Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:56 pm 

Hello there,

I'm a new member and this is my first inquiery. I'm hoping that Tom will answer my question directly.

I'm on book 2 and have not finished it yet and so please forgive me if my question sounds uninformed.

In Book 2, Section 3, Chapter 6, p.91 Tom writes "The Big Cheese is clearly a male entity" and also "Yes, nonphysical beings can have sex, but not as we do...". My questions are thus:

1. how are you defining what is "male" and what is "female" if reprouction as you state is not an issue here? I imagined that in NPMR there would be no male or female entities and that this only applied to earth, but of course I have not ventured "out" as much as Tom has. Basically, what is "male" and what is "female" in NPMR?

2. Also, in a Robert Monroe interview on Youtube Monroe talks about meeting with a non-physical being who was a "he/she". Tom states (ibid.) that " beings can be male, female, or neither"; was this he/she in Monroe's encounter a "neither" in Tom's definition do you think?

3. Is it possible that in another NPMR the Big Cheese there is a female entity? If this is the case then how is the sexual identity of a given NPMR decided or evolved? In which case how does the sexual identity of a given Big Cheese influence his/her jurisdiction if you like?

4. Regarding non-physical beings having sex: Please explain more.

I've read another thread on Big Cheese and sexuality and I'm none the wiser so please if you could clarify this for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joolsner: 1. how are you defining what is "male" and what is "female" if reproduction as you state is not an issue here? I imagined that in NPMR there would be no male or female entities and that this only applied to earth, but of course I have not ventured "out" as much as Tom has. Basically, what is "male" and what is "female" in NPMR?

Tom: It has to do with how an entity defines himself/herself -- thinks of himself/herself and how one's interaction is interpreted. It is not about body parts, there is no body -- it is also not about drive or reproduction. If the being has been in a PMR where there are body parts and reproduction, it may identify itself with one sex or the other more strongly -- or it may identify with neither -- or it may have no such experience. When I notice maleness or femaleness in an entity that is my personal interpretation -- a metaphor I use to describe the nature of the being, the personality, I am interacting with.
Think of it this way, if you were to correspond with multiple people multiple times over a long period of time by email (to the point that you had an established significant relationship with each as "pen-pals") and their names were not gender specific, then, based on both the information exchanged and the tone and style of the interaction, it is likely that some you would definitely think of a male, others as female, and some would remain indeterminate. If you were describing each of your pen-pals to someone else, your language would force you to use he or she (male or female language forms) and to describe the "neithers" as such. You could refer to each as "this person", however, trying to avoid gender typing (especially if gender seemed obvious) would make your communication stilted and awkward -- PMR languages are very sexually structured. It would be natural, by virtue of your PMR experience and habits, to interpret the content and nature of each interaction as male-like, female-like, or neither. We are creatures of our cultures, much of how we choose interact is dependent on that judgment.
The Big Cheese comes across as definitely "male-like" in terms of my PMR experience -- so that is the way I describe/interpret him. Likewise the Big Cheese is as he is because of the way he defines himself or he wouldn't come across that way. There is no male and female in NPMR in PMR terms (body parts defining gender) --just mannerisms, attitudes and personal styles and approaches that seem more feminine or masculine to PMR veterans. Yes, the Big Cheese has much experience in PMR.

Joolsner: 2. Also, in a Robert Monroe interview on Youtube Monroe talks about meeting with a non-physical being who was a "he/she". Tom states (ibid.) that " beings can be male, female, or neither"; was this he/she in Monroe's encounter a "neither" in Tom's definition do you think?

Tom: There are: he, she, both (alternating or indeterminate), and neither/neuter. These descriptors Represent the self-image of the transmitter and the interpretation of the receiver.

Joolsner: 3. Is it possible that in another NPMR the Big Cheese there is a female entity? If this is the case then how is the sexual identity of a given NPMR decided or evolved? In which case how does the sexual identity of a given Big Cheese influence his/her jurisdiction if you like?

