Return Home
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Seeking advice
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:56 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hey -

Sorry to trouble people here with self-related issues. I am a guy who is getting middle-aged and has Aspergers.
Unfortunately in recent years, I have had real trouble sleeping. Partly it could be related to the condition, combined with anxiety around employment and such factors.

Being unable to sleep properly. I know that brains tend to degenerate sometimes with age and that sleep regulation can be an issue in older people, however I am only 42 and are barely able to function properly and be in a healthy cycle like most other people.

Having such sleep regulation issues means that I have often reverted to dysfunctional coping strategies in order to get some sleep - alcohol etc, which I am really ashamed about. It also means that connection with the LCS is not quite so great.
Definitely the LCS would not desire this - or may present sleep as a challenge for personal evolution in some way?

Definitely I know there are some really inspiring and educated people here. I did not want to put myself on the healing list, as this is rather trivial compared to what other people have had or are going through.

Any kind of feedback is appreciated though. I am sorry that this is about me and not about other. But thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Seeking advice
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

my advice is to stay away from drinking or any addictions. the withdraw can be very terrible as well.

i was having trouble sleeping going for standardized tests for law school application. the LSAT or law school admission test. it is a few hour test and difficult to write when tired. i was unable to get to sleep the night before and woke up early and could not get back to sleep. i guess it was anxiety.. i am not sure.

my mother gave me a natural remedy she got at the health food store. the type of store that sells supplements. it worked very well.

i dont just use theta brain waves for meditation but for fast falling asleep as well. try this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9cp_z3Cg-k&t=3478s the tittle on youtube is "WARNING! Extremely Powerful Brain Wave Theta Brain Waves & Delta Waves White Noise"

just make sure you have the auto play on youtube turned off so it does not just go to the next video on the list. remember that while meditation you are resting as well. sometimes after a night shift working in security just sitting there silently meditating most of the night i will come home and just sleep a few hours.

try to make the resting of your brain begin when you want it with more natural remedies and meditation with theta and delta brain waves.

additionally, getting better at meditation will allow you to almost fall asleep at will. I am able to nap when i feel like it. the beats really help to turn off at will. just remember to set the alarm clock.

good luck with it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks for that. Yes you are absolutely right.
How long did it take you to get yourself in a position where you could sleep at will?
Did you use any daytime alpha entrainment as well? Sleep anxiety is not good when having to perform the next day.
Roughly how many hours were you putting in?

Thanks again

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I was in my 40s I slept very well, but now that I am in my middle 60s insomnia is a frequent problem. Here are some things you can try:
Melatonin
Valerian Root
Magnesium
Glycine
Tryptophan
L-Theanine

Definitely avoid caffeine after 2pm or earlier. No sugar in the evening, and no alcohol. Alcohol tends to get you to sleep for a few hours but after that you wake up and can't get back sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A family member has trouble sleeping so I have been doing
a lot of poking around on this topic.

Things to try,

1) Melatonin regulation
- seek outside light in the morning to burn off
your blood melatonin
- don’t use UV protection lenses in the morning
- use bright artificial light if not practical
- sleep researchers don’t wear sunglasses before evening, and
do wear sunglasses in the house in the evening.
- turn off and turn down the lights after supper to
stimulate melatonin.
- set all your screens low and in blue light
blocking mode.

This is to establish an organic sleep cycle biochemically. Fully waking
up is part of going to sleep later

- take 10 mg delayed release melatonin before bed.Melatonin is
not addictive and is one of the few substance with no toxic dose.

Have caffeine in the morning and no caffeine after lunch. Coffee
is healthy, notwithstanding it may violate Tom’s
rules for hyper clean living and NPMR travel, but first things first.

Check your blood levels for deficiencies. Take Vit D
in the morning. Read up on how any of your meds or supplements may
be affecting sleep.

Eat something before bed and study bedtime foods that promote
sleep.

Wind down mental stimulation approaching
bedtime. No gaming or tweet posting, rather more
passive stuff, low key TV for example.

Engineer your sleep space for total dark and quiet. Use
earplugs if needed. Cool the room to 70F.

Clear your anxieties by meditating at least a few
minutes during the day, rather than only facing
them at bedtime.

What works for me to turn the mind off is TV on shutoff timer
or podcast on short turnoff timer. Set your phone
to airplane mode to avoid phone radiation.

You can also employ a mantra or 100 to 0 countdown.

Don’t turn on any normal lights when going to restroom
at night, rather use nightlights.

If you wake up during night or early morning, and
can’t drop back off, repeat going to sleep
protocol, maybe eat something.

My general observation in life is that people
get locked into a belief about sleep, or any problem,
and it is the belief and disbelief in simple
solutions that prevents solving the problem.

Sleep is fundamental and you should take no
prisoners in this battle. Some professionals
are starting to believe most mental illness is sleep
deprivation at its root.

