Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:05 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tom Campbell allways speaks about "we" having one past. Like a thread.

Did we create this together, or am I simply creating the past from my present choices?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

At each moment in time, you face a broad decision space.

Most people only perceive a narrow band of mechanically available decision space due to various limitations

That narrow band is further narrowed by fear and ego and just doing the same thing over and over, or what your mom or spouse or teacher or boss tells you to do

There is usually the most likly thing you will do at each decision of significance, and the system is normally ready for you to make that choice, and few less likely choices

If you do something really weird, like call your mom, it has to recalculate quickly to render the next DELTA(t) slice of the VR to you

Each decision collapses the probability of what you will do into the actual thing that you did, with all the other things becoming what you did not do, and a whole new set of likly and unlikly probabilities opens up before your perception field

In this way, you build your reality and your decision space.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A few finer points ...

In the MBT-view of the world, it is impossible (and irrelevant) to know if the past "is real". The MBT-model just assumes that whatever is presented as the past is the most probable past.

I'm not sure if the delta t probabilistic calculation must be "directional". The system could just as well run negative t simulations to fill in blanks (and hold everything else constant). It would be impossible to know. Actually, this is a technical point ... it doesn't matter. Like this: a giant fish-tank was closed and sealed off two thousand years ago. No one has observed for two thousand years - so the system hasn't run simulations on it. Just before the fish-tank is revealed again, the system needs to fill in two thousand years of delta t instantly. This would have been unnecessary if the fish-tank was destroyed without examining it.

The entire world (including your memories) could have been installed and the simulation started from a breakpoint that was just a few seconds ago. Your experiences could never reveal which.

In Eckhart Tolle's view - both the past and future are equally "irrelevant" because they are both just thoughts, and ego is attachment to thoughts. Also for things, because we are attached to thoughts about the things.

According to Tolle and buddhism - the point is to detach from the thoughts. This means that your memories of yourself - are not of your real self but just thoughts. The real "you" is the observer of your thoughts.

I think TC would agree to parts of this - but his view places alot of significance on learning from "feedback". I suppose the most difficult part is figuring out what is feedback? Your past?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Feedback to me is how a choice I made that affected other affects me.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

So we are all one person, pretending to be many people?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
So we are all one person, pretending to be many people?
We are all One Consciousness having many experiences.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:34 pm 
Curator
Curator

Luckee,

We are all part of The One Consciousness or AUM. But we also function, like computer software, subroutines which can be called on to process many different data sets. So we function on a rotating basis as AUM for many cycles, then as a FWAU within NPMR for many less cycles and then as an FWAU within PMR for one cycle. Then we start the cycle again, all happening at a fantastically fast rate or delta t, cycling through this repeating sequence. This is all explained in Tom's model, in a few pages on the Wiki, and in his books in hundreds of pages. The explanation is all there, if you just take the time to read and understand it.

Specifically, with regards to your first post, we need clarification and a reference to exactly what Tom said and where in order to answer your question. Tom could have been talking about the past actualized data base, based upon what little information you gave us. But he could have been talking about something else instead. Your question is not clear enough to answer.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

one housekeeping measure...we should pay attention to delta(t) vs DELTA(t), the latter being PMR time, and the former being next fractal level much faster NPMR time that our OS is coded within.

I think the key take away from the theory that we are all part of this Manifold sheet, in that individuation is a bump on the sheet, is that sheetness is more real or solid or significant or persistent, than bumpness, and that this is the basis of the physics of love.

we have to pull together as an integrated body, in the way that the heart works with the lungs, and until we learn this, we experience negative feedback and pain. In this way, at the level of big physics, love is simply smart, a sort of mechanical competence that we should not be patting ourselves on the back for.

love is big selfishness and self interest.

non-love is self harm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I envision time and space as a two-dimensional sheet, with one axis being time and the other being space, extension in past-present as X and location being Y. Above this sheet, hovering, moving, alive, is a sort of squid-thing, in my understanding of things it is the over-soul (not sure which clever acronym applies here since I've only had one coffee this morning) or the FWAU or IUOC, whatever, it is the next higher being "above" us individual humans in PMR. So, this squid-thing extends it's arms down onto the time/space sheet and touches the surface. At the point of intersection "we" appear, an extension or fragment of the over-soul onto space/time. Imagine that as the pointy tip of the arm touches the sheet it lights up a small circle of activity, and the tip of the arm begins to glow a nice golden light. If you look closely from above at the circle of light/activity at the point of intersection you will see all the happenings of my life, your life, like a little movie playing for the squid-thing. Listen carefully, you can hear the conversations, the music, the crying and moaning and laughing and shouting, the prayers and thoughts.

