to my thoughts, which I had not written.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kroeran:
SS:

who is doing OBE? little you, or does your virtual self step back and you shift awareness to big you when in NPMR?

It is the virtual self that does the OBE, we don't automatically change our being/perspective by going OBE. The virtual self is the launch pad and the rocket in all NPMR exploration.

how is death (rest between incarnations) different than being obe? are you still bombing around do'in stuff?

The biggest difference would be perspective. When one is "OBE" one is still alive here in PMR, so our perspective is limited to that. When one is "resting" the perspective is larger, and the goal is clearer.

how is NDE different than being obe? is it the same physics?

NDE is pretty much the same as OBE, the difference being that NDE's are specially designed for the one transition (or close to), the experience is of course different as we hear in the thousands of reports. There is a whole reality frame just for those transitioning.

I suggest that we stay on-topic from now on :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:06 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I learnt a quote recently in relation to this which made me think a little!

- 'Morality is the herd instinct of the individual'

Nietzsche

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I learnt a quote recently in relation to this which made me think a little!

- 'Morality is the herd instinct of the individual'

Nietzsche
Thinking is my favorite hobby. That is a good thinker quote. Thank you.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Morality is the consideration of the impact on others and the greater community of your decision making. - kroeran

any action that does not involve someone being trespassed on (victimless), cannot be immoral.

some will give it some consideration, higher consciousness individuals will give it great consideration, and a few perhaps will give it overconsideration to the point of neurosis

in this way, I don't believe life is the elimination of ego and the ascendance of the transpersonal (community) in an absolute sense, but rather, finding that efficient balance between the two. I am open to being convinced otherwise.

for example, I don't see Mother Teresa as an example of highest consciousness - or at least the idea of Mother Teresa, rather, I would look to life T. Campbell is leading as being closer to a perfection of balance between self interest, family responsibility, and service to community.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
for example, I don't see Mother Teresa as an example of highest consciousness - or at least the idea of Mother Teresa, rather, I would look to life T. Campbell is leading as being closer to a perfection of balance between self interest, family responsibility, and service to community.
It's hard to say for sure, but on the outside looking in, Mother Theresa appeared to me to be as advanced in terms of her consciousness as any being I've yet encountered. If one can look beyond the belief system she is associated with, one sees a level of consciousness that is remarkable within our PMR.

Theresa, like Tom C, was clearly a messenger of the higher truth. Tom communicates his messages via publications and public speaking, Theresa through her actions, demonstrating the human potential to embody unconditional love and carry out right action within this world.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What does it say about a consciousness that devotes their life to relieving the suffering of people, but who will not advocate something (birth control) that would greatly help relieve the situation? I've always felt conflicted about Mother Teresa.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
What does it say about a consciousness that devotes their life to relieving the suffering of people, but who will not advocate something (birth control) that would greatly help relieve the situation? I've always felt conflicted about Mother Teresa.
It might say more about the consciousness of the belief system supporting her and her organisation at the time. Like so many conscious beings in history, she was working within the confines of a very dominant set of social values. I guess one is required to weigh up another's actions in context with the conditions of existence in which those actions are created.

Even then, I'm not sure if there is a correct view or an incorrect view in terms of contraception. I have my own view that contraception is most definitely a good thing - but I would hesitate to go so far as to label Teresa's views 'wrong' - existing as they did in a different time, place, culture and set of life experiences. Conundrum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, I agree with you. But isn't that what sets aside the really low entropy consciousness? The ability to be able to put aside all that dogma and see what would be for the greater good. To allow women who cannot support the children they have to stop having children isn't much of a stretch. And she was faced with it day in and day out for years and years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It is tricky to imagine what that environment must have been like to operate in - but I think it may have been a simple matter of perspective as opposed to dogma. She seemed to love life and viewed contraception and abortion as a way of depriving opportunities for life to be - in my opinion, this isn't necessarily a high entropy or incorrect view so much as it is simply a different view to our western conventions. Yes, as a consequence, lack of contraception bought about: illness, poverty, dispossession and disease. However such intense living conditions lend themselves very effectively to personal and societal evolution. Hardship can provide strong opportunities to learn and to demonstrate compassion to one's self and to others.

Teresa, and those like her who practice a selfless service to others, may not have had the opportunity to evolve to their levels of consciousness without the conditions of suffering that were present in their societies. The right-actions derived from right intent may have had fewer chances to be realised in a less deprived and overpopulated environment. Maybe at some deeper level this was understood, and hence the conditions themselves were questioned less than the needs of the individuals suffering from them. In any case, her actions certainly inspired many to act with more compassion - which helped our collective evolution a lot I'd be willing to bet ;)

If you could imagine a more perfect world, such as we strive to envision in our idealised utopian societies - one has to wonder where the opportunities for less advanced consciousness to evolve would arise. At the current time, our world reflects the level of consciousness of its inhabitants. When we no longer need to suffer to evolve, we will find ourselves living peacefully and in less intense living conditions. Until that time, overcrowding, illness, poverty and disease will continue to provide opportunities for conscious growth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

this discussion raises the question of the role of religious celibacy (monks and nuns) in Catholic and Buddhist traditions and if this is a manifestation of extreme consciousness or an anachronism that will pass away into history.

I wonder if contemplative monks and nuns have been zooming around in NPMR all this time and not telling anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
this discussion raises the question of the role of religious celibacy (monks and nuns) in Catholic and Buddhist traditions and if this is a manifestation of extreme consciousness or an anachronism that will pass away into history.

I wonder if contemplative monks and nuns have been zooming around in NPMR all this time and not telling anyone?
Who would they tell, each other? Who would believe them?
Love
Bette

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 723 Next