The risk of alcohol is
addiction, but you will have to consider your addictive
personality risk. Grass might be less risky if
you intention is medicinal and last resort.

One family member uses an occasional clonazapam,
which is very addictive, but she is 83, another
uses an occasional Advil PM, which has its own risks.

Chemistry should be a last resort when natural
approaches aren’t working and you are at wits end.

Easy chemical solutions can be an unsustainable trap.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Interesting comment on alcohol.

My mother tried an L- theanin melatonin combo
and it knocked her out so well and so long, it frightened her.

She passed this fear to my wife, now neither will
try it again and rather resort to actual dangerous
remedies. The irrationality of people drives me nuts.

Clarifying, My comments about chemicals are regarding
prescription drugs, not supplements.

Be mindful of reliability and regulation of supplements.

USA supps are not regulated versus Canadian which are.

You can look up which brands are ok or which retailers are more careful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thanks for that. Yes you are absolutely right.
How long did it take you to get yourself in a position where you could sleep at will?
Did you use any daytime alpha entrainment as well? Sleep anxiety is not good when having to perform the next day.
Roughly how many hours were you putting in?

Thanks again
i have been working on meditation only the last few years since finding MBT on youtube. if you think about it bed time is the perfect time to meditate. you are already laying down closing your eyes in the dark so why not work on your meditation then.

it depends but i am getting better at it. Tom recently spoke about his sleeping abilities. i imagine he is very good at turning off. but even he said if he has alot on his mind it can be difficult...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks again! That is some awesome feedback. A guy by the name of Matthew Walker wrote a really good book on why we sleep.
All of the recommendations that you have mentioned sound equally valid. It sounds like a common issue in people as they get older. According to Matthew Walker, there is a small area in the brain stem that regulates deep NREM sleep that has a tenancy to break down with age. This in turn creates less efficient sleep and can predispose the person to other health-related neurological problems, such as dementia. Trying to think about it - it doesn't seem like an evolutionary purpose. Some things that occur in the PMR rule set seem to violate logic, especially when it seems like they would result in less efficient learning over the later decades.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One way to think about it is that biological
PMR is emergent order with little design if any
and the ONLY requirement of that level is
efficient reproduction.

So, the rule set is absolutely indifferent to health
past the reproductive phase, and may actually
be trying to kill you off to preserve resources
for the reproductively active.

1000 aspects of your physicality have best before
and expiry dates, so it’s simply a matter of
what goes first.

So you begin to become aware that your DNA has
a different agenda than your conciousness has.

Your sensor platform deeply desires to leave as many
children behind, then self destruct, and it is indifferent
to your comfort level through this process.

The level of mind,... logic, self discipline, starts
connecting the dots, taming primal impulse
so that the journey more comfortable for you
, your kin and friends.

Enter stage left incarnate eternal transpersonal
conciousness which has a conflicting agenda with
the primal and the mind.

It is particularly stressed by inconsideration of other
sentience, and may be stressed by excess
order and comfort which can slow down
learning.

There is an alternate school of though of sleep
which suggests sleep in an 8 hour stretch
at night may not be organic.

Tribes had a practical requirement that some
members were awake at all times to be aware
of trouble.

The problem is shoe horning intermittent
sleep with the modern working week.

So, for a retired person, the solution is to
relax about it, and sleep when your body asks
for it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I used to experience the anxiety of sleep deprivation. During the month leading up to my first OB, I began to meditate. The method I use to go OB requires a methodical step by step approach that takes place during sleep cycles. This also requires, sometimes, long periods of thought free moments, lasting 2 hours or more, patiently waiting to phase out of this reality.

I began to realize that long periods in a meditative state of waking consciousness, during normal sleep time, did not deprive me of the rest needed to function during the day. The more I experimented with meditation exercises, during normal sleep cycles, the less anxiety I had regarding sleep deprivation because I was fully rested during the day.

If I want to go OB as a "non-entity" (loosely applied), in this reality, my method is to lull my body to sleep while my consciousness remains in a waking state. The Avatar needs the rest and sleep. Consciousness does not rest or sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dom,

Hey brother, I found myself in a similar pattern after a traumatic experience, I was downing a mid size bottle of everclear every couple nights to bring my body close to alcohol poisoning, hell, I am sure I was even there a few times, that was the only thing I found that would give my mind some peace for a couple days afterwards from the unwelcomed guest in my head and its thoughts, but due to the adverse effects it was having on my body I had to get rid of the alcohol, marijuana used to put me in a relaxed state but now it aggravates the situation so I learned how to grow mushrooms and they actually probably saved me, I was at the point I wanted to be recycled, When you experience yourself when you are not in this reality you notice how light you are and the amount of shit that is gone from your head and your back, it is a vastly more pleasant version of you and I wanted to get that back, I slowly crawled my way back up to functioning, the very early morning walks in nature do wonders for my mind. It is a walking meditation.