The squid-thing has many, many arms, each of which can reach any point in space/time (any point on the sheet). Each arm, at the point it is touching the sheet, is an individual human life, an experience event or packet, and is experienced by the individual human, you or me, as it's entire life at some point in space/time. Me, for example - I am in Seattle in 2013. Other arms of the same squid-thing are touching the sheet at different times and locations, but are doing it concurrently (possibly but not necessarily), and as such other aspects of the same being are "alive" in other times and in other locations in our universe (and possibly elsewhere) but, as I said, all of them are essentially "now".

When we become sentient in NPMR we can experience some of what the squid-thing is experiencing, although our understanding is limited based on our awareness, our limitations as sub-units of the over-soul. When we sort of aim our awareness back up to our over soul we can then look down to the other arms and experience other aspects of this over soul, not "us" in that these others are not the same fragments as we are, they do not have our characteristics, but they are "of" the same source, and all share the nature of the over-soul, a nature of which we are a part.

So when we experience our "past" lives, what we are experiencing is the subjective reality of other arms touching other space/time locations on the sheet. These "others" are not strictly "us". They do not share our names, histories, or much of us at all. But they are connected to us, and us to them, via a common source, our over-soul, and are all feeding back up to that over soul our experiences, loosh, love, whatever.

All of this experience accrues to the over-soul as evolution of its quality of consciousness. Basically, anything we learn, any growth we incur, goes "up" to that over soul as well as accruing to us individually. When we die in PMR that arm simply lifts up off the sheet. What it does next, I do not know. But I think that my personal identity, some aspect of me, is retained in that individual arm, if it is a profitable one, and it can then hover in NPMR, land elsewhere in some other PMR, or else come back down to Earth in any place/time the squid-thing chooses.

So my "next" life (sequentially) might occur a thousand years ago in Earth time, or on some other place altogether, any place one of the squid-things arms can reach. I suspect the squid-thing is also an individual arm of some larger being somewhere up the fractal chain, but that is a loooong way from here, and I think it might be irrelevant to our existence.

Bob Monroe talked at length about these "others" in his books. His experiences with them are fascinating. Also, Seth talked about this in a similar way. I find it extremely comforting to be in such a company, even though it feels like my personal part is small. It is a far superior philosophy of life than the heaven/hell stuff I grew up with, and definitely better than the hard atheism/nihilism I held onto until recently.

I am not saying there is an actual squid in space. This is just a relational model that works for me to expxlain past lives and our relationship to those "others" with whom we share a common source.

