Return Home
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Some time ago I noticed that there is a new Wikipedia page about Tom.
But recently it was deleted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... n_Campbell

As I understand, the most important reason for deletion was the fact that there are no other sources of information about his biography and works except the Monroe Institute. I tried myself to find more detailed information from other web search results but I failed to find any.

I know that most of close-minded skeptics will ignore Tom's TOE anyway but I have met some people who show some interest and then just walk away because there is not enough information about Tom. If there were some other links from Tom's previous schools, universities and workplaces it would help to create somewhat more credible feeling for some skeptics out there, so they at least take a look at Tom's TOE.

Last edited by midix on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've NEVER found Wiki useful for information about Big Picture stuff.

I ALWAYS find Tom's Wiki, useful for information about Big Picture stuff.

So, personally, I'm not concerned about this Wiki event, at this stage of it's development.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The Wikipedia article I mentioned was not about Big Picture. It was about Tom. The global Wikipedia collects information which is mainstream (or close to it) but it collects only information that has strong evidences or is otherwise popular and well known. I guess, the fact that Tom's page has been deleted means that there is not enough credible information about Tom to be found on the Web. I know that it's not a good habit to evaluate someone's work just by author's credentials but still, we all know how it works - that was the same reason why Robert Monroe wanted scientists with credentials working in his lab. Unfortunately, without any source of credentials many people just turn away without paying any notice.
At least we have this page:
http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Bi ... pbell,_Jr.

but it would be great to see Tom's name mentioned somewhere on NASA or DoD webpage, if only they had their employee lists publicly available...

Last edited by midix on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:12 am 
Curator
Curator

Actually there is nothing in that page at present. Someone set it up but did not complete it. I will try to work on it soon and get what information is available up there, after working with Tom and others on this. There used to be more information on the MBT Events web site, at least in my memory, but it appears to have been shortened now and a synopsis of MBT added. I will attempt to get together a definitive, although limited, biography for Tom and put it into that page for a standard reference for the community. I will attempt to bring together all the information Tom has made available in his books and on the board. Between the privacy of individuals and the limitations imposed by Tom's having worked under DOD secrecy regulations for his 'first' career, probably no one will be satisfied who keeps demanding the kind of detailed information that some want. They would not likely be satisfied even if they had what they demand as I would point out that there are no accepted credentialing sources for new frontier exploring metaphysicians which is what Tom realistically is. Tom's qualifications for this come from his undisputed working with Robert Monroe in his private laboratory on the way to the creation of TMI. Just what I need, something else on my 'to do' list.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom usually details his career to the audience when speaking about MBT. I don't see what difference a wiki page would do. If it is for checking the validity of what Tom says to be his credentials, then a wiki page won't make any difference. It could be easily dismissed as false information. Perhaps if a well known close-minded person, or group of people with good credentials stood up and vouched for Tom as a competent scientist, without touching the subject of MBT one in such state could be convinced.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:11 am 
Curator
Curator

The only purpose is to provide a readily available and definitive source for this information. It is something that we should have on Tom's Wiki. Where else better? The purpose of the Wiki, versus the board, is to provide readily accessible information as our standard reference source for things MBT. While things might be referenced from the board, they tend to be lost in the way that a board functions. The idea is to keep everything readily accessible and organized in an information tree structure so that when someone wants to find it, it is readily available. I have been neglecting the Wiki for too long now. It must begin growing again.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The Wikipedia article I mentioned was not about Big Picture. It was about Tom.
I fully realize that. And to clarify my comment, I'll refer to Ted's comment, in part:
Quote:
new frontier exploring metaphysicians which is what Tom realistically is.
Does that help clarify my remark ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Someone on the web was so curious about Tom's credentials that he (or she) managed to find Tom's record in Bethany College. Even with a photo. Here you go:
https://archive.org/stream/bethanian196 ... 6/mode/2up

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:16 am 
Curator
Curator

From the structure of the pages, comparing earlier and later pages photo layouts versus their name lists, Tom is obviously the young man at the top image of the left hand page. I can't say I recognize him but then I don't recognize myself in the mirror, versus how I looked at that age in pictures. He would be about 22 years old then in the class of 1966. Roughly 48 years ago.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And then in the same topic where I found Tom's photo from 1966, someone tried also to find him in Purdue University archives of 1968 here:
http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/cdm4/do ... 6142&REC=9

It's a bit messy there, and they could not find Tom. There was only some other Campbell - Michael W. Campbell.

It would be great if Tom could hint us if there are any online sources in Purdue University or Virginia University mentioning him. Not that it would change anything for people who know and appreciate Tom's work but still it would give a bit more credibility for some skeptics who say "Is he a physicist at all?" before they consider reading Tom's books.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:01 am 
Curator
Curator

Keep in mind that college yearbooks, like highschool yearbooks, are centered around undergraduates, the graduating class and activities, sororities, fraternities and possibly faculty. Graduate students do not get through on the same kind of schedule and class year setup that undergraduates do. Class years stop as undergraduates. Graduate students might get out at any time of the year and not necessarily participate in having pictures taken and going to commencement. I know that I did not do so. A lot depends on waiting for courses to become available that are needed for your individual program (each program is individual) and then there are the uncertainties of completing a research project. All this makes for differences in terms of when your degree was awarded and does not likely match an academic year. I didn't find any grad students in their yearbook, although I could have missed them.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wikipedia has been taken over by close-minded pseudo-skeptics groups. So it does not make me wonder that they delete pages of people who or on topics that do not confirm their "world view".

If they cannot delete it due to some degree of notability undeniable, then they try to deface the info after their gusto in order to ridicule or "debunk" it.

Ask Rupert Sheldrake.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is another photo of Tom here as part of the "student court."

https://archive.org/stream/bethanian196 ... 6/mode/2up

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very interesting to see those old pictures of Tom (Ramon and midix).

Would have been almost impossible to have recognised him without the captions, though, even allowing for the lack of beard and passage of time. And obviously just a few years before the "long-haired kid physicist", as self-described in MBT, emerged!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:53 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Wikipedia has been taken over by close-minded pseudo-skeptics groups. So it does not make me wonder that they delete pages of people who or on topics that do not confirm their "world view".

If they cannot delete it due to some degree of notability undeniable, then they try to deface the info after their gusto in order to ridicule or "debunk" it.

Ask Rupert Sheldrake.
Exactly correct!