Tom: Of course a female or neuter entity could be a Big Cheese. It would influence their decisions by tone and approach - different personalities. Either could be more effective in different situations.

Joolsner: 4. Regarding non-physical beings having sex: Please explain more.

Tom: What is called "sex" in NPMR is a voluntary, intense, positive, mutual energy sharing/exchange between entities. It can take many forms - all forms are not perceived or interpreted (based on PMR experience) as "sexual". Each individual interprets their "energy exchange" experience in their own way based upon their personal experience. Under certain relational circumstances between entities, it can emotionally feel somewhat like the best of love based PMR sex, but much more expansive and deep, and not so one-dimensional or driven.

Tom C

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Tom: What is called "sex" in NPMR is a voluntary, intense, positive, mutual energy sharing/exchange between entities. It can take many forms - all forms are not perceived or interpreted (based on PMR experience) as "sexual". Each individual interprets their "energy exchange" experience in their own way based upon their personal experience. Under certain relational circumstances between entities, it can emotionally feel somewhat like the best of love based PMR sex, but much more expansive and deep, and not so one-dimensional or driven.
Tom C
Can this be one-sided or is it always mutual?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Tom C
Can this be one-sided or is it always mutual?
It is a sharing/exchange of positive energy between entities. I don't think the same effect can be achieved one-sided, however that is done? Though one can create a data stream of what appears to be another entity, I would not think it is the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are you talking about rape or masturbation?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If I would have done in PMR what I did in NPMR I would be in jail :) Lynda, you can have plenty of pleasure without having another being to exchange with. SS said it right, it is you and the data. It's just data, but wow, we can enjoy it :). No limits.

Clau

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So the meta phor what you think Lynda is asking about is masturbation?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Only Lynda knows what she wants. One-sided can have several interpretations. But anyways, NPMR does not limit your sexual fantasies (same as dreamland). You don't need shapes either, you can just experience pleasure as energy. I do this in PMR, I do it when driving for example.

Claudio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Only Lynda knows what she wants. One-sided can have several interpretations. But anyways, NPMR does not limit your sexual fantasies (same as dreamland). You don't need shapes either, you can just experience pleasure as energy. I do this in PMR, I do it when driving for example.

Claudio
Yeah I was asking Lynda for clarification, I should have made that clear. All I can say about the driving part, and in jest, is "eww, messy" :)

The pleasure as energy thing doesn't seem to require it be "sexual", are all things that are pleasurable sexual, I say no. Therefore there is pleasure in NPMR, and if you want to think of it as sexual sobeit, does that work?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette:

Ohh baby, you got it! (know that song?). You can even pretend to be a man and ...

Clau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Bette:

Ohh baby, you got it! (know that song?). You can even pretend to be a man and ...

Clau
...you can pretend not to be one...;)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You could both pretend to be the other sex, and then ... together. Like getting two flies in one smack, or whatever it's called :P Problem solved :O

Happy experimenting! ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think sex is highly overrated, if I could access NPMR at will I'd be sexless, or ambisexless.
Love
Bette

PS I edited a quite crude group of words (even for me) out of this post at Montana's welcome advice, in case anyone wonders why he is saying this below.

Last edited by bette on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There's something to be said for being glib, and, at times a bit baudy and all...

... but, you know, this is Tom's forum... when he put it together, do you suppose he intended to do so to create a space for exactly that kind of dialog...?

Not to be heavy, just, please, give some forethought as to how your remarks might be perceived, not only by Tom, but by persons just stopping in for the first time etc.

-Thanks,
Montana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
If I would have done in PMR what I did in NPMR I would be in jail :) ... Clau
As far as I'm concerned, thoughts are things. You think a thought, and the thought keeps thinking. I am very careful who I create energetic sexual connections with in my mind, because I believe them to be more than just imaginary.
This video from Desteni Productions says it much better than I could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buf25_rtKC0

I'm still trying to clarify my one-sided question in my own mind. When I get the clarity, I will post clarification here.