I might have this all askew from what MBT asserts, but it seems logical to me at least in broad outlines as a metaphor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I envision time and space as a two-dimensional sheet, with one axis being time and the other being space, extension in past-present as X and location being Y. Above this sheet, hovering, moving, alive, is a sort of squid-thing, in my understanding of things it is the over-soul (not sure which clever acronym applies here since I've only had one coffee this morning) or the FWAU or IUOC, whatever, it is the next higher being "above" us individual humans in PMR.
In your excellent squid model I think the squid is the somewhat eternal IUOC and the arm is the FWAU.
Quote:
So, this squid-thing extends it's arms down onto the time/space sheet and touches the surface.
yes, manifests/engages/animates a PMR sensor platform
Quote:
At the point of intersection "we" appear, an extension or fragment of the over-soul onto space/time. Imagine that as the pointy tip of the arm touches the sheet it lights up a small circle of activity, and the tip of the arm begins to glow a nice golden light. If you look closely from above at the circle of light/activity at the point of intersection you will see all the happenings of my life, your life, like a little movie playing for the squid-thing. Listen carefully, you can hear the conversations, the music, the crying and moaning and laughing and shouting, the prayers and thoughts.
Live life like you are living in a movie - Italian saying
Quote:
The squid-thing has many, many arms, each of which can reach any point in space/time (any point on the sheet).
I believe according to the model that big computer time (delta(t)) operates much faster but still linearly and that while it is possible to pause and reverse the PMR DELTA(t) tape for some larger purpose, it is normal for incarnations to be sequential.
Quote:
Each arm, at the point it is touching the sheet, is an individual human life, an experience event or packet, and is experienced by the individual human, you or me, as it's entire life at some point in space/time.
Part of MBT is shifting your center of gravity, in some way that I do not really grasp, from your FWAU to your IUOC I believe.
Quote:
Me, for example - I am in Seattle in 2013. Other arms of the same squid-thing are touching the sheet at different times and locations, but are doing it concurrently (possibly but not necessarily), and as such other aspects of the same being are "alive" in other times and in other locations in our universe (and possibly elsewhere) but, as I said, all of them are essentially "now".
According to my understanding of MBT, a normal squid normally touches one space-time PMR at a time, and focuses its attention on that experience. Two arms "in theatre" at one time is possible but rare.
Quote:
When we become sentient in NPMR we can experience some of what the squid-thing is experiencing, although our understanding is limited based on our awareness, our limitations as sub-units of the over-soul.
one of the subjects that interest me is the difference between being in NPMR while resident in a PMR, versus being in NPMR while non-resident in a PMR.
Quote:
When we sort of aim our awareness back up to our over soul we can then look down to the other arms and experience other aspects of this over soul, not "us" in that these others are not the same fragments as we are, they do not have our characteristics, but they are "of" the same source, and all share the nature of the over-soul, a nature of which we are a part.
You might be able to see the other arms when OBE, as Bob did, but I think you have to "die" to see "All That I Am" from the perspective of the Squid.
Quote:
So when we experience our "past" lives, what we are experiencing is the subjective reality of other arms touching other space/time locations on the sheet. These "others" are not strictly "us". They do not share our names, histories, or much of us at all. But they are connected to us, and us to them, via a common source, our over-soul, and are all feeding back up to that over soul our experiences, loosh, love, whatever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation_research

Check out The Ghost Within My Child (Biography Channel)
Quote:
All of this experience accrues to the over-soul as evolution of its quality of consciousness. Basically, anything we learn, any growth we incur, goes "up" to that over soul as well as accruing to us individually. When we die in PMR that arm simply lifts up off the sheet. What it does next, I do not know. But I think that my personal identity, some aspect of me, is retained in that individual arm, if it is a profitable one, and it can then hover in NPMR, land elsewhere in some other PMR, or else come back down to Earth in any place/time the squid-thing chooses.
Tom once mentioned its like taking off a jacket and hanging it on a shelf. You step out of the simulation chamber, but like the pilot trainee, you are different after each simulation experience.
Quote:
So my "next" life (sequentially) might occur a thousand years ago in Earth time, or on some other place altogether, any place one of the squid-things arms can reach. I suspect the squid-thing is also an individual arm of some larger being somewhere up the fractal chain, but that is a loooong way from here, and I think it might be irrelevant to our existence.
The Squid model might be better if you thought of AUM as the squid, each arm is an IOUC, and arm's grow and exercise themselves by interacting with PMRs, one at a time, in sequential history.
Quote:
Bob Monroe talked at length about these "others" in his books. His experiences with them are fascinating. Also, Seth talked about this in a similar way. I find it extremely comforting to be in such a company, even though it feels like my personal part is small. It is a far superior philosophy of life than the heaven/hell stuff I grew up with, and definitely better than the hard atheism/nihilism I held onto until recently.
On the one hand it appears to be the highest peak currently available. On the other hand, "just" new metaphors. That being said, a great relief to be able to talk about these things without all the primordial Jesus talk. However, some people are doing very well with the old metaphors and old worn maps, or with no maps at all, and we may still need to run very fast in order to catch up, even with the help of this shiny new GPS.
Quote:
I am not saying there is an actual squid in space. This is just a relational model that works for me to expxlain past lives and our relationship to those "others" with whom we share a common source.

I might have this all askew from what MBT asserts, but it seems logical to me at least in broad outlines as a metaphor.
Seems to me that you are picking it up quickly.

Nihilism is indeed the universal enemy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I say there are 7 billion characters all played by 8 Actors. I can almost prove...but not quite. But isn't it a cool idea? :) --beau