Return Home
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:14 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on this?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

According to the subject article qubits, while unobserved are spinning and accordingly operate in 2 states at the same time, similar to a coin flip. As is noted in my previous post, consciousness can operate as a particle, wave or both. The outcome is deterministic. When the moon was observed by an FWAU, it became a permanent part of this PMR rule set. When an IUOC determined it could project into the subject PMR, it upon doing so, operates as an individual (particle). However, it remains in 2 states at the same time. As the FWAU, it operates as a particle and as the IUOC it operates as the wave.

I propose that the Copenhagen and pilot wave interpretations are each half of the same coin. Consciousness is non-local. It has no geographical limits and is interdependent meaning there is no separation. Consciousness in its natural wave state is a "single irreducible reality".

https://www.quantamagazine.org/pilot-wa ... -20160516/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John ,

I really appreciate the efforts your making here to help educate people like me, new to this,.. and what is going on with the latest developments..( which seem lately to be quite a few of them and its an exciting time i feel for all of us involved)..

But on the subject of the Pilot waves, I was just starting to read more about them and -

on the deterministic nature of them .. Would it fair to say that Tom usually has counter views to anything in these areas which are deterministic ?

Thanks for all your help so far in improving our understandings of this new area,

Brian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Consciousness is the hidden variable. It doesn’t come from anywhere or anything. It was, is and always will be everything. It is all possibility and all probability. It changes continuously and eternally.

The pieces can never be the whole but the whole is contained within all the pieces. It determines everything. It is the Alpha and Omega.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I’m confused by your response. It has nothing to do with quantum mechanics, which is what mbt rests on.
I was referencing possible implications for the possible future of technology, computers, and computation;

"Quantum computing is the use of quantum-mechanical phenomena such as superposition and entanglement to perform computation"

Based on some of he data I have received, those of us who will be around here for a while will see huge breakthroughs in technology. Many will be in a position to not have to work and have drones deliver packages to our doors, virtually anything we want delivered fast with the click of a button.

my concern for us is that we all learn to unplug. i remember during past long term power outages some people where acting like the world was coming to an end. no tv, internet, no connection.

i am definitely becoming more mindfull of the fact that i do not always have to have the radio on in the car, tv on in the room, a phone to entertainment or keep me occupied. i keep reminding myself and others there can be more enjoyment sometimes just sitting outside doing nothing. more and more people i find these days can;t even do that. lets not let that happen to us.

and i am not sure MBT rests entirely on quantum mechanics. but the double slit experiment, for example, definitely supports the theory that reality is a simulation.

i think tom is right though, many wont like that conclusion because of the next step in acknowledging someone is running this simulation and they will keep denying and just call is strange science that we can;t understand. i just hope i can bring that knowledge to as many people i can given the positive impact it has had on my life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

But on the subject of the Pilot waves, I was just starting to read more about them and -

on the deterministic nature of them .. Would it fair to say that Tom usually has counter views to anything in these areas which are deterministic ?
Hi Brian,

We are all learning and exploring. In the subject article regarding qubits, scientists concluded that the particle location could be determined by a set of pilot wave equations or,in other words, its location is deterministic. I used that context to reconcile the theory behind the article to the theory that consciousness can operate as a particle, wave or both. This theory also considers consciousness to be causal.

I don't think it is counter to Tom's view as I recall it relates to this PMR rule set. But, I am venturing into new territory here. In any case, I will revisit Tom's opinion. Where is Linda when you need her? Thanks.

Warm regards,

John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks again John,

Sure.. I am willing to trust the math equations on these pilot waves..
I am quite interested to get Tom's feedback on this..
Perhaps he will make one of his rare postings here in this thread on this ?

Thanks for now, Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Would it fair to say that Tom usually has counter views to anything in these areas which are deterministic ?

This video answers the question:

Determinism and materialism versus virtual reality and probability by Tom Campbell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBOBWLAn ... e=youtu.be

As Tom states in the opening, there are two kinds of virtual reality: deterministic or bottom-up and probabilistic or top-down. My previous post simply attempts to reconcile the two approaches.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John,

Sorry for my late reply here

Thanks for providing this video link. This looks to be exactly the type of video , I need to review MBT 's positions on determinism and probability ..

I am still a little behind on videos, as I still need to finish the rest of the original consciousness / brain new theories..Video that was posted in the first reply here.

I think your also right in that this is exactly the sorta MBT position I think Linda knows a lot about :)

There may be a bit of a lag to my reply here a I try to catch up on videos ..

I chat with Martin quite a lot , and i can assure you we both think the world about your knowledge, but even more so kindness and help to others you provide here on the MBT forums ..

Thanks again my friend :).

Brian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 am 
Normal User
Normal User

The original paper is here:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1803.00545.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very grateful !

thanks for providing this link , Minde

Looks like i have more reading than ever to do now.. :)