Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:56 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:32 am 
Curator
Curator

It is more clear if it is thought of as bringing some result into the consciousness of an entity than to say 'observer'. There are some complications that come up when recordings are involved but eventually the results are viewed by a conscious entity.

[quote:Leah88]Re Your answer to my pilot wave question , I didn’t really understand because how I interpreted mbt was that it was based around Qm showing there needed to be an observer But in bohmian mechanics there needn’t be one?[/quote]

This is your statement but it ended up in quote frame including multiple quotes with my name under it as if I said it.

If there is no conscious observer in Bohmian terms, how does any one ever know about the existence/occurrence of a phenomenon? How can you talk about something which no one knows about? There must be something more and/or different about this than is stated.

Perhaps you could consider editing your posts above to make the quotes clear as to who said what and to separate out what is quoted from different persons. If within the first quote bracket of a pair you entered quote:Leah88 instead of just quote, you get the results above where the name of the person being quoted is displayed.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:14 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I’m sure people on here will be fine at keeping up, but back to the question about QM, if De-Broglie was correct in his theory, would this change The basis of mbt? I can’t see how it wouldn’t have an impact on the foundation? That’s what I’m wondering... Please don’t get upset again Ted, just because I’m asking questions. Nothing on here is meant to be personal, just a discussion. Peace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 am 
Curator
Curator

Leah88,

I am not upset about anything. You are the one who in a previous post went into a snit and stated that you would not be posting here any more but would stomp off and post all over the Internet what fascists we were. Since you were scattering posts all over the board at the time, I am not going to bother to chase that down to your specific post, but it could be done.

The problem is not that I am not answering your questions but that you are not listening and responding to my answers but to your own imaginings and how you want to interpret the discussion. There would be no effect on the foundations of MBT because you are choosing to ignore the fact that that foundation is not what you imagine it to be or wish to pretend that it should be affected. You are advocating essentially materialist doctrines about this being a physical reality and instead, part of the foundation taught here is that this is not a material physical reality existing 'out there' with 'us' as physical beings inside it but rather an experience of existing in a physical reality created in the minds of the participating avatars based on the information passed to those avatars which creates their experience of existing in a material physical Virtual Reality. There is a big difference here in these concepts.

One does not fall off one's tricycle and skin their knee on the hard pavement. One has the virtual experience of falling off their tricycle and skinning their knee, providing the data of that experience, all a Simulation including the pain.

Ted