Some things that also seemed to help me are, 'c60 in olive oil, Ive been on it for 1.5 years now, you can buy the powder in 1 gram amounts and make it yourself its cheaper https://c60redlion.com/ ' Kiefer - make it yourself its cheaper, you do need to purchase the live grains first though and can get them from Amazon or give me your address and Ill send you some.

Dont be sorry to ask for help, I hate asking for help and it almost ended this experience for me.

-Toby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:49 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Wow Kroeran -

That was a great answer. Very true indeed, great clarity you have there. Put in perspective, it is a little sad, but I guess we shouldn't associate the self with the body. I think you are getting snippets from the LCS there!
The tribal variations of sleep are also genetic. A well know professor in neuroscience, Matthew walker wrote in his book 'the science of sleep' that different individuals in different populations all have slightly different circadian rhythms and evolved that way as it was more survivable - That was when some had a predisposition to stay up late, they protected the sleeping tribe from danger.
Definitely the pressures of the modern day working week punish those with different circadian rhythms due to cultural expectation.

Thanks Jdjr - I never thought the meditative practice would help out as regular sleep - Maybe you are simply getting less NREM sleep and more REM sleep - basically your meditation must be sufficiently deep that it is in the REM brain phase. Definitely it sounds cleaner than any drug!

Toby also thanks for your honesty. I am not sure if you have ever had CBD oil, but a good size dose of it seems to help well and has been proven not to have detrimental effect on the sleep cycles or disrupt restorative sleep.
I hear what you are saying from your experience with psylocybin (good luck with p. cyans!). Preferably not a replacement for good meditation that should have more permanent effects on the brain in helping detach from the ego. Both results can be seen on functional MRI imaging. Do you mean kefir - as in probiotics?
Now C60 - you are talking of C60 fullerene, as a molecule comprised of 60 atoms. They are also referred to as buckyballs. Isn't that the same molecule that Tom used in his diffraction experiments?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Dom,

Yeah, I have been on the full spectrum CBD from CBDistillery its 167MG per dose. Its good stuff but damn expensive $245.00 for 30ml . The Kiefer is the Probiotic,,, yes. If you get the live grains and make it yourself it is a more powerful and will fix your gut in a day or 2 if you have killed off everything with antibiotics which normally will take years on its own to rebuild itself to normal. The mushrooms were temporary, I was unable to meditate for several years and I used them every other weekend for about 1 year, It helped me get over my extreme anger, rage and vengeance I had at the ducebags who are running the show here and enjoy their rituals of corrupting, molesting, killing and consuming the innocents of the little ones . I could not do anything in this reality that I could in the next and it sickend me to see what is going on here and powerless to do nothing. I refused to take the crap the humans are making for PTSD! The C60 /pulverized is the better choice.. it is the buckyball fullerene and works with the live Kiefer, Once the gut is fixed it will process fiberus foods like an apple and produce hydrogen- natural antioxidant, the C60 will take in the Hydrogen molecule and produce an antioxidant several hundred times stronger than vitamin C , but the kicker is … normally the hydrogen molecule is single use, once it turns the free radical into water its done but when its bound to the C60 molecule it becomes mulit use - can remove several free radicals with one charge. Also a bonus.. It seems to increase or lengthen your telomers-- extends your biological age, removes heavy metal toxins from your system and has reversed several types of cancers - with fasting / exercise program - exercise hard for 30 min to 1 hour in the morning and fast until 1:30 - 2:00 pm every day. subjects on C60 that were given a fatal dose of radiation were not effected at all and are still going strong to this day. I am unsure if Tom has talked about this or used this, I will check on that though :)

Have a good one,

-Toby

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm 

Quote:
Hey -

Sorry to trouble people here with self-related issues. I am a guy who is getting middle-aged and has Aspergers.
Unfortunately in recent years, I have had real trouble sleeping. Partly it could be related to the condition, combined with anxiety around employment and such factors.

Being unable to sleep properly. I know that brains tend to degenerate sometimes with age and that sleep regulation can be an issue in older people, however I am only 42 and are barely able to function properly and be in a healthy cycle like most other people.

Having such sleep regulation issues means that I have often reverted to dysfunctional coping strategies in order to get some sleep - alcohol etc, which I am really ashamed about. It also means that connection with the LCS is not quite so great.
Definitely the LCS would not desire this - or may present sleep as a challenge for personal evolution in some way?

Definitely I know there are some really inspiring and educated people here. I did not want to put myself on the healing list, as this is rather trivial compared to what other people have had or are going through.

Any kind of feedback is appreciated though. I am sorry that this is about me and not about other. But thanks :)

Try supplementing with magnesium.